• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Mustang is dead man stumbling. And is in terminal decline. A pair of ipods isn't going to move the needle. Actually I expect th collapse to steepen significantly.
probably not, itll probably be another round of the S550 generation, or as you stated earlier, the S550.5. like the S197 II (10-14) there will be a noticeable bump in sales but ultimately flatline, who knows? i never said the screens were going to save the mustang, hell, im expecting the stand alone V8 to be dead by 2030. But Ford sitting on their asses and doing nothing would only serve to hasten that route to the grave. you may not like the screens and thats fine, people didnt like Fuel injectors, people didnt like drive by wire, people didnt like a lot of things. end of the day, they stayed with that they loved, and the rest of the world moved on

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I see S550 constantly - almost as frequently as Civics and Teslas 'round these parts. Exactly who are these people still riding around in Fox/Edge? They are dirt poor and have one because it's a rust bucket. No way in hell they can afford a S550/550.5. And if their fox/new are in great shape, good luck prying their fingers off their current car.

While Kona is out in left field, there is basically next to no market for the 550.5. Sure, some replacement, some conquest from Challenger or more likely Camaro but it won't be big numbers; conquest won't save the Mustang.

I've owned a series of S550s, and drive my '21 Challenger (now with IRS/chassis fixes, and proper tires) frequently and well remember the SS/1LE I had during '19/20. I have ZERO brand affinity unlike a large cross-section of typical buyers in this segment. I'm actively looking to order a SS or Blackwing but 550.5 is dead to me. I won't even consider it should my 550s got crushed.

That's how bad of a miss the S550.5 is both externally but more importantly internally.
Calling it the s550.5 has got to be the most petty thing I've ever seen. Seeing as you clearly don't like the car, why are you here? Just to shit on it and make yourself feel better?

You're not changing anyone's mind with such a negative attitude.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Im here because m6g owners copied everyone over here so they could bootstrap their ad stream. And then comingled the sites So blame them.

And the thread is deliberately negative. By definition it's not about positive opinions and changing views

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Im here because m6g owners copied everyone over here so they could bootstrap their ad stream. And then comingled the sites So blame them.

And the thread is deliberately negative. By definition it's not about positive opinions and changing views
Then just don't comment on s650 threads?

You aren't adding anything of value.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
I see S550 constantly - almost as frequently as Civics and Teslas 'round these parts. Exactly who are these people still riding around in Fox/Edge? They are dirt poor and have one because it's a rust bucket. No way in hell they can afford a S550/550.5. And if their fox/new are in great shape, good luck prying their fingers off their current car.

While Kona is out in left field, there is basically next to no market for the 550.5. Sure, some replacement, some conquest from Challenger or more likely Camaro but it won't be big numbers; conquest won't save the Mustang.

I've owned a series of S550s, and drive my '21 Challenger (now with IRS/chassis fixes, and proper tires) frequently and well remember the SS/1LE I had during '19/20. I have ZERO brand affinity unlike a large cross-section of typical buyers in this segment. I'm actively looking to order a SS or Blackwing but 550.5 is dead to me. I won't even consider it should my 550s got crushed.

That's how bad of a miss the S550.5 is both externally but more importantly internally.
It's been stated over and over again, Ford made the S650 for a younger customer base. Please define what Ford means by "younger" to someone who doesn't believe in any of their marketing hyperbole.

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
Ok, I have owned many generations of mustangs, actually all but the S550. That said I am so excited about the entire interior of this car including instrumentation its unreal. So much so have put my cash where my mouth is and have a 700A on order, awaiting its production and delivery.

This car is Mustang thru and thru. Sorry for all the hate over evolution, again from what I have seen this car is awesome.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Please define what Ford means by "younger" to someone who doesn't believe in any of their marketing hyperbole.
Who the heck knows.

"younger" can't afford it unless parents gift it. They also have a strong proclivity toward using illegal and unlicensed taxi services for movement - albeit mostly a metro thing not evidenced in farm country.

The mustang is rarely the sole car and generally unsuitable for more than 2 so that weeds out a giant swath of population as well.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who the heck knows.

"younger" can't afford it unless parents gift it. They also have a strong proclivity toward using illegal and unlicensed taxi services for movement - albeit mostly a metro thing not evidenced in farm country.

The mustang is rarely the sole car and generally unsuitable for more than 2 so that weeds out a giant swath of population as well.
You can knock out folks in the food service industry of buying a new Mustang. They are some of the lowest minimum wage folks in the US.

Rick Deppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
So I know I am in the minority here (and I am no millennia), but I do like digital dashboards, if they are done right. They don't have to look like a "screen" and they can convey a lot of information in a way that is very comfortable, pleasing, and easy to consume at a glance. The key here is "being done right".

I love the digital dash in my V90, but I have not been overly impressed with the digital dash in my S550. So far, I am optimistic about the dash in the new Mustang, but it will really depend on the graphic design of content itself, not the panel on which it is rendered.

I do agree that basic controls need to remain with physical buttons though. My biggest gripe about my V90 controls is the touchscreen to adjust temperature is awkward to use while driving and the voice control is marginal at best.
I agree with you. I'm definitely not young. I will be 40 this month. The S550 Interior was very plan. You pretty much got the same thing. From Mach 1 to the base models. I waited to buy my mustang. For this new s650. The interior in my opinion was in need of an update.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with you. I'm definitely not young. I will be 40 this month. The S550 Interior was very plan. You pretty much got the same thing. From Mach 1 to the base models. I waited to buy my mustang. For this new s650. The interior in my opinion was in need of an update.
My beef with the interior, they are the same for the coupe as the convertible even though the convertible receives harsher treatment from the environment. If you are paying up to $4.5k more for a convertible, you should get better materials.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you turn 50 you will think 40 is young.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
When you turn 50 you will think 40 is young.
I'm 28 and view myself as an old hag 😂. But that's probably because social media skews our perception of what age. Teaching us if you haven't made it big by the time you're 20, it's over for you.