• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
I'm 28 and view myself as an old hag šŸ˜‚. But that's probably because social media skews our perception of what age. Teaching us if you haven't made it big by the time you're 20, it's over for you.
That kind of thinking can get you in a LOT of trouble.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I have read in here that Ford didn't follow the heritage but I do see where they wanted to go with S650.
nice mash-up. But who in their right mind thinks bring back the worst of 80's 'block' design was a good idea?

fschael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
nice mash-up. But who in their right mind thinks bring back the worst of 80's 'block' design was a good idea?
I don't know, that gen is my least favorite one but the 80's is coming back. Perhaps gen-z would love it. Remember that s650 will stay at least 7-8 years in production. Time enough for gen-z start for taking over.

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
Hate on the dash all you want. I had the option to go EB 550 with a manual and actually chose to go with a 650 auto. I love the interior. It's what swayed me to buy a Mustang for sure. There's a lot of options out there. I looked.

All that said, I am buying the extended warrantee b/c I have a deep seeded suspicion the displays will be a trouble point and not be cheap to service or replace.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I like the styling. The screens do look "slapped on" but the UI and features the screens are going to be amazing to play with. Hopefully, it also opens to door for something aftermarket that can customize it even further.

I know some of you just want something analog without much interaction but having digital gauges and data all available in a customized manner are exactly what tech-oriented consumers want.

My only issue is that center console looks like a huge plastic tunnel. For all the space it took up, there could have been some major improvements on it.

adamhixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
ok boomer lol

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok boomer lol
you might want to focus WHICH of us 'Boomer's you'd like us to know you're responding to. Because there are at least a dozen parties to the latest series of opinions. :)

Damn Whippersnappers, can't maintain thread continuity or use this new-fangled forum software correctly. :) :)

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
I'm 28 and view myself as an old hag šŸ˜‚. But that's probably because social media skews our perception of what age. Teaching us if you haven't made it big by the time you're 20, it's over for you.
I believe you are suffering from premature speculation.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
I have read in here that Ford didn't follow the heritage but I do see where they wanted to go with S650.

604B4560-C439-40E3-B924-60D529B9E9C1.jpeg

2A8B8D49-CF31-4DAB-8738-D26D268F0618.jpeg
Where is the Mustang moniker on S650 as compared to the one on Fox body interior?

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Lets be honest. People are never gonna be happy regardless of any design. I'm sure those who have the first mustang ever, did not like next generation. So it's made for the current generation and future generation. It has to evolve. Could they have made it look different and have more personality yes, Would people still complain also yes. They could have kept the old stuff and people still would have taken issue bc it would have looked the same. Interior has not been an area that ford was good in. That was usually Chevrolet. And Dodge had the same Interior with no changes for 10 plus yrs lol

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interior has not been an area that ford was good in. That was usually Chevrolet. And Dodge had the same Interior with no changes for 10 plus yrs lol
Interesting take. On "recent" vehicles (2015+) the Chev has god-awful materials but some ingenuity in design. Mopar materials are barely a step up but RIFE with stupid where apparently the designer was far more interested in looks than actually making provision for use. Ford actually has the "best" interiors of the 3 with good enough materials and attention paid to ergonomics and practicality.

Now that's ignoring the anus that this new dash is and the failure to spend any time on cohesive integration.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Lets be honest. People are never gonna be happy regardless of any design. I'm sure those who have the first mustang ever, did not like next generation. So it's made for the current generation and future generation. It has to evolve. Could they have made it look different and have more personality yes, Would people still complain also yes. They could have kept the old stuff and people still would have taken issue bc it would have looked the same. Interior has not been an area that ford was good in. That was usually Chevrolet. And Dodge had the same Interior with no changes for 10 plus yrs lol
Regardless, Dodge sold just about every damn one of them and probably still would.
Sponsored