• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Ford needs to fire people for this egregious mistake. In my orbit of friends, family and co-workers, the VAST majority do not like the dash. Two of them own Mustangs. Small sampling, yes, but a small sampling of a much, much larger one?.... Maybe. I know, Ford doesn't care, I get it; however, they should, and rethink this whole dash and change it a couple years down the road ... IMO.
Statistically insignificant tbh. Even all of these threads feature massive selection bias considering itā€™s largely the most vocal and passionate repeating the same discourse amongst themselves.

Your average consumer buying a Mustang might love it, we donā€™t know, but thatā€™s why weā€™re not working for Ford and analyzing buyer decisions for a living.
Sponsored

65ffr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Ram 1500, '65 FFR Cobra
Well I hate it enough that I just placed an order for a ZL1. I'll probably be back to mustang if my name doesn't come up before the end of production tho.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Ford needs to fire people for this egregious mistake. In my orbit of friends, family and co-workers, the VAST majority do not like the dash. Two of them own Mustangs. Small sampling, yes, but a small sampling of a much, much larger one?.... Maybe. I know, Ford doesn't care, I get it; however, they should, and rethink this whole dash and change it a couple years down the road ... IMO.
A small sampling of a much larger one? Lol that's not how statistics work. Your circle of friends and family may not like it, but I'd be willing to bet the greater market does and Ford has calculated that

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
A small sampling of a much larger one? Lol that's not how statistics work. Your circle of friends and family may not like it, but I'd be willing to bet the greater market does and Ford has calculated that
Having been in the consumer goods industry for over 16 years, I do know that marketing focus groups can get it wrong. BUT, I will bet that on something as critical as this, Ford did a pretty broad study with multiple focus groups and they have strong reason to believe that the concept will be a success with their overall target market.

Where things can (and often do) go wrong is AFTER a winning concept is selected, the bean counters force changes in the name of cost cutting that end up ruining key aspects of the original design.

Like it or not (and I know most here - including myself - do NOT), the tablet style dash is "in" right now (thank you Tesla and Elon Musk šŸ¤¬), I suspect we will see more and more of it over the next few years until the next "new" thing comes along.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Having been in the consumer goods industry for over 16 years, I do know that marketing focus groups can get it wrong. BUT, I will bet that on something as critical as this, Ford did a pretty broad study with multiple focus groups and they have strong reason to believe that the concept will be a success with their overall target market.

Where things can (and often do) go wrong is AFTER a winning concept is selected, the bean counters force changes in the name of cost cutting that end up ruining key aspects of the original design.

Like it or not (and I know most here - including myself - do NOT), the tablet style dash is "in" right now (thank you Tesla and Elon Musk šŸ¤¬), I suspect we will see more and more of it over the next few years until the next "new" thing comes along.
Probably an easier sell for them to say thereā€™s a video game engine in the dash instead of dumping millions into nailing down the damping of an A/C or volume knob.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Probably an easier sell for them to say thereā€™s a video game engine in the dash instead of dumping millions into nailing down the damping of an A/C or volume knob.
Sad to say, but I think you are right on the money there!

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Agreed; however, not all marketing choices, even for a giant like Ford, comes out as expected. I am 'hoping' my small sampling is a tiny crumb of a much larger piece.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Agreed; however, not all marketing choices, even for a giant like Ford, comes out as expected. I am 'hoping' my small sampling is a tiny crumb of a much larger piece.
Be careful what you wish for. If the S650 turns into a flop because everyone hates the interior it may just hasten the demise of ICE Mustangs altogether.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Ford doesn't care, we don't care, move on to another hobby already. No one should get fired over this. Do you hear how insane you sound?

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Ford doesn't care, we don't care, move on to another hobby already. No one should get fired over this. Do you hear how insane you sound?
Whoa dude chill, why the angst? The poster is just expressing an opinion - '...IMO' - about the dash in a thread about...the dash. It may not be the same as yours. That's ok isn't it?

As for 'we don't care' which 'we' is it that you're representing?

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
With the Unreal engine powering all of that, Ford should finish the job and offer the option for a third dash on the left. Then the S650 can be used with a PS5 for external display, controller and realistic surround sound when playing Grand Turismo 7.
S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 1C156260-41E1-48DB-AD7C-EA77CDA919AD
Thatā€™s the only sane explanation, given all the R&D investments in drift e-brake and stuff.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My wife just bought a Bronco sport. It has the ipad stuck on the dash look with the center screen. We both like it.
S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO Screenshot 2022-09-17 101619

I prefer having the screen be a separate entity rather than raising the entire dash up around the screen and having a massive dash surrounding the screen and blocking my view.

I have never bought a Mustang based on the dash. I usually buy based on the engine or performance information. I will be surprised if this dash would change my decision one way or the other. It's surprising to me that this thread is going for 29 pages and people are so passionate about dashes. Maybe it's just because we don't have enough performance/engine info about the car yet.

I do think that getting rid of the physical controls was a big mistake by Ford and that is a con for the new Mustang as far as I'm concerned.

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Statistically insignificant tbh. Even all of these threads feature massive selection bias considering itā€™s largely the most vocal and passionate repeating the same discourse amongst themselves.

Your average consumer buying a Mustang might love it, we donā€™t know, but thatā€™s why weā€™re not working for Ford and analyzing buyer decisions for a living.
I don't disagree with this, but this overall trend is a perfect illustration of corporate followship (a term I've coined while working for such large companies) versus real leadership. You do not get great products by surveying the average customer. You get great products by sticking to a vision, I daresay by listening to the "vocal and passionate" minority.

I get why Ford is doing it (following trends, cost, etc.). But what's the use in making a Mustang that apes EVs, but doesn't do it as well? If people want screens like this, they are probably the same people, by and large, who want an EV. I think there is a niche for cars that retain their analog nature, and I'm in the camp that thinks the Mustang should embrace that.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Insane for having an opinion? Really man? Then so are you, the 'WE' you speak about, and everyone else on this entire planet, for that matter. "My 7G forum name is because_murica, and I am insane." Welcome to IA ... lol.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Insane for having an opinion? Really man? Then so are you, the 'WE' you speak about, and everyone else on this entire planet, for that matter. "My 7G forum name is because_murica, and I am insane." Welcome to IA ... lol.
Insane for suggesting someone should lose their job over the new dash. Hate it? Fine. But no one should lose their livelihood because an incredibly small sample size of people don't like it. That's crazy, extremist talk.
Sponsored