• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
so if I put cucumber and avocado into the 'fruit salad' does that magically transform cucumber and avocado into a fruit?
An avocado is already a fruit. Technically, it's a berry.

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO the-more-you-know

You can't construct a logically coherent statement that contradicts "The digital dash in a 2024 Mustang is a Mustang dash."

It's a tautology, isn't it?

"It's not a Mustang dash!" is just a sloppy, hyperbolic way of saying "It's not what I expect and I don't like it!" Why it's not sufficient to simply say "It's not what I expect and I don't like it!" is...a mystery.

As for the cucumber...you're on your own, there.
Sponsored

Last edited:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
fine, does making an EV CUV and slapping on tri-bar tail lights make a Mach-E a Mustang? :)

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The cockpit of the seventh-generation Mustang has been reimagined for the age of the digital car, but look closely at the details and it's clear that the engineers and designers that created this car know what kind of driver buys a Mustang. For us speed-loving, knuckle-dragging gearheads that still savor the roar and rush of a naturally aspirated V-8, the new Mustang's interior isn't about the screens.
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2024-ford-mustang-interior-review/

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW turbo
Exactly how I feel…
Agree too, while I have the LED display it still feels more Mustang gauge like vs. this new ipad thingie. I'll be fine with that kind of display in a Explorer but not as much in the Mustang, losing the brow in the dash just feels less than...

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
per article:
the new Mustang's interior isn't about the screens.
Really now? Then why are they a giant eyesore instead of being deftly melded into the background?
with nearly all of the audio and climate controls relegated to the central touchscreen.
PROVING once more Ford is just blindly copying the STUPID that the first movers ALREADY admit as mistakes and are un-doing/done. I could understand if 2-3 years ago Ford was just #metoo but the world has realized their mistakes by now... So you couldn't be bothered to UNDO it before you went to final?

At least that screen presents large icons, clear graphics, and logical menus.
no, those icons and buttons are ENTIRELY too tiny and only useable when stopped.

there's a small shelf for standing a phone on edge with the screen angled up toward the driver and passenger
and SO FAR off the eye-line as to be DANGEROUS. And therefore pointless and useless.

The driver POV of the screen viewed thru the steering wheel shows the GIGANTIC dead border all the way around. WTF you couldn't source a less sucky POS panel? Is the 12" screen measuring the bezel corners or the active LCD? Let me guess, probably the bezel so it's only a 10"?

Worse they don't even use the full height of the screen they DO have to depict gauges and such. There's a solid 1/2"+ they just fade blue into black. Really? They just copied BMW's gauge cluster while they were at it?

Yet another UNcritical cheerleading article that might as well just have re-printed Ford PR. Pathetic.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Yeah, uh...the fact that it's in a Mustang makes it a Mustang dash.

It doesn't suit your individual idea of "what a Mustang should be?"

Well...okay, then.
Just because it's in a mustang, doesn't make it a Mustang dash. If you put a Camaro dash in the s650, does that make it a Mustang dash? ....... My bad, it does, because the exterior looks like a Camaro. That's not a problem with me, however, because I like the exterior (and the Camaro), but not as much as I like my '19.

That being said, if the interior had a dash similar to the s550, most people would like the s650 that much better, IMO. There is no shame in 'settling' for that ridiculous, un-mustang-like dash if you like the car for the most part.

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Worse they don't even use the full height of the screen they DO have to depict gauges and such. There's a solid 1/2"+ they just fade blue into black. Really? They just copied BMW's gauge cluster while they were at it?
You haven't really seen space wasted until you've seen the horrific Ford Bronco dash.

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
I think the old BMW dashes were the best. Simple orange at night (easy on the eyes), extreme clarity. Fabulous.

I truly never thought I'd say this: Cadillac actually got some things right lately. Granted, not everyone is going to like the overall look or every element of their interiors. I was prepared to *not* like it, but I found myself impressed over time. Remember, Cadillac had the worst interiors in the world just a few years ago (capacitive touch with haptic feedback, worst of all worlds).

After driving a 5BW for a while, here's why I like what they did here:

1) Really well done dash graphics (several to choose from). I actually think they look good, which shocked me. Analog-looking tach with just the right amount of digital information surrounding it, customizable. You have the analog tach, digital speedo, simple indication of other things, such as if you have downshift rev matching enabled. Scrollable infotainment stuff to the right of the tach (trip od, audio info, directions, etc.). Fully customizable panes, four of them, to the left of the tach--tire pressure, oil temp, whatever.

2) A center display screen that is just big enough to show whatever I want to show, and tilted back a little so it doesn't dominate your view or cause as much glare/reflection. Sure, some may think it's too small. I like it like it is.

3) One of the best parts is the row of physical controls. Simple pushbuttons, clear display, up/down toggles for temp & fan speed. Ridiculously easy to adjust with just a glance. I need to go to the infotainment screen to do things like tune radio presets, infrequent stuff. For most purposes, the physical controls have me covered.

4) And, of course, the Tremec manual. I know, not what we're talking about here. I only bring it up to make a different point. I'd put up with the "crappy" (too many/large screens) new Mustang interior for the right drivetrain (Tremec only). Then again, I wouldn't buy a Mustang with a great interior without the Tremec, either. So I guess that's my way of saying that the interior doesn't matter *that* much, it wouldn't be a deal breaker. :)

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 1663971459177

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 1663972246974

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I can't be asked to read all 16 pages. Bottom line is " you have to go with the time/trend" and that's what people are asking for, especially the new adopters. Period. This car will sell well nontheless so what is the point in debating? Leave the past behind. Ford have their plans and they know very well why the have integrated that digital dashboard.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty much, yeah.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I personally think this thread peaked a long time ago. Time for a lock? 16 pages and almost 2 weeks of complaining, SHEEESH! (joking but serious)

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just saw that BMW is also doing the same interior style as every other carmaker too.
1664197034702.png
Looks a lot like the new Mustang.

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 1664200101514

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 1664205808547

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I agree with @shogun32 - the new S650 dash is hideous at best - and I've been saying it since the "leaked" images many months ago.

As I posted previously in this thread, all the audiophiles are up shits creek trying to do an aftermarket system now - there's no way to "separate" the pieces to just do a stereo display upgrade.

I'm sure once someone tries to use Forscan, there's going to be issues too and I wouid not be surprised if Ford has implemented a way to tell IF someone has been messing around in the modules or software.

Did Ford even integrate a real EQ screen into the new dash at least?? LMAO, probably not.

That type of dash - in ANY vehicle - without any analog gauges or even integrated manual touch buttons or controls is a piss-poor design in ANY vehicle. It's a DISTRACTION to the driver and DANGER to others around that driver who's now fiddling with screens and screen menus maneuvering just to change HVAC controls or even to do what once was the simplest of tasks...

Wait until the first 2024 leaves a Cars-N-Coffee event and lands in a ditch because the driver was focused on changing the A/C temp +2*....

And - wait for the first thread:
"My dash is completely blacked out, can't access anything"....

LMAO... because you know that one is coming...
Sponsored

Last edited: