• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
See my ealier post, it' s really the modern copycat every single carmaker uses.
Whatever. It looks pretty good.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Those that don't care that it looks a lot like other dashboards also don't care about the classic integrity & pedigree of the Mustang. That is just sad.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those that don't care that it looks a lot like other dashboards also don't care about the classic integrity & pedigree of the Mustang. That is just sad.
Not so.

That's as silly as saying that those who are insistent that this design somehow doesn't respect the "classic integrity & pedigree" are just pretending that all the previous Mustangs that didn't employ the exact same three or four design tropes were somehow "not real Mustangs."

That's probably not so, either.

It's one thing to have favorite features about particular generations of Mustangs. It's another to claim that only those particular models count.

I mean, I've seen folks lamenting the abandonment of the black decklid panel as if that's somehow real significant to the design lineage.

ammoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium, PP1, Manual, Magneride
I am a software engineer, so I love screens! I have the digital dash in my '19 GT and I love it.

However, my two functional gripes with the new dash are:

1. Glare - Having a dash that high up and forward without any hood, you are going to get glare on it. You can even see glare from various photos online. (attached is one of them)

2. Distance to driver - the closer the screen is to your head, the more you have to refocus your eyes to see it. And someone like me who doesn't have great vision close up, it gets even harder. That is why I was REALLY hoping they would add a HUD to it. Then speed and RPM could be see much easier without needing to refocus on a screen so close to my eyes.

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 2024-Mustang-Interior-04

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those are fair objections.

It took me a while to get used to some of the odd reflections on my 2020 digital display, in low light. I thought some odd artifacts were built into the screen that are actually just reflections of the housing.

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
I can't help but wonder about the amount of glare you're going to have in a convertible with the top down. šŸ˜

And all this just to follow some stupid modernistic fad. The S550 dash has a perfect glare free housing for the digital instrument cluster and could have easily be adapted to house a 2 inch larger media screen. Problem solved and all that new graphic UI software could still have been used. But no, we are Ford where we have no clue what our target group is and where we like to create problems for ourselves.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
You know that you come off as a total AH with this comment. You are entitled to your opinion but please do not try and speak for those of us who do not share it. By the way Mustang fan since 1964.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
We're likely all huge Mustang enthusiasts, otherwise we wouldn't be on a forum like this. And being passionate means we sweat the details of what makes a Mustang a Mustang.......to us. I get it, and as I've said before this is NOT how I'd have done the interior......especially as it appears even though these screens look generic, I believe they are bespoke to the Mustang, so they could have gone with a more "classic" approach and given us a mild update of what we already had. That's what I would have preferred.

However, it is what it is, no matter how disappointed we may be. Will Ford hear us? Probably. Will it change what we get in future facelifts (if we're lucky enough to get them)? Probably not.

Rather like the Mach E. I was mad at Ford for branding it a Mustang. But they did, and whether I liked it or not it WAS a Mustang because Ford said it was. Accepting that means my stress levels are no longer what they were.

:)

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
For me I have come around a lot more to the car both outside and inside. I didn't like the 18 refresh front end but bought it anyways and now I think it looks great! I tend to be slow to like things but I usually will after a bit of time. Oddly enough, if I like something right away I will often grow to dislike it. :shrugs

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
You know that you come off as a total AH with this comment. You are entitled to your opinion but please do not try and speak for those of us who do not share it. By the way Mustang fan since 1964.
If I am entitled to my opinion, like you said, then that shouldn't make me an AH. Only an AH calls someone an AH just because they have an opinion. There are a lot of comments that are more 'negative' on the dash than mine is in both forums. Personally, I believe the dash layout will be changed for the better and be more integrated in 2 years, by the 2026 arrivals IMO.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
If I am entitled to my opinion, like you said, then that shouldn't make me an AH. Only an AH calls someone an AH just because they have an opinion. There are a lot of comments that are more 'negative' on the dash than mine is in both forums. Personally, I believe the dash layout will be changed for the better and be more integrated in 2 years, by the 2026 arrivals IMO.
I would never say anything derogatory to someone for expressing their opinion. But where I take issue is when that opinion is projected onto others. By all means tell me your thoughts, Iā€™d love to hear them. That said, please do not assume that those of us who do not agree with your opinion somehow love our Mustangs and their history less than you.

Sorry TT, Iā€™ll leave it at this.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150