• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Not so.

That's as silly as saying that those who are insistent that this design somehow doesn't respect the "classic integrity & pedigree" are just pretending that all the previous Mustangs that didn't employ the exact same three or four design tropes were somehow "not real Mustangs."

That's probably not so, either.

It's one thing to have favorite features about particular generations of Mustangs. It's another to claim that only those particular models count.

I mean, I've seen folks lamenting the abandonment of the black decklid panel as if that's somehow real significant to the design lineage.
Everything you just said is nonsense and has zero to do with my previous opinion. Mustangs have had their own personality since '64 and having a dash board that shares its look with other cars is a step several rungs down, therefore; the integrity and pedigree gets muddied and out of focus.
Sponsored

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Damn. Ya'll really don't have anything else to talk about. 18 pages of the same shit over and over šŸ˜‚
there's this nifty "ignore thread" button at the top of the page, just sayin'.

This is the 'hate' thread. Just be happy we're not x-posting into the love-fest thread(s). :)

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
I like it, something fresh and who gives a sheit about how the interior looked 1973 and if this is true to that or not, wonder if the Ferrari folks are bitching(pardon my french) about the interiors in the newer models do not look like the 80s ditos

But ffs the door panels and the armrest/cup holders could have been updated

Thread can be closed now

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
cooing over eye-candy != sales.

Of course not. That wasn't the point.

Outrage on the web over some change or another != failure, either. And the point is, the outrage and negativity about this car is not even particularly widespread on the web.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Got an e-mail from Ford today revealing the 2024 Mustang. I thought this was an interesting disclaimer. Maybe, just maybe there is hope that this dash can be improved. Maybe there is a plan ā€œBā€.

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO CD204EA3-95F3-4020-9DF7-07CF2C5F9977

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Everything you just said is nonsense and has zero to do with my previous opinion. Mustangs have had their own personality since '64 and having a dash board that shares its look with other cars is a step several rungs down, therefore; the integrity and pedigree gets muddied and out of focus.
It does appear by the polls and comments that the largest portion of current and former owners I have ever seen agree with you. Hopefully it will be a learning experience for Ford and theyā€™ll put that dashboard back on the parts shelf and do a proper integration.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Got an e-mail from Ford today revealing the 2024 Mustang. I thought this was an interesting disclaimer. Maybe, just maybe there is hope that this dash can be improved. Maybe there is a plan ā€œBā€.

CD204EA3-95F3-4020-9DF7-07CF2C5F9977.jpeg

Plan B is they just give you dual 27" monitors, which is perfect for me since it'll match my work setup.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive

CD204EA3-95F3-4020-9DF7-07CF2C5F9977.jpeg
Yeah, the screen itself might change. The screen shown is preproduction but the design is not ;)
The final screen might look slimmer, has less bezel or another finish but that's about it.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Yeah, the screen itself might change. The screen shown is preproduction but the design is not ;)
The final screen might look slimmer, has less bezel or another finish but that's about it.
I was hoping for a thinner bezel on the gauge side - that shit is thick as J-Lo.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
While I do not think the two screens were really thought through and do not buy the best intentions from Ford going wrong either, I would like to point out another aspect of this trend.

It is not easy to source custom made panels (screens) for a regular appliances, nothing to say about an automotive application. There are only few companies who might be able to pull it off,
Apple is one of them, Porsche might be another. The former because they will buy hundreds of millions of them, the latter because they can afford to dissolve the cost. This is why every lesser brand is stuck with what is eventually available for a "general" automotive use.

Mustangs cannot meet Apple in volume, nor Porsche, or Ferrari in price. Considering what Ford advertises as a premium sound system in the current gen, I would expect that the screens are the cheapest ones they could get.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Bottom line is, that the general consensus from what I have read has left very few saying :
ā€œthatā€™s just friggin awesome, I want one !ā€

And even though most might accept it, including myself, Ford hasnā€™t left us mostly wowed and they should take cognisance of that.

And then they locked the ecu! Talk about a poke in the eye and then a kick in the balls.
But hey, we still get a lovely V8. For now.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Bottom line is, that the general consensus from what I have read has left very few saying :
ā€œthatā€™s just friggin awesome, I want one !ā€

And even though most might accept it, including myself, Ford hasnā€™t left us mostly wowed and they should take cognisance of that.

And then they locked the ecu! Talk about a poke in the eye and then a kick in the balls.
But hey, we still get a lovely V8. For now.
On the contrary. Most of what I've read is praise for the new design, both here and on social media.

Reactions: DRB

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
So I saw this the other day and I am confused. Is that optional? Those 2 seperated screens look weird and there is also an automated hand break instead of the manual. Could this be the Ecoboost?

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO stang 7 int.JPG

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
So I saw this the other day and I am confused. Is that optional? Those 2 seperated screens look weird and there is also an automated hand break instead of the manual. Could this be the Ecoboost?

stang 7 int.JPG
It was reported to be this base model but it turned out to be someoneā€™s design picture.
Sponsored