• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I think the dash looks great in the images I've seen online so far. Having said that, I remember test driving a 2015 Corvette and I felt like there were too many big, bright screens in my face.

It might depend a lot on the relative height and distance from the driver whether I will like it or not. Also, it's going to need to turn waaaay down in brightness for night and low light driving. Cars need to be dark inside so they don't spoil the driver's night vision.
The new car has a night mode. :like:
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
The Mustang is going thru a 'transition', like people do these days. It is transitioning from ICE to EV and that is what that digital dash 'thing' is all about. If Ford was going to wait until until 2040 and not 2030 to go EV, the 2024 would have a traditional dash similar to the 550 with maybe some 'upgrades' and some differences to go along with the exterior change.

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Infiniti Q60, Subaru BRZ
I'm a little mixed on it, on one hand I love the LCD screen that the S550 has and those nice toggle switches
S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 1663366081538

On the other hand, I like the fancy screens but I notice that there's no buttons to do anything, it looks like it's all done on the touch screen. (S650)
I hope when the sun touches it, it won't blind you.

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
There's no avoiding digital dash's these days but the execution could have been done better and keeping the mustang legacy and characteristics on the inside.

Maybe it's because their utilizing the existing chassis (after all, this new 7th gen Mustang, as fantastic looking as it is, is more of evolution then a revolution. It's not a whole new car as when it went from 5th to 6th gen. It feels more like a 6.5 gen) and they can't figure out how to redo the dash? I really like the current Layout, like in the Mach 1.

If they had made the new digital displays more integrated with the dash like a Porsche or Audio Q3 or Q7, that would have been nice.

But as mentioned before, looks more like a after thought. I have never been a fan of the digital dash that looks like a tablet glued to the dash like in Tesla and countless other vehicles now. It shouldn't stand out, it should flow.

The rest of the design is awesome. Going back to the chassis, I guess it's so good that they didn't feel the need to start completely fresh again, which is fine I think but by the time this generation ends, we will have been with this chassis for about what, maybe 16 to 18 years (currently we are at 9 right, from 2015 to 2023), that's if they do not completely change in the next 3 to 4 years and assuming we go another 6 to 8 years with this new gen.

Reactions: DRB

sleepy floy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M4 Competition, '74 Ford Bronco,
I bought a '22 M4. I was close to going GT350 but was too concerned about reliability...then almost went Mach 1, but I didn't want to buy one with the new model coming out so shortly after and I could always trade down (money-wise anyway) when the new one comes out. Anywho...the first pic is the dash on my '22M4 (not specifically mine) and the second is the pic on the '23 M3 that will also be on the '24 M4. I can't say I'm disappointed that I'm not getting the bigger dash...and i agree with those who say that Porsche has struck a nice balance with their latest getn dash layout.
S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 2023-bmw-m4-coupe-control-panel-carbuzz-1033635-900x600
S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 2023_bmw_3-series_fint_fe_51722542_1600

Last edited:

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Either the car industry only has one interior designer overall, or they all are must be very creative
mr-bean-copy.gif

1663325758833.png

1663325471501.png

1663325582205.png

1663325621635.png

1663325545826.png
They must all get them from the same supplier. Cost cutting at its finest.
I prefer the way the ultra expensive hyper cars have gone away from big screens, to stop the car from aging by the ever improving graphics and tech.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Most of the people who buy these are going to be driving them every day. Every day customers what Apple CarPlay and Apps. They always want the latest in technology/display/graphics.

sleepy floy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M4 Competition, '74 Ford Bronco,
I think this will all come around eventually...from "let's give 'em the biggest possible screen" to a more integrated version. I really like the layout on my M4, it's a nice balance between tech and info, but not crazy gaudy...and I like that there's still a hood on the dash. It's interesting to see how much effort (or lack of effort in most cases) each manufacturer has made. The new Bimmer is just a slab laid across the dash, the VW seems like they threw a hood over a slab (at least from this pic). The Stang at least looks "somewhat" integrated, but maybe just because it has round edges and isn't being photographed from the angle (front windshield) that really highlights how atrocious they all really are. Just imagine these as used cars 20 years down the road. Then again, I'm thrilled that Ford has a dash option coming showing my old fox body dash from high school lol.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Auto-86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 2017 Fusion Sport
Not sure if this is already known but I just learned that there are 2 different dashboard designs. I assume it will be the Base design (2 separate screens)and the Premium design. (1 long screen)

mustang-base-interior-is-the-ipads.jpg

2024-Ford-Mustang-00024.jpg
Make it STOP!!!!

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang GT
Where are these kids who can afford impractical $50k+ cars? Most of the millennials I know are too busy saving like Scrooge McDuck because the cost of everything from college to housing to transportation is becoming untenable for those who donā€™t already have accumulated wealth. The cars they drive are full of rust, have likely been in an accident, and are questionably safe. To put it plainly, they could less about cars.

PS - Iā€™m a stupid millennial who spent $46k on an impractical car. Probably because my second car was an ā€˜89 GT. There arenā€™t many of us though.
Do a search on youtube, you'll find them.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Every day customers what Apple CarPlay and Apps. They always want the latest in technology/display/graphics.
do they though? Maybe your description applies to strictly below 30yr of age. But the way interest rates and prices are heading does Ford even have that demographic available to them? Ignoring Silly-con Valley cohort?

Ok, so I'm 50yr old and 30 years in IT and I'm perfectly fine with the 4" screen. It doesn't intrude, it doesn't distract. I had the 8" on the eco and it's ONLY value was as a slave display ot Android Auto's google maps on the RARE occassion I used. it. No lie, the plastic sheet for shipping was still on the display 18 months later after purchase.

When I'm using the 4" equipped car the phone sits at arms length out of sight at the far right of the vent cluster and I just listen to the occassional voice prompts. If I need to examine the screen (running down some obscure 2-lane road in back country I've never been to) then it comes out of the holster when stopped.

The Audi has a nice, if dated GPS moving map (2012 tech) at the same height as the Mustang vents so it's a trivial glance off axis.

I'm not a hater of digital dash just because it's digital but I hate *THIS* implementation and all the others of it's ilk which are tablets wedged into a slot like a cockeyed 5" Floppy wedged into a CD player. And I despise gratuitous eye candy no matter the setting, car or otherwise.

Last edited: