• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Well, there are multiple online reviews with video inside and very close up, so I think we have a good perspective, of which I based my comments. We can only hope the actual production interior will have a few changes, but I would not expect much.
It seems that quite a few members have expressed comments that were not positive !
There are members that expressed their dislike with the ”Apple” dashboard but not really about the quality. Checkout Raiti’s and Doug DeMuro’s videos. Both of them had positive things to say. Actually looking at the interiors on these videos I have to say it’s growing on me. Those tablets do not look as large as they do in the pictures.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I invite you to go look a photo of the full size Bronco steering wheel, then the S650, then your Ford GT and see which is the closer inspiration. Again, I am not the only one to make a similar comment !
And you are 100% right. My bad for not seeing that. In the videos the Mustang wheel looks good but I hope they improve the look of the airbag cover. It’s just too plain. Maybe some stitching or something

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 1663448548815

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2 Kona Blue 2015 Focus Titanium
It will be interesting to see how restrictive the screen is out of park. As it is, most states have cell phone laws requiring hands free usage. IMO, these screens will become the next target of state law enforcement. I see them as rather dangerous, regardless of how entertaining they are.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
There are members that expressed their dislike with the ”Apple” dashboard but not really about the quality. Checkout Raiti’s and Doug DeMuro’s videos. Both of them had positive things to say. Actually looking at the interiors on these videos I have to say it’s growing on me. Those tablets do not look as large as they do in the pictures.
I saw DeMuro's video (after his advertisement) and it still looks like an egregious mistake on Ford's part. I actually like the exterior more than I did when I first saw it, but my view of that dash has not changed one iota. I wish they had an option for a more 'traditional' dash, then this car would be one to reckon with, even though I would still keep my s550 simply because I like better.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Modernizing the interior to make it more driver focused, with higher quality materials, while taping into 80s nostalgia with the fox body influence.
Oh, so that's what's going on here. Another generational gap thing.

This is the interior I've been nostalgic for: (Though I do like a center console).

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 1663472659073

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
Either the car industry only has one interior designer overall, or they all are must be very creative
mr-bean-copy.gif

1663325758833.png

1663325471501.png

1663325582205.png

1663325621635.png

1663325545826.png
That’s the problem with market competition analysis. Engineering looks at the requirements coming from Marketing and say No F$&@*** Way. It gets escalated and it gets overruled. Every time.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Found these in a FB group

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg
What’s interesting is that is way way that many folks are perceiving the way the new screens look. Actually they are not that bad. That said, I’ll wait until I’m sitting in front of them before making any final judgements.

From Riati’s YT intro video.

S650 Mustang The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO 389CB1F9-38ED-48D5-BE9B-521CF5B807CC

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
What’s interesting is that is way way that many folks are perceiving the way the new screens look. Actually they are not that bad. That said, I’ll wait until I’m sitting in front of them before making any final judgements.

389CB1F9-38ED-48D5-BE9B-521CF5B807CC.jpeg
I noticed (in the driver's photo) the steering wheel looks like it was tilted near the up position. The top of my Mustang steering wheel is level with the top of the dash. His is at least an inch and half higher than the display. Being a tall guy, I would have problem reading the display through the top of the steering wheel plus my arms would be so tired in the position his arms are in.

Last edited:

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
He's referring to the fact that millenial YouTubers are making tons of money. Doesn't mean they're enlightning, but they are making enough money to buy super cars. Example: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheStradman/featured
Most of the millennials (I know) are still receiving financial support from their parents and are still driving the same old car their parents gave them.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS

389CB1F9-38ED-48D5-BE9B-521CF5B807CC.jpeg
Agree! Everyone is focusing on the look of the panel. With a digital dash, the content is what counts, and the tablet format itself tends to vanish into the background when you are driving and you are focusing on the information being relayed. You really won't be able to judge how effective this dash is without sitting behind the wheel.

I do think that the two screen version purported to be the base model trim looks a bit unfinished, but the I am OK with the single curved look screen. Ultimately, it will all depend on how the screen space is used.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I noticed (in the driver's photo) the steering wheel looks like it was tilted near the up position. The top of my Mustang steering wheel is level with the top of the dash. His is at least an inch and half higher than the display. Being a tall guy, I would have problem reading the display through the top of the steering wheel plus my arms would be so tired in the position his arms are in.
Agree that steering wheel vs dash position can be a problem. But that really is more a function of the seat, steering wheel, dash and foot pedal arrangement. I have run into this on several cars including ones with analog gauges.

My E85 Z4 (with all analog gauges) was the worst of the worst for this, at least for my particular build. The steering wheel offset to a bit to the seat center, and the seat so low to the floor that I had to have it pushed back to the stops for me to operate the pedals comfortably, which caused me to pull the wheel back into a position that ended up right in the middle of my line of sight to the gauges.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Most of the millennials (I know) are still receiving financial support from their parents and are still driving the same old car their parents gave them.
Must be your social bubble. Generation Y has a huge span, 1981 - 1996. I would like to see 40 year olds that are still fed by their parents, lol. Even most of 1996 millenials ended university by now. Of course it takes many years of work to be able to buy (new) car like Dark Horse, instead of dealing with own home, marriage, kids and other lot more important things than a car. But with S650 being here for next decade, millenials will definitely be a target.

I'm 36, so millenial, and on my own for more than a decade which allowed me to build a house with mortgage and pay for Mach 1 with my own money. I bought used Mini Cooper S when I was still in college (2010), never got a car from parents. I was lucky but also worked hard.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Oh, so that's what's going on here. Another generational gap thing.

This is the interior I've been nostalgic for: (Though I do like a center console).

1663472659073.png
Maybe I am a minority for my generation, but I do not miss those old 60's style dashboards in the least. Especially those flat speedometers that bunched up the numbers in the middle, or those giant skinny steering wheels. I love the exterior lines of the 60's Mustangs, but I'll take a modern dash/interior any day.
Sponsored