• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The Dash cam thread

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Anyone else have this model installed? I have it in my cart…..
Yes, I have had the A139Pro installed and powered by the mirror USB port for a few weeks. It works well and I have not had any issues.

To install the rear camera I ran a fiberglass electricians fish tape from the front to the rear between the headliner and roof. Much easier than removing the interior trim like I did in my S550.
Sponsored

Last edited:

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Yes, I have had the A139Pro installed and powered by the mirror USB port for a few weeks. It works well and I have not had any issues.

To install the rear camera I ran a flexible electricians fish tape from the front to the rear between the headliner and roof. Much easier than removing the interior trim like I did in my S550.
That's an interesting idea. I just ran around the outside of the headliner between it and the roof so you can't see anything, which was easy (didn't remove anything). But, I like the idea of going straight through from front to back...

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Got newest Viofo 229 or whatever today. Came with Large front camera, rear cam, and memory card. 2 really long cords USBC (both ends). One smaller USB A to C cord, and cigarette plug. Judging by the manual the A to C cord is for charging not recording but I'm curious if it'll work since our rear mirrors have a USB A port not C I'll have to find an alternative cord bc I don't feel like hard wiring or running the long cords through the car

Pointing to location of USB A port and other Pic is pretty much the only mounting spot that just barely sticks below the mirror for My field of view. I'm also 6'4" so my field is a little higher lol

20231007_150526.jpg

20231007_150412.jpg
I have the same camera. I put it on the plastic part behind the mirror. Just to the left in your pic. The lense hangs down just below the plastic. I works fine for me. I agree there is just not a good spot with all that crap going on up there.

I can post a pic if you want

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Ah nice I didn't think to attach it to the plastic. Nice call

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
That's an interesting idea. I just ran around the outside of the headliner between it and the roof so you can't see anything, which was easy (didn't remove anything). But, I like the idea of going straight through from front to back...
I didn’t want to interfere with the side curtain airbags. On my S550 I was very careful to route the wire behind the airbags which was a pain. This way I avoided the situation entirely.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
I can take better pics if you want. Just make sure it's to the right far enough so the mirror doesn't hit it and down far enough to unplug. The mirror will hit something else up there before it hits the camera.

I ran both wires where the shaft for the mirror goes in. Along the top of the windshield tucked behind head liner. Ran all the way down between glass and A pillar to the bottom of the windshield to avoid air bags. Tucked it between the dash and side. Take the glove compartment door off and pop off the panel on the side with the hole in it for the vent. Tuck it the cracks and work it into there. The rear cam was really easy. From the fuse box area run it down and tuck it between the carpet and the plastic. I ran it to the upper part of the rear seat belt and made the jump over to the glass. You only see about an inch of the wire. Other than than the wire is totally hidden.

I used unused fuse #3 for battery and unused fuse #36 for accessory and it's pretty obvious where to put the ground.

It's really a pain in the ass to get to the fuse box. Hurts the ribs trying to contort yourself in there. I forgot to put the seat all the way back at one point and got stuck and couldn't move. I almost had to yell for the wife. But I wiggled myself out. And I'm not a big guy. Lol.

Camera works great

S650 Mustang The Dash cam thread 20231011_065019

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can take better pics if you want...
It's safe to assume the answer is an automatic YES!
Everybody watching this thread that follows will want to see as many [good] install pictures as possible and learn from what others have done.

Some profile shots of the mounting is always welcome.

Are the buttons & screen easily accessed/seen?

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From Vortex Radar, one of the best dash cam Youtubers.

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SEMA 2023: Anticipated Products & Reveals

Video cued at 1:53

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Can someone take pic of thier fuse box setup for me 🙂

I have the A119 Mini 2 running to USB at the moment, but have the hardwire kit ready as well. I'm just not confident on which direction to install the fuse taps. Also how the hell did you reach a grounding point lol

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
I put mine away for the winter so I can't take a pick.

I used the fuses in my above post. Hot side was toward the front of the car. Ground was above the fuse box. It was a bitch to get at and you have to contort yourself in there to get at it.

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The DR970X Box Plus looks interesting.

S650 Mustang The Dash cam thread Capture.JPG

Recording, and therefore the media card, is not in the camera housing, but in a separate box.
This is a great idea - place the box in the glovebox etc and out of of direct sunlight, which will avoid any over heating issues.
Sponsored