• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The Dash cam thread

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I went with the Vantrue N4 Pro w/ 512gb card to get the Starvis 2 chip, 3 camera setup, rear screen and voice controls. Was $300 on Amazon's Prime Days and still is with a coupon. (SD-card was extra, but I didn't get their brand card, as I'm sure it's made by someone else anyway.)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Yeah, I'm a bit suspicious about the $100 price point with this one, when other single dash cams are more expensive.
We all know, you get what you pay for.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I'm a bit suspicious about the $100 price point with this one, when other single dash cams are more expensive.
We all know, you get what you pay for.
Nevermind they have a bunch of requirements to get that price, which seems likely some will miss... I wouldn't trust it a bit right now.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
A139 pro is usb c powered, I believe most of them are now in days but you’d have to double check
This still requires the 12V outlet to be powered. I'm looking for a camera than can be powered by USB-C only as the Premium's will have USB-C ports near the rear view mirror.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
This still requires the 12V outlet to be powered. I'm looking for a camera than can be powered by USB-C only as the Premium's will have USB-C ports near the rear view mirror.
It does not I opened mine the other day for testing and was able to power it using the basic iPhone 5W brick with the included usb c to usb cable sure the usb c port will have at least as much juice as the basic iPhone brick just need a usb c to c cable.

I bought this for the same reason as well and if it turns out that this won’t worth with that port I’ll be pretty upset but I don’t see why it wouldn’t

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another week, and another Starvis 2 based dash cam coming to market.

The Vantrue Nexus 5 (N5) which uses the same sensor as the Viofo A119 Mini 2.

S650 Mustang The Dash cam thread Dash-Cams

It's a 4-channel system, but the main front facing camera is only 1944p. :lipssealed:
Recording inside the cabin is probably useful for an Uber driver?

S650 Mustang The Dash cam thread N5

https://www.vantrue.com/products/nexus-5

Who's Ubering their Mustang?
Didn't think so.

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Published yesterday.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That 70mai deal looks pretty appealing. They advertise a lot for the money. I'm already in with VanTrue N4 Pro, and think I trust them more, but it cost 3 times the price.

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Although I'm suspicious of the 70mai (it's cheap price point), but these random freezes I've taken from posted video have surprised me.

Look at the plate of the vehicle closest in front.

S650 Mustang The Dash cam thread Viofo.JPG

S650 Mustang The Dash cam thread 70mai.JPG

Freezing at other random points in these [two separate] videos, I'm seeing less motion blur with the 70mai.

Looking forward to some proper comprehensive comparisons by the established dash cam reviewers.

Irrespective, any model with a Starvis 2 sensor will be much better than any older dash cam.

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI...

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
I bought this one from Amazon. Rated very high and not expensive:

Limited-time deal: REDTIGER Dash Cam Front Rear, 4K/2.5K Full HD Dash Camera for Cars, Free 32GB SD Card, Built-in Wi-Fi GPS, 3.18” IPS Screen, Night Vision, 170°Wide Angle, WDR, 24H Parking Mode https://a.co/d/dAbGKCZ

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I bought this one from Amazon. Rated very high and not expensive:

Limited-time deal: REDTIGER Dash Cam Front Rear, 4K/2.5K Full HD Dash Camera for Cars, Free 32GB SD Card, Built-in Wi-Fi GPS, 3.18” IPS Screen, Night Vision, 170°Wide Angle, WDR, 24H Parking Mode https://a.co/d/dAbGKCZ
No Starvis 2 = no buy

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Freezing at other random points in these [two separate] videos, I'm seeing less motion blur with the 70mai.
I'm not seeing less there than with other Starvis 2 cameras. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Irrespective, any model with a Starvis 2 sensor will be much better than any older dash cam.
In my experience, the sensor makes a difference, but there's far more to image quality. Like so many things in life, the best equipment doesn't make the best performance, and the best performers can virtually always out perform their competition even when using inferior equipment.

No Starvis 2 = no buy
I agree with this. And then only the system that does the best job with that sensor, within the same cost range.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
some good info in here, i definitely need to do a lot of personal research but from what ive seen here and in many videos online it really seems like the Viofo line with the STARVIS II sensor is the overall best with the thinkware a close second.

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
some good info in here, i definitely need to do a lot of personal research but from what ive seen here and in many videos online it really seems like the Viofo line with the STARVIS II sensor is the overall best with the thinkware a close second.
Other brands than Viofo seem to have better parking modes, but it depends on your requirements.
If you daily it, parking modes become more important.
If it's a second fun car being garaged mostly (as mine will be), I'm concentrating on image quality.

I'm eagerly awaiting the Viofo A229 Pro, which is supposed to have Starvis 2 sensors in both front and rear cameras in 2-Ch guise. That's a game changer. If it's true then expect an IMX678 in front camera (as per A139 Pro) and an IMX675 (as per A119 Mini2) for the rear camera.

ETA is supposedly due later this year. Can't wait.
Sponsored