• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The Dash cam thread

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Found it!

Screenshot_20230425_213141_Chrome.jpg
Pardon me if this sounds stupid but I have spent far to many years reading IBM and other manuals looking for the bit of information I needed to make my software work correctly. It appears the USB port come with the premium package. It's not really spelled out that it doesn't come with the premium dark horse model as they only mentions dark horse. I hope it will be on my dark horse because over the years I have had so many close calls from people cutting in front of me. Fortunately I was awake and the mustang braking prevented me from needing expensive body work. It would be nice to get pictures of the one that finally gets me. I have been nailed multiple times from the rear but normally there isn't much to debate when that happens.
Sponsored

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Vifio has two dash cams with Starvis 2 sensor the a139 pro which was the first and they have a new one the a119 mini 2 with prime day coming up I wanted to see what you would get and if the a139pro is worth double the price of the mini

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Vifio has two dash cams with Starvis 2 sensor the a139 pro which was the first and they have a new one the a119 mini 2 with prime day coming up I wanted to see what you would get and if the a139pro is worth double the price of the mini
That's a good find.
So new, Viofo haven't yet provided the ability to download the manual.
Bear in mind it's only 2K, so if you need to zoom up the vision for any detail (license plate etc) it won't be as sharp as 4K.

I've knocked up this graphic:

S650 Mustang The Dash cam thread Dash-Cams

I'm not sure why manufacturers aren't offering rear cameras using a Starvis 2 sensor.

Having both front and rear dash cams using a Starvis 2 sensor seems logical.
You'd be using the IMX678 in the front camera, and the IMX675 for the rear camera.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
That's a good find.
So new, Viofo haven't yet provided the ability to download the manual.
Bear in mind it's only 2K, so if you need to zoom up the vision for any detail (license plate etc) it won't be as sharp as 4K.

I've knocked up this graphic:

Dash-Cams.png

I'm not sure why manufacturers aren't offering rear cameras using a Starvis 2 sensor.

Having both front and rear dash cams using a Starvis 2 sensor seems logical.
You'd be using the IMX678 in the front camera, and the IMX675 for the rear camera.
Yea i get that so what do you think its $120 vs $230 with the current discounts on amazon and looks like the voice commands are only for the mini which isnt a huge deal but is a plus

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea i get that so what do you think its $120 vs $230 with the current discounts on amazon and looks like the voice commands are only for the mini which isnt a huge deal but is a plus
I look at it this way... a $110 difference is a drop in the ocean compared to the cost of the vehicle you are trying to look after, right?

At the end of the day, if you cannot get the detail out of the image, then the dash cam was useless from the beginning.
It's the same as insurance policies... the real test is when you need to make a claim.

It's all relative.
If you're fitting a dash cam to $1,000 shit heap, then every dollar matters, I guess.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
I look at it this way... a $110 difference is a drop in the ocean compared to the cost of the vehicle you are trying to look after, right?

At the end of the day, if you cannot get the detail out of the image, then the dash cam was useless from the beginning.
It's the same as insurance policies... the real test is when you need to make a claim.

It's all relative.
If you're fitting a dash cam to $1,000 shit heap, then every dollar matters, I guess.
Good point

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Although they're both only 2K, this video comparing the new Viofo A119 Mini 2 vs older A119 V3 demonstrates the benefits of the new generation Starvis 2 sensors.

FYI...

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
I went ahead and purchased the A139 Pro and will see how it goes hopefully its a worthwhile investment.

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went ahead and purchased the A139 Pro and will see how it goes hopefully its a worthwhile investment.
Put it this way, it's one of the best available right now.
Please post us some thoughts and samples once you've had time to play with it.

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
Put it this way, it's one of the best available right now.
Please post us some thoughts and samples once you've had time to play with it.
I went with the A139 Pro 2 channel. On sale for Prime day BTW

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
What's the best USB-C powered dashcam? I'd rather plug it into the available USB-C port near the rear view mirror instead of running a cable to the 12V.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
What's the best USB-C powered dashcam? I'd rather plug it into the available USB-C port near the rear view mirror instead of running a cable to the 12V.
A139 pro is usb c powered, I believe most of them are now in days but you’d have to double check

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another new dash cam using a Starvis 2 sensor.

S650 Mustang The Dash cam thread Capture.JPG

Same sensor as the Viofo A139 Pro, Thinkware U3000 and Vantue N4 Pro.

S650 Mustang The Dash cam thread Dash-Cams

https://70mai.store/products/dash-cam-a810

Looking forward to some decent review videos between them.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Another new dash cam using a Starvis 2 sensor.

Capture.JPG

Same sensor as the Viofo A139 Pro, Thinkware U3000 and Vantue N4 Pro.

Dash-Cams.png

https://70mai.store/products/dash-cam-a810

Looking forward to some decent review videos between them.
Thanks for all the updates so far 👍 not buying one until the car is here to see who's the best now that more and more are coming out. Still leaning towards the Viofo.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT