• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The Dark Horse's Pirelli P-Zero Trofeo RS tires look to be the first of their kind

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Well that’s good to know
Pirelli's numbers are nonsense. I have the PZ4C tires Ford put on the EB/PP with 80. They wear like the 300 series PS4S. Even cold Cup2 (50F) grab and throw vastly more sand/particles than these "not remotely gumball" Pirelli's do at 90F.
Sponsored

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
This is a similar pull to what the Camaro SS 1le did with the Good Year super car 3 tires. Track focused tires that you can daily. I don't care about tread wear since I'll track it but those tires I went through sets about ever 5-7k miles. Maybe 3 sets a year. I think this is good for the DH.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
For reference my pirelli tires on my 2015 Mustang GT only last about 2,000 miles. They sucked. I also NEVER burned rubber either (peeling out, linelock, etc)

100 tread wear rating?? Isn't that only like 10k miles?

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
For reference my pirelli tires on my 2015 Mustang GT only last about 2,000 miles. They sucked. I also NEVER burned rubber either (peeling out, linelock, etc)
That is 1000% outside of normal. We’re your wheels toed in 90°?

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
My Pirellis have over 16K miles on them and they still cover part of George Washington's head.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
They were the stock Wheels. When I took them in to get swapped over the tire guys were in shock how bad they were after only 2 months.

That is 1000% outside of normal. We’re your wheels toed in 90°?

KAlexander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 CCLB Plat, 2018 GT350, 20 ZX6R, 20 ZX10R
They were the stock Wheels. When I took them in to get swapped over the tire guys were in shock how bad they were after only 2 months.
That's wild. I got a solid 14k out of mine and driving like a dickhead. Did the tire dudes say what's wrong? Uneven wear?

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
That's kind of a broad statement. What is wrong with them besides wearing out about 30k miles?
I'm kinda on par with pirelli tires being not so great either. When they get warm on track they get slippery. When their tread gets low they get un predictable. If all you do is drive to grandmas house on the weekend you may never realize it but they aren't good performance tires.

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
That's kind of a broad statement. What is wrong with them besides wearing out about 30k miles?
I'm kinda on par with pirelli tires being not so great either. When they get warm on track they get slippery. When their tread gets low they get un predictable. If all you do is drive to grandmas house on the weekend you may never realize it but they aren't good performance tires.

This right here. They are greasy tires when they are warm. Over hyped oil slick tires.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
But most folks don't drive their daily driver (which my Mustang is) on the track either. Pirellis P-Zero All Seasons are very quiet and durable tires. The traction on curves is good. Of course, my mechanic hates Pirellis and says Falken tires are better tires than Pirellis. But everyone has their own opinion.

Last edited:

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
The Trofeo Rs do fairly well in comparison tests, I'll give the RS a chance. I'll probably replace them with sport 4s tires when they wear out.

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Hated the breakaway characteristics of my P Zero summers on my 15 but that is indeed an old, uncompetitive tire and has been for years now

I don’t have a valid take on their latest lineup

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
There's plenty of better choices. Pirelli became a marketing name a long time ago
But most folks don't drive their daily driver (which my Mustang is) on the track either. Pirellis are very quiet and durable tires. The traction on curves is good. Of course, my mechanic hates Pirellis and says Falken tires are better tires than Pirellis. But everyone has their own opinion.
that was kinda my point. They aren't performance tires. Wait till they get low and you throw it in a hard turn in an off ramp and you become a "mustang driver". For the money there is just too much better tires that have much better characteristics.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
The Trofeo Rs do fairly well in comparison tests, I'll give the RS a chance. I'll probably replace them with sport 4s tires when they wear out.
i'll probably be putting 4S tires on as soon as i get it and selling the RS tires
my dislike for Pirelli is only passed by Ferrari
Sponsored