• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Well the DH is a prepackaged track car, for those who want the top optioned Mustang in the initial release phase, without having to go through extensive mods aftermarket. We know there will be better variants to come, but those will cost more and have a wait time, those latter realities may be what attracts customers to the DH. For those with "toys" as cars, the depreciation or investment potential is likely moot.
Sponsored

MontegoRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM Power Wagon
I'm getting my "toy" DH to go alongside my "toy" Power Wagon. Would a RAM 1500 have done? Maybe. RAM 2500? Probably. But I wanted the PW with the different suspension, winch, etc. Plus... Power Wagon sounds cooler than 2500.

My biggest issue (other than actually getting a scheduled build) is if I'm going to keep the Blue Ember with basically all options stock, or if I'm going forced induction or at least a mild exhaust/intake approach.

I'm in my 40s. I don't buy cars for the 'strip or to track them all the time. I buy a "toy" to enjoy on the twisty, rural roads around me, just as I bought the truck to winch around trees and stuck vehicles on said roads (and yes, I use it like a truck). I also plan to hit some cars and coffee events in an area where I can't imagine seeing too many DH parked in the lot.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Wellā€¦ Iā€™m over in America and I did by mine to race!
Canā€™t wait!
12.5 out of the M6 cars should make for 11.7 ish with the A10 cars on a tire. Right on track.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Dark Horse is just a "wanna have" gadget for people. I think many people want it just because it's more limited and keeps it's value. All those performance upgrades that it has will only be noticable when on race track I guess. A drag strip is identical for both.

I don't buy a car to keep the value. A car is a bad investment. I buy the car with the same idea of buying a TV.
Enjoying that thing until I want to get rid of it. Every penny that t I can sell it for is just nice to have some money back.
And the DH is probably one of the worst investment cars to buy. Itā€™s a pale imitation of the Mach 1. At least the M1 has better looks, and a better performance platform with an iconic name. The GT350 has the Voodoo with an iconic name as well (for better or for worse).

I guess the Dark Horse has Unreal Engine graphics, entertainment for traffic light stops.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Those are some pretty dang sandbagged numbers.

these guys arenā€™t pushing the Mustang just going through the paces it appears.

not new though. Gotta wonder where the lack of enthusiasm comes from.
C&D is unabashedly transparent about how they will do anything and everything to get the best performance numbers, including slipping the life out of clutches for optimal launches

Not to shut any hopes down, but C&D will typically post the most ideal-scenario numbers possible

So what we see here is best case short of a sticky drag strip

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
I really hope C&D have both cars (GT and DH) at the next Lightning Lap to really see what the extra cash gets the buyer.

Looking at things with money in mind, a base DH without the Handling Pack is a hard sell at nearly $8k (Cdn) over a loaded-to-the-gills GT, IMHO. Which is a damn shame, really...

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
I donā€™t see it keeping its money anymore than the GTā€™S
Agree... unfortunately if you follow the prices of the Mach 1s... they are seeing depreciation similar to the GT. I anticipate that the Dark Horse will follow a similar pattern.

I am seeing handling pack Mach 1s in the 50s by me.

In order to really maintain value the Dark Horse needed a bespoke motor such as the 350 or 500.

350Rs and 500 cftp cars with low mileage are still north of 90k with many over 100k.

Given I'm at almost 15k miles on mine... I've ruined any idea that my car could be an investment.

The memories to me are worth more then the cash if I never drove it...

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Wellā€¦ Iā€™m over in America and I did by mine to race!
Canā€™t wait!
12.5 out of the M6 cars should make for 11.7 ish with the A10 cars on a tire. Right on track.
I'm guessing 11.9... similar to what the s550 a10 ran... I would agree 11.7 might be possible if not for the extra weight

Rate_of_Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO, 22 Triumph Speed Twin
Dark Horse is just a "wanna have" gadget for people. I think many people want it just because it's more limited and keeps it's value. All those performance upgrades that it has will only be noticable when on race track I guess. A drag strip is identical for both.
To say it, I think the DH might be a very expensive marginal upgrade over a Mach 1. With that said, itā€™s seems a lot of people here just look at HP numbers and laugh at DH. Ford advertises it as a track ready car, so yes that is where one would expect to notice the difference. Tire width, cooling, aero, and a far superior manual transmission are exactly what matters not the HP number.

Will be interesting to see Lightning Lap info when it comes outā€¦ My guess is it will be pretty underwhelming for both the GT and the DH in relation to the previous generation when taking into account price increases

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Rate_of_Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO, 22 Triumph Speed Twin
Out of curiosity, how collectable are factory unique trims?
Anything is ā€œcollectibleā€ you can collect used chewing gumā€¦

There are few US made cars that are actually worthy ā€œ investmentsā€ There is cars that have a flatter depreciation curve. There are US made cars that have high initial demand causing flipper culture to call them investments (and make significant money while doing so) But none of these are really investments. They are commodities that will depreciate and end up recycled someday.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon

I don't buy a car to keep the value. A car is a bad investment. I buy the car with the same idea of buying a TV.
Enjoying that thing until I want to get rid of it. Every penny that t I can sell it for is just nice to have some money back.
I donā€™t honestly feel like they will keep their value anymore than a GT TBH

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Anything is ā€œcollectibleā€ you can collect used chewing gumā€¦

There are few US made cars that are actually worthy ā€œ investmentsā€ There is cars that have a flatter depreciation curve. There are US made cars that have high initial demand causing flipper culture to call them investments (and make significant money while doing so) But none of these are really investments. They are commodities that will depreciate and end up recycled someday.
Out of curiosity, how collectable are factory unique trims?
The thing is, if you have a 2024 DH and you sell it with 85,000 miles on it and a 2024 GT with 20,000 miles on it, and the DH has had one owner, a young person driving it other is one owner and old couple driving it. My guess is the GT will probably get more money.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
The thing is, if you have a 2024 DH and you sell it with 85,000 miles on it and a 2024 GT with 20,000 miles on it, and the DH has had one owner, a young person driving it other is one owner and old couple driving it. My guess is the GT will probably get more money.
If you want top dollar it only does as much as is required to produce ā€˜authenticā€™ time slips.

Anything used is ā€¦..well, used. Only items that make a used object special is either the prior owner (you own whoā€™s what???) or a proven performance oriented heritage.
Sponsored