• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sub upgrade questions

SM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premiuim PP
So, I am a musician, so naturally the bass in the B&O system is a little off putting. I am not looking for competition grade bass by any means, just a tight, controlled musical bass. I want to actually feel the kick drum a little and feel a bass line. I saw alot of folks have swapped out the stock sub for a Pioneer model. So here's my questions. As I dont really care if it appears stock or not, I just dont want the hassle of running all the wiring for a separate amp, could I just get a decent 10 inch sub, like a JL, Kicker, Focal or something, dual 4 ohm voice coil, slap it in to a real enclosure and drive it from the factory sub wiring? Would a pair of 10's with single voice coils work as well ?
Sponsored

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So, I am a musician, so naturally the bass in the B&O system is a little off putting. I am not looking for competition grade bass by any means, just a tight, controlled musical bass. I want to actually feel the kick drum a little and feel a bass line. I saw alot of folks have swapped out the stock sub for a Pioneer model. So here's my questions. As I dont really care if it appears stock or not, I just dont want the hassle of running all the wiring for a separate amp, could I just get a decent 10 inch sub, like a JL, Kicker, Focal or something, dual 4 ohm voice coil, slap it in to a real enclosure and drive it from the factory sub wiring? Would a pair of 10's with single voice coils work as well ?
@Gregs24 seems to have responded the most to this topic. Hopefully he can answer your questions. I did the pioneer swap and couldn't be happier with the cheap upgrade.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I can attest doing the sub swap in the link provided is definitely an improvement over the stock sub. I wanted more bass though so I added an amp also and I am very happy with it now.

OP
OP

SM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premiuim PP
Well I’m curious if I could just disconnect the factory sub, drop a decent one in a separate enclosure and just run the wiring from the stock one to the new enclosure and get a little better result.

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Well I’m curious if I could just disconnect the factory sub, drop a decent one in a separate enclosure and just run the wiring from the stock one to the new enclosure and get a little better result.
Guess it's worth a shot if you don't mind taking up more trunk space. Your money, your decision 😁