• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Start/Stop

A10devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Good Lord guys, what’s with all this techno-flexing? Who GAF?

Why isn’t it enough to just say “I don’t like it and wish it weren’t on there”? Or, “I don’t care and wish I had two!”

No need to defend preferences, unless you just get off on public contention. It’s always a losing battle.
This guy does more than get off on public contention. He'd sit to pee if his government decreed it, and lambast others for not following suit.
Sponsored

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
I'm not getting worked up. The existence and presence of S/S is not a problem for me, indeed it is a benefit. There are plenty of 'people' who do like it / don't mind.
There are people who don't mind, and that's totally fine. People can have differing views. I'm not the one trying to change people's minds here like you are. But for me, there's no benefit and I don't like it, and it's not on my 2024 mustang.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It is NOT dangerous!

It works when it is designed too (not inconsistently) based on many factors including state of charge, temperature, engine temperature.

S/S has NO impact on alternators and S/S cars are fitted with uprated batteries (a good thing for the consumer) and starters designed to be used more than non S/S cars (designed differently and use other inputs to make the restart quick). Failure rates are not increased, in fact starter motor failures are lower on S/S cars because of their design - come on this data is out there.

Why a Start Stop Starter Motor Doesn't Wear Out Like People Think — Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice | Automotive Repair Tips and How-To

Modern versions are MHEV and use an ISG which is better for reliability and uses less parts.

I HAVE 'turned a wrench' HAHA and other more sophisticated tools and I do see the benefits / have driven many cars with S/S. I will agree that some implementations are better than others, but all of the Ford cars I have driven with S/S work seamlessly.

Facts is it does not work all the time as designed! As stated that a delayed shutdown right before you lift off the brake to go is in fact a dangerous situation.

Another fact is there is an increase in wear on parts. This is common sense! Yes parts and ADDITIONAL parts are beefed up but still fail cause of wear.

On other vehicles like the Jeep there is a separate battery that controls the "ASS" and it fails often....this also supports the FACT that "ASS" does add parts to the system and they do fail! This also supports that the "ASS" effects the alternator also. This is from personal experience.

While I have had lots of cars with the "ASS" Ford has been the most inconsistant, and Jeep being the most problematic.

Last edited:

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Quick question... Does this Start/Stop feature show up as an item on the Window Sticker?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I wish this thread had an auto stop!
And hence the issue. Even those for the function are tired of hearing the outcry against the function. IMO: if I gotta hear how great it is you gotta hear how those that actually experience it feel.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
My GT was built 12/8/23 and I took delivery 12/30/23 and it does not have auto start-stop.
So if your GT was built on 12/8/23 it should be part of Job 2 for the MY24 Mustang I believe. Glad to hear that it doesn't have auto stop start.

The issue I'm curious about is if Ford is doing anything about the holes in the front wheel wheels for Job 2 Mustangs? Probably not but anyway you can check your car and let us know what you find? Here's a link to what I'm talking about:

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/front-inner-wheel-well-issues.158833/

There is a video in the first post of the above thread where you can see what I am talking about.

4ksk416

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
I am in California and am seeing cars with blend dates of early December 2023 arriving to dealers soon. Has anyone seen any job 2 cars without auto start/stop?

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT with PP and AE
I'll look at the wheel well for the hole.

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They changed the hole, mine doesn't look anything like the hole in the linked video. It is smaller and offset.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
They changed the hole, mine doesn't look anything like the hole in the linked video. It is smaller and offset.
Can you post a picture of it?

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried to take a picture but was unable to get one that showed the hole, There is very little distance from the tire to the hole and I couldn't get a shot that showed it. The guy in the video had the car up on a lift which is what is needed to get a picture.
Sponsored