• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
I can hear them now "Yes, the Ford Performance parts that Ford gave us do indeed work.... Amazing.... Okay back in the trailer."

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I can be on board with this. An S650 GT350/R with a reliable engine this time around? Tweak the exterior design with a Shelby touch, and I might just place an order.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Umm the generation 2 Voodoo is reliable... there are some 350s in the 350 forum with over 70k miles on them. The early gen 1s had some problems with burning oil and the oil filters coming loose if not torqued properly.. so if you didn't check your oil every tank of gas ... yes people had issues. But the gen 2 is a proven motor.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Damn, I was excited that it was a Shelby variant being tested by Ford and not the lads in Vegas. Don't get me wrong, what they do is cool, but the Shelby corp based in Vegas is basically just a tuning shop at this point, nothing too exciting imo.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yes, this is Shelby American, not Ford Performance so expect a slightly breathed on N/A Shelby GT and a supercharged Super Snake. All based on the Gen 4 5.0

But, I buy into the Shelby history, so I'm excited to see what they come up with.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Umm the generation 2 Voodoo is reliable... there are some 350s in the 350 forum with over 70k miles on them. The early gen 1s had some problems with burning oil and the oil filters coming loose if not torqued properly.. so if you didn't check your oil every tank of gas ... yes people had issues. But the gen 2 is a proven motor.
My Gen 2 got lemoned šŸ§

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Yes, this is Shelby American, not Ford Performance so expect a slightly breathed on N/A Shelby GT and a supercharged Super Snake. All based on the Gen 4 5.0

But, I buy into the Shelby history, so I'm excited to see what they come up with.
It is Shelby American, what is interesting to me is that it looks like they are starting with a Dark Horse instead of a GT judging be the front end. N/A Shelby Dark Horse maybe?

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Nah, I'm not a gambler by nature, that's why I skipped the GT350/R. Too many bad stories around (unlike the Coyote and Predator engines). I hope FR comes out with a worthy successor to the GT350/R, and a more reliable engine, maybe Aluminator-based.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Nah, I'm not a gambler by nature, that's why I skipped the GT350/R. Too many bad stories around (unlike the Coyote and Predator engines). I hope FR comes out with a worthy successor to the GT350/R, and a more reliable engine, maybe Aluminator-based.
The Gen IVā€™s dual intake setup immediately makes it a better base for a flat plane crankshaft setup if Ford chooses to pursue that route again, so reliability concerns shouldnā€™t be so bad

To which I say hell yes. If I had to pick one type of V8 quality, high revs > big displacement/supercharged stuff any day of the week
Sponsored