• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 Tweaked renderin

My photoshop skills were a little rough here, but I feel like this takes the rendering many of us liked, and makes a few changes that appear to be closer to the production car. Mostly, I added different LED elements that are closer to what Jem described, and removed the lightbar while moving the grille up a bit, as I doubt the s650 would have that styling element.
Sponsored

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
needs body color ~3-4" between headlight and grill. Otherwise the 'mouth' dominates the look. It's supposed to be a supporting cast, not the lead.

S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 Tweaked renderin

Last edited:

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Tweaked rendering.jpg

My photoshop skills were a little rough here, but I feel like this takes the rendering many of us liked, and makes a few changes that appear to be closer to the production car. Mostly, I added different LED elements that are closer to what Jem described, and removed the lightbar while moving the grille up a bit, as I doubt the s650 would have that styling element.
This is probably the closest anyone's gotten to the real thing. I just hope it doesn't use the Mondeo's grille.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
That looks like a G82 BMW M4 wheel

S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 s-l1600

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
needs body color ~3-4" between headlight and grill. Otherwise the 'mouth' dominates the look. It's supposed to be a supporting cast, not the lead.

Tweaked rendering.jpg
I see where you're coming from, but Jem described a blacked out contrasting design running from the headlights, and into the grille. Personally, I think it makes the car look sportier, and more agressive. It also helps to hide the contours along the grille as it gets near the top, which looks better imo. I like the two contours along the bottom, and basically the middle of the grilles sides. I'm not a massive fan of that final inward contour the grille has as it gets near the top.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
This is probably the closest anyone's gotten to the real thing. I just hope it doesn't use the Mondeo's grille.
Agreed, I think getting rid of the light bar and moving the top of the grille up helps to get rid of a lot of the awkwardness of the original rendering. But I'd still like something with more aggression.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
There was lots of noise when it was announced the GT500 would be 4000lbs...............but once people drove them, nobody mentioned the weight. Ford knows how to make a heavy car handle :)
Yes Ford has been able to make big, heavy and high CoG cars handle well - with extremely stiff springs, really big tires and Magneride. That's the awesome thing about a light, low and sporty car is it can have soft springs with standard shocks and retain great body control. There's also something about Magneride that gives a feeling as though the tires are pounding down against the ground rather than reacting to the imperfections like an old school shock absorber.

When I sold my GT350 and bought a 2004 Z06, I noticed that the Z06 handled rough roads much better. It was a lot less twitchy and much more comfortable to ride in. Of course the chassis was pretty flexi compared to my old 944, and the LS6 completely sucks compared to the Voodoo and Coyote. Maybe Ford will be able to tune out more of these issues in the future as they gain more experience with epas and magneride, but I still hope and pray they are able to get some weight out of the next generation Mustang.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
They were also spied testing the c8. So maybe they'll do a mid-engine mustang, there's virtually no reason to buy a mid-engine car to benchmark it again the normal mustang, they don't really compete until you start looking at higher performance models of the mustang.
I was re-reading this thread due to the dearth of new info, and one thing I wanted to mention is that front mid engine is still mid engine and it still provides benefits to performance. With a longer hood - it's likely a larger engine is going in there. However, with more engine setback the weight bias, handling and 0-60 times could be improved.

Based on the inspirational sculpture I think the mouth is intended to dominate.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Based on the inspirational sculpture I think the mouth is intended to dominate.
what's disturbing is that the Mustang render like it came off the GM design easel. At least with the GM they broke up the grill and the headlight by only joining it as a narrow corner.

S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 blackwing front

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
what's disturbing is that the Mustang render like it came off the GM design easel. At least with the GM they broke up the grill and the headlight by only joining it as a narrow corner.

blackwing front.jpg
DIsagree. The mouth dominates in the S550 as well. And the Ford fusion. And the Evos concept from what - 2011?

S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 FordEVOSConcept_18_HR

And yes the Mustang looks more similar now that Caddy truncated the cry baby tears on the headlights, but IMO the tears dominated the Cadillac. Now they are trying to downplay them.

I think it seems more like Caddy is abandoning their failed cry baby styling and trying to look more like a Ford. Their grill is also getting a lot rounder, which has been Ford's styling for quite a while. See below how the older Cadillacs look less like a Ford. They are even going from chrome to black on the grill to look more like Fords.

S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 2019-Cadillac-CT6-V-Exterior-009-Front-Three-Quarters-Zoom

S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 download

Bottom line is all car manufacturers imitate each other and so cars from a time period tend to look similar. The winners get imitated. Toyota is still doing the Explorer grills in their SUVs.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
There was lots of noise when it was announced the GT500 would be 4000lbs...............but once people drove them, nobody mentioned the weight. Ford knows how to make a heavy car handle :)
Tweaked rendering.jpg

The frontend and headlights have to sit way lower. In the spyshots we can clearly see that the upper end of the headlights and frontend are in line with the upper end of the fender. Which most likely will give the S650 an even more droopy look than the 18 model.