• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Spacers for Magneride

Hoofprint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Convertible
When I look at spacers they typically state something like:
“Due to the increased length of the original wheel studs, these Wheel Spacers will NOT fit vehicles that are equipped with the factory MagneRide suspension.”

I believe I saw somewhere that someone put spacers on a Magneride car without cutting the studs.

can anyone confirm fitment or not of spacers with magneride?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
All these questions about spacers not understanding why the need for longer studs when Magnaride is on the car. (Spelling wrong sorry)

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
All these questions about spacers not understanding why the need for longer studs when Magnaride is on the car. (Spelling wrong sorry)
So you wrote more words to admit your spelling was wrong than just spelling it right in the first place :thumbsup:

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Gregs24
Thanks for the reply, but can you tell me what the reason is the studs are longer when the car has MAGNERIDE?
I had actually forgotten how to spell MAGNERIDE. That is quite funny. 🤣
But I really don't know why the longer studs.

OP
OP
Hoofprint

Hoofprint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Convertible
Is there anyone that can 100% verify the studs are longer on Magneride?

I would much rather go with spacers than new wheels…cutting the studs just doesn’t seem, to me, like something I want to do.

OP
OP
Hoofprint

Hoofprint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Convertible
I am seeing on a Facebook post someone has Magneride and PP and was able to use 25mm spacers without cutting the studs, due to the back of the PP wheel having “pockets” that the lugs fit into.

Can anyone confirm 25mm spacers work with Magneride, if you have PP wheels?

bgold87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
Everything I've gathered is that 25mm studs work fine for Magneride. I've even seen some posts that 20mm studs work. I just picked up some 20mm studs as I think 25 sticks out too much and will see what happens. I'll update when I install in a week or so.

OP
OP
Hoofprint

Hoofprint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Convertible
@bgold87 did you get the spacers on yet?

OP
OP
Hoofprint

Hoofprint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Convertible
I bought 25mm spacers.

Do all the nuts (all 10 per wheel) still get torqued to 150? Just want to make sure the studs on the spacers can handle it…if that is even something to be concern about(?).

bgold87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
I bought 25mm spacers.

Do all the nuts (all 10 per wheel) still get torqued to 150? Just want to make sure the studs on the spacers can handle it…if that is even something to be concern about(?).
Just a heads for everyone. I’ve seen where some people say you can run 20mm spacers on a magneride car and they’ve had no issues. If this is you then you should check them again. Just installed H&R supersports and steeda 20mm spacers and at first it looked flush. Spent a lot of time getting different angles and can 100% confirm 20mm do NOT work, it’s hard AF to see. Most angles it looks flush. I know most are running 25mm, but I’m case anyone thinks you can do 20mm, you can’t.

OP
OP
Hoofprint

Hoofprint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Convertible
Just a heads for everyone. I’ve seen where some people say you can run 20mm spacers on a magneride car and they’ve had no issues. If this is you then you should check them again. Just installed H&R supersports and steeda 20mm spacers and at first it looked flush. Spent a lot of time getting different angles and can 100% confirm 20mm do NOT work, it’s hard AF to see. Most angles it looks flush. I know most are running 25mm, but I’m case anyone thinks you can do 20mm, you can’t.
Thanks for confirming 20mm do not fit! With what you experienced, do you believe 25mm will fit? I haven’t gotten around to trying mine yet.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
Confirmed, 25mm spacers fit on a PP with Magnaride. S650 PP wheels have a pocket that fits over the exposed studs.

S650 Mustang Spacers for Magneride 20240121_162517

S650 Mustang Spacers for Magneride 20240121_162600

OP
OP
Hoofprint

Hoofprint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Convertible
Confirmed, 25mm spacers fit on a PP with Magnaride. S650 PP wheels have a pocket that fits over the exposed studs.

20240121_162517.jpg

20240121_162600.jpg
Awesome!!! Can you take a pic from the rear so I can see how far out the rears are pushed? Also, what spacers did you get?
Sponsored