• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So I Spent 2 Weeks with a Mach-E...

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
While my GT was at the dealer recently for warranty issues, they lent me a Mustang Mach-E. According to the sticker, which was in the glove box, it was a premium with a $60K price tag. (The same price as my GT.) It seemed to be a custom order that got abandoned. Anyway, I took them up on the offer to use it while they were working on my car. After all, I had never driven an EV before.

As soon as I drive the off the lot, I realized two things. First, it was quiet. Like, I didn't even realize it was on so I turned it off thinking it wasn't already on. Second, it was punchy! Just a tap of the accelerator and it was way quicker than my car. I took it on the freeway and was impressed at how smooth the drive was. It was eerily relaxing and calming.

Over the course of time I had with the car, I only had to plug it in once. And I'm glad I did when it hit 20% seeing as how long it took to charge. But given the fact that I live in a major city and drove it a lot, only having to charge it after a week and a half, I was quite pleased. Not having to stop at the gas station was a nice change of pace.

Two weeks later, I don't want to say I was sad to return it, but I realized that I was a bit of an idiot for talking sh*t about what really is an enjoyable and even soothing car. Of course, that's not what we buy Mustangs for, and I know 100% Ford is using the Mustang name on the Mach-E to make sales, which I can't fault them for doing. But I guess for me it was a case of knocking it before I tried it.
Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
They absolutely have their place in the automotive world, especially in and around cities.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Over the course of time I had with the car, I only had to plug it in once.
For comparison, how often do you refill your mustang (ice gt)?

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ive said it before and ill say it again, the only thing wrong with the Mach-e is the fact they called it a Mustang
True, but I can't fault them for it. It's obviously part of the reason the sales are so good. If it had been called the Electric Taurus or something I don't think as many people would buy it.

For comparison, how often do you refill your mustang (ice gt)?
Once a week usually.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I met the guy who designed the mach-e at Art center about 5 years ago. Jason some last name with a C. Seemed like a genuinely cool dude. He penned the Maserati gran Turismo and the Ferrari p4/5. He'll be in charge of many of the electric Ford models we see in coming years.

Meeting people who developed the mach-e first hand, I can tell you they're genuine enthusiasts who put real effort into that car. It's a good car, controversial statement, but I'm not against having multiple mustang models as long as they're sporty, and don't come at the expense of the regular coupe. That was Iacocca's vision for mustang all along, to have multiple body styles. Throughout history, there are a ton of mustang sedan, hatchback, and mid engine concepts. I, for one, am excited to see those ideas finally come to market, it's like the full potential of Lee's vision is finally becoming a reality.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, twice the range or did you use it (ev) half as much?
I used it about 3x as much to be honest. It was too easy not to. I think if I had used it as much as I daily drive my GT it probably would have lasted at least three weeks.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
True, but I can't fault them for it. It's obviously part of the reason the sales are so good. If it had been called the Electric Taurus or something I don't think as many people would buy it.

Once a week usually.
i mean, i get WHY they did it, i just dont like THAT they did it.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
My F150 has a 700 mile range with a full tank and if I somehow drive that far in one stretch I'm back on the road in 5 minutes or so with another 700 miles of range. There is simply still too little range with EVs if they expect to convert everyone in even the next 20 years. 200-250 miles of actual range (depending on weather and loading) that requires pre-planning and a long stop to recharge would simply not work for me.

I also know people who absolutely should seriously consider EV for at least one vehicle in the household. It also makes good sense for many commercial trucks and makes perfect sense for 90% of school busses. Most of them barely cover 40-80 miles each day and return to a home base each evening for charging.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
They could have called it the Thunderbird. That would be specially cool with the upcoming 2026 Mach-E Coupe, it would have been a Thunderbird Coupe.
Thunderbird and Lightning, very very frightening!
honestly a huge missed opportunity that would have not made a mark on the Mustang or Mach 1 name, and set up a catchy marketing thing.
ive said it before and ill say it again, the only thing wrong with the Mach-e is the fact they called it a Mustang
totally agree with this, the Mach-E is good for an EV and has some good design to it. the design is so good, i unintentionally put the black side skirt thing with my custom vinyls and didnt realize until i saw my GBM Mustang and the GSM's GBM Mach-E GT next to each other. the use of gloss black is really smart because you kinda ignore it unless you directly pay attention to it, which allows you to almost hide parts or change the shape of the vehicle

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
They should have called in galaxie imo, or galax-e depending on how cheesy they wanted to get.
Sponsored