• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford is doing some weird stuff with the '24 F-150

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i have no idea what Ford is doing. with the 2024 F-150 they've
  • made the XL only have the 5.0 V8
  • made the 12" infotainment screen the only one for all trims?
  • separated STX from XL
  • removed the 5.0 V8 from King Ranch and Platinum
  • discontinued "Limited"! it's now "Platinum Plus" as an equipment group for the Platinum
  • gave Platinum black badges and wheels unless you get Platinum Plus
  • gave the Raptor R some unique bodywork/bumpers
  • discontinued Code Orange, Shelter Green is taking it's place (RIP Code Orange, 2022-2024 (but for some reason Raptor R still has Code Orange accents and now you can get the beadlock rings in it too??))
  • gave Raptors with the 37" tires a new front bumper and bash plate
  • made the XL, STX, and XLT look like raccoons
  • added a new color, Darkened Bronze Metallic, which is only available as an accent color on King Ranch (RIP Stone Grey) or full color on Platinum Plus
  • updated pricing
Trim Level (basic, no options)Price Change
XL+$2735
STX+$655
XLT+$2500
Tremor+$2620
Lariat+$7515
King Ranch+$10505
Platinum+$8510
Platinum Plus (Limited Equal)+$1485
Raptor+$2205
Raptor R+$1560
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I don't track the F150 line, but I can think of a few points.

- Ford has been losing money on EVs, had difficulty lately selling EVs (due to material price increases). They've made it no secret they intend to increase production of the F150 to compensate for $ losses as well as give the customer more of one of the most successful product lines, ever

- The F150 model gives someone the opportunity to configure limitless options. Unfortunately, that means Ford must make those options available. Some of this was Ford's attempt to clean that up while still giving the appearance of staying fresh

- Back to point one, finding ways within the line to maximize the profits made with what they have

A customer can spend the rest of their natural life contemplating options and packages for thier next buy. The guys at Ford need a quantum uber computer to figure all that out. I read a like problem occurring at another manufacturer several years ago. The number of configurations simply became unwieldy. They found most customers appreciated a core package of options and little else, so they streamlined a lot of their configuration offerings. Maybe it's time Ford visit this idea with the F150.

Last edited:

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
It's corporate evolution. At some point you get marketing, accounts and efficiency experts running the company and not car lovers. Marketing looks at what other companies do and try to duplicate instead of taking a creative approach. Accountants and efficiency experts try to reduce the variations in the product line so it's easy and cheap to produce. These are normally people fresh out of college with little real world experience. Actually I can explain it in two words. Bud Light.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
After coming from a F150 I don't see anything wrong with what they are doing. If anything they are doing what sells.

Finding a 5.0L Platinum or King Ranch is rare as most of the people with them opt for the 3.5L

The XL can be had with 3 different engines and not ONLY the 5.0L

The Price increase on some is because 4x4 is standard.

and charge for use of the 360 Camera after 90 days....a subscription.
Not sure where you seen this but you do not pay a subscription for the 360 camera LOL

I have had a lot of F150's and I like how they are doing this for the 2024's but you would probably have to be into the F150's to see.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
After coming from a F150 I don't see anything wrong with what they are doing. If anything they are doing what sells.

Finding a 5.0L Platinum or King Ranch is rare as most of the people with them opt for the 3.5L

The XL can be had with 3 different engines and not ONLY the 5.0L

The Price increase on some is because 4x4 is standard.

Not sure where you seen this but you do not pay a subscription for the 360 camera LOL

I have had a lot of F150's and I like how they are doing this for the 2024's but you would probably have to be into the F150's to see.
When the 2024 Build and Price went live I saw it was listed on the FORD website as free for 90 days then a subscription.

Subsequently Ford has evidently corrected that and stated it was an error?
S650 Mustang Ford is doing some weird stuff with the '24 F-150 IMG_1824

Here is the capture from Fords website before “correction”.
S650 Mustang Ford is doing some weird stuff with the '24 F-150 IMG_1825

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
I heard that it was getting HUD too. Maybe the Mustang will have it as an option in the future?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Maybe it's time Ford visit this idea with the F150.
F-Series is the best-selling truck for 47 years and counting.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they probably know what they are doing.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I can see why they would do almost every one of those things and suspect the price increases aren't quite as bad as it would appear. In 22 I believe they made the base Lariat what was previously the first level "premium" level and the price increase was primarily due to that .
Sponsored