• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So every 5.0 S650 could easily be 500hp?

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Nah, no probs with tuning they have the gen4 ecu out from F150s cracked

You’ll just have to send your ECU out to be able to flash it.
I’m talking 500 wheel also… it’s gonna already be 500 plus crank stock (GT)
Why would you have to send it off? We do not have to with the 21+ F-150. There will be mail tunes fairly quick from a few vendors.
Sponsored

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
If you looking at just power gains then yes the gt and DH are similar. However, you have to ask yourself which will be easier to get to those power gains without breaking the engine open and also staying reliable. The DH would offer more and be able to handle that power without touching hardly anything. That car already comes equipped with alot of things and is made to prevent heat soak and take constant abuse. Also the suspension would be able to handle that added power better than a GT car. That's what I think anyway lol could be wrong I'm no expert.

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
When the day comes that Ford decides to release my car to the dealer, the first stop after picking it up will be my chassis dyno to see how it does. Most stock Gen 3s make around 400WHP on my dynojet depending on how good the weather and octane is. If my 24 makes a repeatable 420WHP or more in all stock form on my dyno...which tends to be stingy... I would be pleased.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
If you looking at just power gains then yes the gt and DH are similar. However, you have to ask yourself which will be easier to get to those power gains without breaking the engine open and also staying reliable. The DH would offer more and be able to handle that power without touching hardly anything. That car already comes equipped with alot of things and is made to prevent heat soak and take constant abuse. Also the suspension would be able to handle that added power better than a GT car. That's what I think anyway lol could be wrong I'm no expert.
Adding 14 hp is not a concerning factor GT vs DH 5.0 in reference to engine life. SC'd yotes live in the realm of 700-800 or more HP happily.

GT Track Pack vs DH suspension differences are MagnerRide calibration based and spring rate. They can all handle plenty of HP more then factory numbers.

Last edited:

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
When the day comes that Ford decides to release my car to the dealer, the first stop after picking it up will be my chassis dyno to see how it does. Most stock Gen 3s make around 400WHP on my dynojet depending on how good the weather and octane is. If my 24 makes a repeatable 420WHP or more in all stock form on my dyno...which tends to be stingy... I would be pleased.
What end of NC are you at?

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I’ll gladly offer up my Stang to anyone in TX for a dyno. Just DM me!

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
So the GTs are just artifically reduced in horsepower so the Dark Horse can have more? Man this is a really shady move by Ford. With the encyrpted software it will take years before tuners can adjust that.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Here is what we know the dark horse has different cams which ones and the differences are up for debate. But the dark horse requires premium fuel and that makes a huge difference because they don’t have to nerf the stock tune anywhere near the degree when they have to worry about someone throwing in regular gas.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So the GTs are just artifically reduced in horsepower so the Dark Horse can have more? Man this is a really shady move by Ford. With the encyrpted software it will take years before tuners can adjust that.
Some already have. There will be tunes sooner then you think.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I'd be happy with those numbers as well. :like:

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Not to discourage you but you should consider putting a few hundred miles on the car before taking it to a dyno. The engine should be broke in to loosen it for proper oil flow and it may generate a few more horse power that way. Last but not least, the engine will last longer if you do a proper break in.