• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Hello folks. Since my dad worked at Ford, we get this monthly Ford Report and there is a 2 paged article about the Mustang and the plans for EU. Interview was conducted with Jon Williams, GM Ford Blue Europe.

Most of the details are already known, but there are small details which may or may not have been thematized yet which I would like to show you. The article is in German, but maybe I can pick the most important aspects and translate them.

1. The new Ford Mustang available as a coupe and convertible again sets standards with further improved mechanical components, more powerful software programs and targeted tuning measures.

2. The new Mustang drives sportier than ever. Thanks to its Drive Mode technology combined with electronic control of the engine, suspension and steering, the perfect performance can now be offered everywhere.

3. Besides the well-known Drive modes, there will be an additional seventh mode, where you can create a freely configurable mode with multiple profiles.

4. A very directly designed, particularly stiff and low-friction steering system offers immediate feedback, while the shorter steering ratio has a further positive effect on cornering dynamics.

5. The U.S. will have additional powertrain and trim options, while in Europe the new Mustang will be offered exclusively in the higher-end variants. The V8 will be slightly modified to comply with current EU regulations.

6. Except for Norway and the Netherlands, the new Mustang will be available to order from late summer 2023.

There was also one point that mentioned that we will get a race track version of the Mustang which will be the successor of the Mach 1. Since this sounds like the Darkhorse, I don't know why this hasn't not been named like that in the article. lol

S650 Mustang Small details for the S650 Mustang via monthly Ford Europe Report Mustang Artikel
Sponsored

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Further infos from the text:
The new Mustangs gets a new double air intake system and double throttle bodies. They donā€™t mention any other updates to the Coyote though or any major updates regarding the performance.

They do however, mention a hybridizationā€¦ Right at the beginning Farley is quoted saying something like ā€œweā€™ll grow even faster by equipping our most profitable and most beloved combustion engine cars within the ā€˜Ford Blueā€™ family with connecting technologies and hybrid options. In addition, weā€™ll invest $50 billion into EVs until 2026ā€

Moreover, there are six different drive modes mentioned, not seven: regular, sport, rain/ice, drag, race and the one you can individualize.

Hey @Twin Turbo : youā€™ll get a right hand drive version in the UK ;)

edit.: They show the Dark Horse, they say the Mach 1 will get a replacement and I think it's safe to assume that the Dark Horse will replace the Mach 1 and will therefore NOT be a Ford Performance car. The reason why they don't name it Dark Horse might be because that expression is not known in Germany and is difficult to translate... I expect further market research until they'll call it Dark Horse after all ;)

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Points 1 and 2 could be marketing nothing-isms considering that mode-dependent configuration of throttle mapping, damper stiffness, exhaust valving, steering assistance, and transmission shift programming have been the norm for Mustangs since 2018 and they donā€™t specify anything quantitative regarding the claims in point 1.

But point 4 means something. If they improved the rack setupā€™s friction and stiffness coupled with the already-known faster ratio, that would actually be something tangibly improved. If the S650 GT performed no better quantitatively, but had better damping and steering qualities, it would be a satisfactory victory in my book.

OP
OP
Evo1986

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Further infos from the text:
The new Mustangs gets a new double air intake system and double throttle bodies. They donā€™t mention any other updates to the Coyote though or any major updates regarding the performance.

They do however, mention a hybridizationā€¦ Right at the beginning Farley is quoted saying something like ā€œweā€™ll grow even faster by equipping our most profitable and most beloved combustion engine cars within the ā€˜Ford Blueā€™ family with connecting technologies and hybrid options. In addition, weā€™ll invest $50 billion into EVs until 2026ā€

Moreover, there are six different drive modes mentioned, not seven: regular, sport, rain/ice, drag, race and the one you can individualize.

Hey @Twin Turbo : youā€™ll get a right hand drive version in the UK ;)

edit.: They show the Dark Horse, they say the Mach 1 will get a replacement and I think it's safe to assume that the Dark Horse will replace the Mach 1 and will therefore NOT be a Ford Performance car. The reason why they don't name it Dark Horse might be because that expression is not known in Germany and is difficult to translate... I expect further market research until they'll call it Dark Horse after all ;)
The hybrid information refer to the overall Ford policy until 2026 and is not meant for the Mustang as we all know there will be cumbustion engines only (as of now). Event if hybrid is a topic, that could be for the FL model or Gen 8.

OP
OP
Evo1986

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Points 1 and 2 could be marketing nothing-isms considering that mode-dependent configuration of throttle mapping, damper stiffness, exhaust valving, steering assistance, and transmission shift programming have been the norm for Mustangs since 2018 and they donā€™t specify anything quantitative regarding the claims in point 1.

But point 4 means something. If they improved the rack setupā€™s friction and stiffness coupled with the already-known faster ratio, that would actually be something tangibly improved. If the S650 GT performed no better quantitatively, but had better damping and steering qualities, it would be a satisfactory victory in my book.
Yes I had the same thought. As mentioned in another thread: I am sure most technical and performance oriented details are still yet to be revealed since we didn't have any proper review of the car yet. I am pretty sure there will be some nice things coming ahead.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
The hybrid information refer to the overall Ford policy until 2026 and is not meant for the Mustang as we all know there will be cumbustion engines only (as of now). Event if hybrid is a topic, that could be for the FL model or Gen 8.
We know that the S650 in its current form will not get any hybridization and there are rumors that the entire hybrid development has been cancelled. However, Ford Europe also stated that they wonā€™t sell any combustion engine only cars beyond 2025. That would be in line with the S650 refresh and a hybrid powertrain.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Thanks for sharing. Most sounds like marketing speech to me. The performance model is obviously the Dark Horse, just wondering why they didn't mention it diretly since it's offcially announced for Europe

OP
OP
Evo1986

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the press release in Sweden from September

I don't think I need to translate :D

1670580771390.png
You are lucky to get one. Your neighbours won't get it. What a shame.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
You are lucky to get one. Your neighbours won't get it. What a shame.
It's going to be to expensive anyways plus the road taxes.

There over 20 new unsold mach-1s for sale atm. Last year the prices went up like crazy, now they have reduced the prices but still almost 100 000 SEK more than when they were introduced.

Plus almost 30000/year in road tax for the first three years for an M6 equipped car

OP
OP
Evo1986

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's going to be to expensive anyways plus the road taxes.

There over 20 new unsold mach-1s for sale atm. Last year the prices went up like crazy, now they have reduced the prices but still almost 100 000 SEK more than when they were introduced.

Plus almost 30000/year in road tax for the first three years for an M6 equipped car
100K more? Thats like 10Kā‚¬. That is indeed a lot. I think the most expensive Mustangs were sold in Netherlands. I think they paid pathetic amount of money, starting from 90K ā‚¬ plus tax.

jByrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT/CS
I'm hoping they will be available to order before late Summer. Does ordering open for Europe later than the states typically?

OP
OP
Evo1986

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm hoping they will be available to order before late Summer. Does ordering open for Europe later than the states typically?
Yes it does. The S650 will be open for order by late summer 2023. It is always subject to change of course, but those are the official dates.

Mustang FX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost
Thanks for sharing. Will be interesting to see how much the EU model will differ from the US one in terms of performance and sound.
Sponsored