• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Should There Be a Trim Level Between GT and DH?

Should Ford Offer a Trim in Between GT and DH?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Porsche recently revealed the 992 911 Carrera T (T standing for touring). It's a more affordable Carrera that offers some of the improvements of the Carrera S and GTS trims.

That got me thinking. I would love to see a trim level to slot in between the GT and DH. I'm aware a PP1 or PP2 GT could offer some of the DH's magic via a package, however, I'd like to see something more than a performance package. What would it be callled? No clue. But I would love for said in between trim to offer the DH's Tremec for example.

What do you all think? Yay or nay on a more affordable performance value trim above the S650 GT?
Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Porsche recently revealed the 992 911 Carrera T (T standing for touring). It's a more affordable Carrera that offers some of the improvements of the Carrera S and GTS trims.

That got me thinking. I would love to see a trim level to slot in between the GT and DH. I'm aware a PP1 or PP2 GT could offer some of the DH's magic via a package, however, I'd like to see something more than a performance package. What would it be callled? No clue. But I would love for said in between trim to offer the DH's Tremec for example.

What do you all think? Yay or nay on a more affordable performance value trim above the S650 GT?
I would think you could do the DH horsepower upgrade without the extra coolers as a drag strip version. It may be like the 1320 Challenger? Im not sure there is enough meat on the bone to have a full model between the 2, but something like that could be a named package or something.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Just the Tremec option really. Feel like they have quasi sub-tiers with the performance package already, but for the absurd price itā€™s been recently priced to, they might as well bump it up a tiny bit more and throw in a proper manual and call it a day.

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
Uh, no. The Dark Horse is basically like the Mach 1, not much room for anything in between a GT with PP1 and a DH.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Just the Tremec option really. Feel like they have quasi sub-tiers with the performance package already, but for the absurd price itā€™s been recently priced to, they might as well bump it up a tiny bit more and throw in a proper manual and call it a day.
That's what I'm getting at. Give us SOMETHING with a Tremec that isn't the DH.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I agree that the Tremec should be the one manual transmission across all trims.

I voted "No". I prefer simpler lines and choices for two broad reasons:

1. In general, it keeps costs down for both us and Ford. Further, the fewer unique parts Ford has to design, source, maintain and assemble, quality will be better. There's a healthy aftermarket for both performance and styling parts.

2. As a consumer, having too many choices can be confusing, an irritation. I like Porsche; if you can afford them, it's like you can't go wrong. But go to their configuration page: there's like 500 options for a build. I like Audi's build concept: a handful of key packages composed of parts which compliment one another and little else.

The ideas of drag, track or touring/styling packages are cool, but the numbers would have to be run, how cost effective that would be. Ford's obviously done a great job, creating a car for the masses, a great base which can be later customized to their needs.

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Nope, not for me........although I would argue the Performance Pack should get you the Tremec manual as standard, with the DH's 10-speed auto as an option (I'm assuming the DH auto will have the same programming as the Mach 1).

But I do want to see the California Special return, as I like the trim upgrades that brings.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Nope, not for me........although I would argue the Performance Pack should get you the Tremec manual as standard, with the DH's 10-speed auto as an option (I'm assuming the DH auto will have the same programming as the Mach 1).

But I do want to see the California Special return, as I like the trim upgrades that brings.
That's what I'm getting at. Give us SOMETHING with a Tremec that isn't the DH.
The only reason not to get into a DH is that it may get you in trouble with the DW.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Arenā€™t they bragging about how this MY will be the most customizable? Funny how itā€™s not the options we care about most.
I would prefer: GT with properly sized tires, a tremec, the thicc quad tips the DH gets. Three enthusiast options, yet none are options. šŸ˜©

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
You could still offer an in between without the DH's power bump.
I suppose Ford could offer options. But I donā€™t think the DH power bump is going to be very substantial over a GT. Sort of like the Mach 1/Bullitt hp bumpā€”it didnā€™t really make them much if any quicker in acceleration over a regular GT.

If I was Ford, Iā€™d just make people buy the more expensive DH to get the options they want. Seems to be the better business plan.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Arenā€™t they bragging about how this MY will be the most customizable? Funny how itā€™s not the options we care about most.
This played a role in starting this thread as well. Seems like if you're going to make a statement like that you should allow customers a little more freedom in spec'ing their trans.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I'd like to see a S650 GT PP2 variant with the wheels/tires/tremec from a mach1.
Sponsored