• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Mustang Tools and Utilities

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i have made a new page on my website that will be home to various tools and utilities for 2024+ Mustangs
here is a link to the page
at the moment, there is only tools to get ForScan codes for tire sizes and differential ratios, but there will be more stuff added in the future
if you have any suggestions for tools to add, please let me know and i will likely look into it!

Changelog:
8/21/23 - initial launch
8/23/23 - added module list
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
possible new tool if i can figure out how to reverse engineer the custom drive mode. no promises, though
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang Tools and Utilities 1693543662508

ChrisMattice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150 XLT
Thanks for sharing and doing the leg work!

Here's hoping Global windows will be available in Forscan on the S650. I have very low expectations that it will bc of the previous gen but I absolutely love that feature enabled on my F150. Saved me a few times when I had my windows down and it started to rain!

fschael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I just got delivered my Mustang GT and I just found out the welcome lighting comes only on premium. I would love to know how to activate the approaching feature with Forscan.

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
I just got delivered my Mustang GT and I just found out the welcome lighting comes only on premium. I would love to know how to activate the approaching feature with Forscan.
I have no clue

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
@roket have you attempted to sniff the CAN bus to see if this switch [Auto Start/Stop, not used on GT] makes itself known, ie the address of the switch or is there any response code given from pressing it?

Are these switches associated with FCIM, or another module?

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang Tools and Utilities ASS-Button.JPG

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
@roket have you attempted to sniff the CAN bus to see if this switch [Auto Start/Stop, not used on GT] makes itself known, ie the address of the switch or is there any response code given from pressing it?

Are these switches associated with FCIM, or another module?

ASS-Button.JPG
i looked at wiring diagrams and can tell you that there's a high chance that the buttons just communicate to a module via something like PWM. the only dedicated wires are for the hazard button, the max defrost button, and power for the max defrost button's light, plus some other stuff. connector face and pinning attached for that Audio Control Panel
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang Tools and Utilities 1695355786201

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
i looked at wiring diagrams and can tell you that there's a high chance that the buttons just communicate to a module via something like PWM. the only dedicated wires are for the hazard button, the max defrost button, and power for the max defrost button's light, plus some other stuff. connector face and pinning attached for that Audio Control Panel
Appreciate your efforts.
I just learned something!
I made the assumption that most of the data traffic would be over CAN bus, but I see reference to a LIN bus wire there. (Never heard of LIN bus before, but having Googled it, it's be around for a while!)

I've developed my own projects (for ham radio/electronic enthusiasts) that can control and interact with a device via it's CAN bus.
But LIN bus could make it a whole lot easier for what I had in mind, as it basically works like a UART serial interface on a microcontroller (no CAN bus to SPI adapter required, blah blah).

The 4 remaining "buttons" on that panel will talk to the master module it's connected to, and each button will have it's own identifier. (The wire that is connected to pin 3).
Sponsored