• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
On a discussion level -

How much more "real" can the car get - the photos posted of the exterior and interior are IT. There's not going to be any major developments or changes at this stage. The hardware and physical elements that make up the exterior and interior are done. The contractors assigned to making what we see aren't going to "change" anything at this stage - not as far as the molds for interior components or exterior molded nose/rear cones and associated parts.. Design elements as far as the final finishes and colors - sure. What we see at this stage is IT.

That steering wheel center is atrocious - it's a truck wheel stuffed into a car interior - as are the other components making up the dash.

I'm not seeing how "judgement" can't be passed at this stage in the game - not when what we see from the actual "leaked" photos is pretty much finalized.

Have fun with that Fox/KITT/Truck interior mish-mosh.
I agree what we are seeing are production cars but........one word CJ, camouflage. Go back and look at that airbag cover. Does it look real to you? It doesn't to me.
Sponsored

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
They needed a bigger, more comprehensive air bag because people keep piling mustangs into concrete walls head first after wildly fishtailing back and forth. :)

Jem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
I’ve been waiting for this kind of comment from someone whose seen it - an “honest no BS assessment” as Harry Stamper said. It highlights the problem I had with Mustang until the S550. The exteriors are typically very good looking, but the interiors tend to be pretty “meh.” I have no doubt the 650 will look cool at car shows and driving down the road, but that’s not how I enjoy my car as an owner. 100% of my driving experience is inside the car, not looking at it.

I was hoping the 650 would be further advancement in what a Mustang’s interior is like in the 21st century (the 550’s interior is the best interior in a Mustang ever IMO) and for the ever increasing price point. I fear the lack of a “wow” interior in the future will push me out of a Mustang altogether when it’s time for a new car in years.

That’s a bummer, but I understand why they wanted to catch the “80s were cool” trend and throwback to the Fox interior. I just don’t like it *for me.* But… but… this will continue to push the Mustang forward as the icon brand, hopefully, grows to include some more premium touches. And I hope and assume Ford is listening.

Thanks for the insight Jem! You just eliminated all doubt in my mind about this order and I’m fully entrenched in the “wait and see” camp for the 650 now. 🍺

In my case, it’s because the spy shots offer enough of a finished product to know that no refinement will change my mind on how I feel about that interior. Not only does it do nothing for me, I actively dislike it. Nothing about the exterior will change that for me on a $50k+ purchase.

{eta: multi-quote fail}
I certainly wouldn't want anybody making decisions before official release based on my observations.

In fairness, I haven't seen full production spec in a studio, with pro photography etc

It will win many hearts im sure of it. Change is hard to accept, some wish for more, some prefer less is best. There no pleasing everybody thats a certainty.

I think its wise that we all wait for full reveal 😎

Of course we are allowed to speculate on what's on show right now, but don't write anything off just yet.

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
I certainly wouldn't want anybody making decisions before official release based on my observations.

In fairness, I haven't seen full production spec in a studio, with pro photography etc

It will win many hearts im sure of it. Change is hard to accept, some wish for more, some prefer less is best. There no pleasing everybody thats a certainty.

I think its wise that we all wait for full reveal 😎

Of course we are allowed to speculate on what's on show right now, but don't write anything off just yet.
Exactly, well said!

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
Of course! Mine was made weeks ago when I placed the order for my 22. Your observations, even tempered and taken with a grain of salt, just make the decision an even more comfortable one versus waiting. Just wanted to clarify that. 🍺

Reactions: Jem

Jem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Of course! Mine was made weeks ago when I placed the order for my 22. Your observations, even tempered and taken with a grain of salt, just make the decision an even more comfortable one versus waiting. Just wanted to clarify that. 🍺
Nothing wrong with '22 especially mach 1

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
No disrespect, but I think you really need a reality check. Ford Corporation is being driven by sales of trucks and CUV/SUV's, not a enthusiast car. Honestly if it wasn't for the Mustang name now being used as a "Brand" name and the huge success of the Mach-E we might not even have a S650.

This isn't about defense it's about reality ( I know common theme of mine which is ridiculous for an internet forum). The lovers and the haters both have no actual clue what the finished car is going to look like. The lovers are willing to cut the spy photos some slack, the haters, well they hate.

Listen I appreciate what you are saying. I would love these things to. What Mustang owner wouldn't. But it doesn't really matter. At this point we are getting what has been planned. Why do we not just wait until it is introduced before condemning it?

The reason the S650 will be an evolution of the S550 and not want we were originally told has a lot to do with Covid, supply chain issues and the overall economy. Not of those things were Ford's ideas.
first, you don’t claim no disrespects dnd then claim someone needs a “reality check.”
So there is a life lesson for you.

Second, anyone who follows automotive news cycles as known Fords sale a primarily driven by SUV/truck markets. They have stated this plainly prior to ending life on all sedans wave Mustang and even going as far as calling their (Blazer competitor a “Mustang.”

third.Using your own vocabulary, the Mustangis Fords ENTHUSIAST CAR! It’s the one people are ENTHUSIASTIC, excited, pumped about. The one to make people drool with desire and get adrenaline surging. The MEMORY of prior mustang enthusiasm is not enough. The new car must produce that on its own.

mite better to either temporarily retire the nameplate until logistics recover to a more favorable status (if indeed the mustang is this big liability only to e saved by the Mach E - pro tip: not the case. The Mach E, whether called mustang or other, would sell because it’s a sporty suv saying it is saving the real mustang is like saying f-150 is. The reality, it’s just ford making money to continue us to operate however it wants. You are simply repeating what Jim “venom mills demons” Farley said while trying tonusrify Giving a sports/pony car name to an suv. In the way things work in the real world. It does not make sense. It’s just public manipulation.

Bottom line; this isa discussion about leaked aesthetics it looks pretty complete on the front end. As a reminder, That’s what we are discussing: the leaked front end. And it’s really bad. Looks like a grandma car. It’s not inspiring, enthusiastic, and is really frustrating when you considerFord spent a lot of energy making the suv look as great as possible. Now we have a youthful looking,inspiring suv, but the actualmustang looks like brick that fell off of grandmas house. Reality check: that sucks. Ford can do better. If they aren’t. They shouldn’t promise doing the mustang right only to not do that and then complain about having to keep that promise later (see recent v8 post). It’s easier to make a car look sporty/cool/inspiring than a truck. So this is purposed. Ford reads this stuff. If you think they don’t, you need to try a marketing job or even internship. Voices here and even elsewhere do get heard. If you want to act like everything is great. Then that’s your vote. Meanwhile I and others who dislike this direction will speak up with our voices and finances.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
Bottom line; this isa discussion about leaked aesthetics it looks pretty complete on the front end. As a reminder, That’s what we are discussing: the leaked front end. And it’s really bad.
🤔 Actually….. this thread is about the leaked interior shots. 🤣

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
first, you don’t claim no disrespects dnd then claim someone needs a “reality check.”
So there is a life lesson for you.
Life lesson. You can disagree with someone and still respect them. I respect you, just do not agree with your assessment.

I'm still going to wait until the car is actually released. Then I will comment on it. By the way I had a 15'. When the 18's were introduced so many here "hated" the front end. Slowly but surely many, but not all, came around. I now have a 19' and love the front end. I guess we'll see.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Life lesson. You can disagree with someone and still respect them. I respect you, just do not agree with your assessment.

I'm still going to wait until the car is actually released. Then I will comment on it. By the way I had a 15'. When the 18's were introduced so many here "hated" the front end. Slowly but surely many, but not all, came around. I now have a 19' and love the front end. I guess we'll see.
agreeing to disagree is one thing. And that’s the way to do it next time.

as for commenting, the aesthetic on the front and some of the interior has been revealed.

the front is pretty bad. No way around it. But the interior is actually growing on me now that I’ve adjusted it in photoshop. Has a nice Mercedes’ style wraparound screen. At first I thought it was a collection of things. Some other elements I don’t like such as under the screen -looks Like they borrowed the worst pallets of bmw sedan interiors. But hopefully it’s just bad angles.

really wish ford would just go all out on this car for once and give us something to really be enthusiastic about. Don’t tell us it’s going to be a drool worthy poster car snd then come out with something only grandma could love.
Sponsored

Last edited: