• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
Of course not! The screen looks wonderful. After all, the photo fades out, not showing the entire dash. I mean you can't even see the passenger side vent. There is a possibility for the double hump at the same time. From what is visible though, the dash is taking a likelihood to the Fox body's dash, and that is one of then most beloved generations.
Yeah, I joke.. but Def. a wait and see. For me, the Fox body is low on my list.

I really wanted to be blown away on the reveal. But, this helps me stay with what I got.
Sponsored

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I think that ford should offer a Boss 302 with a heavily modified Coyote. Add a 6-speed manual transaxle, the Magnaride from the GT500, dual rear brake calipers as seen on one of the prototypes, and the aggressive aero from the GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
I've given it 24 hours, and I think the thing that bugs me the most, is the horrid brushed/chrome looking vents. It just draws my eyes there for all the wrong reasons. I asked a few folks who know I'm a Mustang fanatic to take a look, and every single one of them said the same thing; "The interior looks cheap". I fully agree with that. Ford really needs to reconsider the usage of that god awful cheap look around the vents. Go full black so the eyes are not drawn to it. I understand that they are trying to fit a 12 inch screen above them for the future moves toward EV, but this interior that they have come up with, has made me hold on moving to the S650. My S550 is going nowhere.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Looking at the s550 interior spy photos, I don't see much of a double hump, but it was too early to tell.
The problem is a driver centric center stack and double brow top do not match. The whole concept of the double brow is that the entire dash underneath is symmetrical, which this is not.

rachmiel99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible HPP 6MT
OK, I know that this is a prototype and it has makeshift materials and all that... but please tell me that there's no way that giant ungainly matte-finish block at the center of the steering wheel is part of the final product.

That thing looks like the fake rocks where you hide your spare housekey.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
OK, I know that this is a prototype and it has makeshift materials and all that... but please tell me that there's no way that giant ungainly matte-finish block at the center of the steering wheel is part of the final product.

It looks like a placeholder since there is clearly a Ford oval in the center. The overall shape will probably remain but I wouldn't be surprised to see our version get more detailing/trim/etc.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT

I'd rather have that than gloss/piano black.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
This is a sad day. No Mustang should ever have a driver oriented dash layout, it should be flat, symmetrical and with a double brow on top. Heck that is the only design element of that otherwise ridiculous Mach-E that I really appreciate.

The other major fault is the deletion of the physical hvac controls. That is an ergonomic nightmare and other brands are already reversing this failed design policy after receiving endless hate over it.
The entire top of the dash is covered, it could still have a double brow.

JR007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
As others stated, not what I was expecting either, but I'm sure it'll grow on us, eventually. With that said, I'm thinking the final interior for the S650 will take cues from the current Bronco. I think a lot of digital screens will move in this direction with its essentially flowing into the dash.

PS, I sure hope start/stop is NOT present in the new Mustang (you can see a button for it on the left). Err!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
What are the weird Snowflake looking wheels in the last few pics? I don't remember seeing them on any current production car.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
This is the final interior design, but not production textures and finishes. It has been said for more than 2 years now, it does not use a new platform.

The real focus has been to replace the ICE Mustang, which is why no investment in an all new bespoke RWD basis nor move to CD6, ever happened.

This was likely an alternative proposal that won, against another interior proposal that looked like the current interior (w/improvements). Upon reveal, this will likely be seen when proposals are made public.

....Maybe in materials/finish, which is happening anyway, since this is a prototype vehicle. But to expect any readily visible design changes, you should know this is already a done deal. Cars are not gonna see changes this late, as it doesn't work like that and never has. They're already preparing to build this mold and solidified this design some 1.5 to 2 years ago.

The previous generation interior was at that point in June 2012, before it went on sale in September 2014.

Anyone who hated the S550 interior in 2013 spy shots, pretty much had to live with it until S650, because the interior design here is also a done deal, like that was for S550 back then.

...none of these cars are mules now. They're the final design, as in VP1 prototypes and maybe even beyond that stage.

S650 mules were generally S550 bodies with cobbled together interiors. This is the final article, with placeholder trim, 3D printed in some areas.

Mule is not really interchangeable with prototype, when discussing production body testers.
For those that missed this post from someone who has seen the car...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Has anyone missed the earlier comments in here where it has been said that the interior captured in the photos is no longer "prototype"??

That interior and layout is 99% going to be production with minor tweaks of final covering/finish materials and top of dash pad shape. The huge truck steering wheel, overall horrible layout, poor ergonomics and the now squared off look is it. So enjoy that nice truck interior in the Next Gen Mustang.

I also agree with the sentiment of capacitive touch being used for everything; it's a poor choice. I'm waiting for the first threads of "my HVAC controls won't change after touching the screen"... or the "hey, my digital dash AND the main control center is not working and has blacked out"....
Sponsored