• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 GT or C7/C8

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 , 2012 Boss 302
I was dead set on a C8. I test drove three of them within a weeks period. Here’s the catch though. It would be a second/weekend/trip car as I have a truck for a daily. My wife took one look at the trunk and frunk and we ruled it out. I LOVE the looks, but there is zero space for any bags larger than a carry on. We want to be able to actually pack for a trip without compromising bag size. I found a Dark Horse at MSRP two weeks ago, and it checks all of the boxes for us, including a usable trunk so that’s what I ended up with.

IMG_0368.jpeg
That DH looks great in black. Love those wheels also. Nice build.
Sponsored

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
My brother in law had a 1967 Corvette Stingray and it was nice and the newer Corvettes are bit too low for my age and especially not enough room. My research, pictures of Corvette accidents with bigger cars is more likely to get their heads amputated in the front accident approach!
I ain’t going to look good to have my head amputated and dangled! Higher car the better! Just my opinion!

Lynchburgsam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Exactly the same situation. I gave Ford until end of October and bought my C8 instead. I love it. Got a call yesterday from Ford dealer that Ford still hasn’t moved forward on my Mustang Darkhorse build, but “good news they haven’t canceled my order”. Total bs in my opinion. I told them to forget it. I’ve had I think 4-5 other dealers call me to offer a Darkhorse that hit the lot but all wanted ridiculous money over MSRP. I’m probably never going to buy another Ford after this. I’m thrilled with the Vette and for me I think it’s a far superior car For the money.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Didn't read other's comments, here's my 2 cents.

I've owned a C6 and a C7. They are asbolutely great sports cars. In fact, I always said it's a race car with turn signals.

BUT.

It's a fun car to go on long rides. I would not want to run errands in one. Getting in and out (i'm 6'3") was a bit of a sport. Also curbs and negotiating parking entrances and sidewalks . Then there's the fact that it's such a stiffer ride, our roads up here are so nasty (think potholes everywhere).

The mustang (i've had a 2021 and 2024) is a more comfortable car. More practical, more forgiving of road conditions, just as powerful. It may be a tad less surgical in twisties, but i don't drive it to the absolute edge so i don't care.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I've owned all three. Get the Mustang. True muscle car. The Vette is a sports car.
Mustang has never been a muscle car. It's a pony car, the first pony car. Muscle cars were usually big long family cars with huge engines.

bmbl-bee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Mustang has never been a muscle car. It's a pony car, the first pony car. Muscle cars were usually big long family cars with huge engines.
Thank you for setting me straight on this. I must have been drinking when I posted.

Muscle car definition according to Webster's dictionary--Any of a group of American made 2-door sports coupes designed for high performance driving

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for setting me straight on this. I must have been drinking when I posted.

Muscle car definition according to Webster's dictionary--Any of a group of American made 2-door sports coupes designed for high performance driving
I knew when I posted that it would be taken the wrong way. I didn’t have very high expectations.

That may be Webster’s definition, but they can’t even define what a woman is.

Wasn’t meant to start any kind of negative commentary, just stating what the original concept of a muscle car was.

bmbl-bee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These new "pony cars" and compact cars are generally considered muscle cars only if they have the top of the line performance engines and options.
Although there were several personal luxury vehicles with performance engines and options, their heavy weight and high sticker prices went against the low-cost performance definition of American muscle cars. Therefore they are not considered muscle cars.

bmbl-bee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These new "pony cars" and compact cars are generally considered muscle cars only if they have the top of the line performance engines and options.
Although there were several personal luxury vehicles with performance engines and options, their heavy weight and high sticker prices went against the low-cost performance definition of American muscle cars. Therefore they are not considered muscle cars.
Quoted from muscle car club.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order

I'm with you. A muscle car to me is an SS Chevelle, SS Nova, GTO, Charger, Challenger, Roadrunner, SuperBee, etc. etc. I would never consider a big, long, 60's or early 70's family car with a huge engine a muscle car.

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Camaro ZL1 (prev. 2019 Mustang GT; 2025?)
I wouldn't spend a dime on a C8 given the high likelihood of getting a defective transmission.

LOTO1953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT On Oder
I have a vert Corvette C7 Z51 and placed my order for a GT Convertible on Friday and the wait begins. My Corvette is a blast to drive but getting too hard to get in/out of for my wife.
S650 Mustang S650 GT or  C7/C8 40ECF858-FE63-45C2-B3D2-181870433F26

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't spend a dime on a C8 given the high likelihood of getting a defective transmission.

Transmission failure rate is around 4% of the C8. While that's pretty high, I'd still take my chances when it comes to a C8 over the S650 GT or DH.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My father has a 2020 C8, but it has less than 20,000 miles. He had some weird fluke with his trans, but it cleared itself up. Otherwise it's been solid, aside from the ridiculous 15k maintenance cost for the dual clutch. I drove it the other day and after having the Mustang, the C8 cockpit feels extremely cramped and stiff. The Mustang is way more relaxed (read not Recaro seats).
Sponsored