• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 cancelled?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
My friend bought a volt and I have the opposite opinion of it. It was interesting driving it around in battery mode. Dead quiet but it was so weak. The interior was really cheap and ugly. There are 4 doors but it might as well be 2 because there is no room in the back. Also his windows opened twice sitting at my house and the car started itself. The car also has a lot of complex systems. No thanks, I would never buy this car and its extremely ugly as well.

Also, fossil fuels is a hoax. Its a fake term created by the major players in the oil business years ago to make people think there is short supply so they could charge more for it. Oil doesnt come from fossils or dinosaur bones or whatever.
He should have got it fixed. Embrace the future.

True, the back seat wasn’t great. But I’m not driving Uber. And I bested auto 4.6 GTs in my Volt every time. I realize that isn’t the fastest mustang in the world, but it wasn’t slow. Something was wrong with you’re friend’s. Sorry.
Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I hope the revised revised platform in 2020-2021 shed 100 pounds.

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
So much hate for the Volt. I put 90k problem free miles on mine. Plus with the battery it moves the center of gravity lower. Not saying it was a sports car but with decent tires it wasn't horrible. Plus I got 115mpg. That being said the Mustang is a far superior performance car. Was never a fan of the 2nd gen volt. I think if they use the batteries to provide an extra boost like some modern super cars...wouldn't be bad. The future is coming and the Mustang is changing.
Original Mustang was a Falcon. The fox body was a Fairmont.
The Mustang is moving upscale and I can see how a supercar hybrid system could make sense with the current direction.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT / CS
And I bested auto 4.6 GTs in my Volt every time.
Need a bit of qualification here.

Your 7.5 (ish) 0-60 (102 MPH Top Speed) bested a car that does 6.6 0-60 and much higher top speed?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Need a bit of qualification here.

Your 7.5 (ish) 0-60 (102 MPH Top Speed) bested a car that does 6.6 0-60 and much higher top speed?
Glad I'm not the only one who was calling BS on that :lol:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
So much hate for the Volt. I put 90k problem free miles on mine. Plus with the battery it moves the center of gravity lower. Not saying it was a sports car but with decent tires it wasn't horrible.
While I can't say that I actually hate the Volt, I can tell you that I wouldn't buy one. And that I'd rather have my '95 626 back (a car of roughly comparable performance but far more fun to drive).

Adding weight hurts you more by having to cart all that additional weight around than it can ever help you by lowering the CG.

It's great that the Mustang is finally getting better platforms than it did in the past. But let's not get too carried away here; I doubt the Mustang could ever support its existence selling on the basis of having the exclusivity of only a near-exotic.

Norm

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Guys really, there will be a new Mustang. If it stays on this platform or gets an even better one, it will be completely redesigned and will have a Hybrid as part of the lineup. Let’s not get nuts. These cars sell plenty and there’s will always be room for sports and GT cars in the world because there are enthusiasts who want them. No one lusts after a Chevy cavalier or a Toyota Prius. We lust after sporty cars. So I’m very much doubtful that Ford will be ending the Mustang or keeping it in the Stone Age as cars get more and more advanced.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Guys really, there will be a new Mustang. If it stays on this platform or gets an even better one, it will be completely redesigned and will have a Hybrid as part of the lineup. Let’s not get nuts. These cars sell plenty and there’s will always be room for sports and GT cars in the world because there are enthusiasts who want them. No one lusts after a Chevy cavalier or a Toyota Prius. We lust after sporty cars. So I’m very much doubtful that Ford will be ending the Mustang or keeping it in the Stone Age as cars get more and more advanced.
Tell that to Toyota.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
These cars sell plenty and there’s will always be room for sports and GT cars in the world because there are enthusiasts who want them.
The issue is that enthusiasts are not the majority, and enthusiast-targeted cars don't sell anywhere near the volume that passenger cars do. Hell, Ford might even save money by closing down the production lines for the mustang and not investing money in the platform. The dent it would make on their passenger car sales would not be enough to offset the money saved by taking a vehicle out of production

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The issue is that enthusiasts are not the majority, and enthusiast-targeted cars don't sell anywhere near the volume that passenger cars do. Hell, Ford might even save money by closing down the production lines for the mustang and not investing money in the platform. The dent it would make on their passenger car sales would not be enough to offset the money saved by taking a vehicle out of production
Fords performance line up is also a Beaming icon. Mustangs represents an idea aswell as a goal. You don’t see Toyota Camry as a background wallpaper, poster, nor does it garner desire on the eyes of others. There’s always something more than just sales figures.

On another note, Mustang will survive and be successful without an s650 like the long term challenger. It’s appearance can change without platform changes however it’ll suck since a lighter weight chassis can make the mustang a leader of performance. Imagine the rumored platform debuted in 2011 where the mustang s550 platform could have been 700 lb lighter? Damn what a potential beast that could be. Sub 3000 lb supercar fighter.

My unlikely wet dream is for Ford and GM to codevelop a new RWD platform with empathasis on light weightness

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Fords performance line up is also a Beaming icon. Mustangs represents an idea aswell as a goal. You don’t see Toyota Camry as a background wallpaper, poster, nor does it garner desire on the eyes of others. There’s always something more than just sales figures.
I completely agree with that, as the mustang is the main reason I've only ever bought Fords. However, I am simply saying that based on pure volume alone, the mustang doesn't sell well enough for Ford (Hackett specifically, since he doesn't seem to be much of a forward thinker) to not want to discontinue it. I feel like the mustang is a better symbol of the company than an actual product as far as sales go

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I completely agree with that, as the mustang is the main reason I've only ever bought Fords. However, I am simply saying that based on pure volume alone, the mustang doesn't sell well enough for Ford (Hackett specifically, since he doesn't seem to be much of a forward thinker) to not want to discontinue it. I feel like the mustang is a better symbol of the company than an actual product as far as sales go
I get that but even Hackett has to know not to kill off the mustang. Someone can’t be that oblivious :headbonk:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
I get that but even Hackett has to know not to kill off the mustang. Someone can’t be that oblivious :headbonk:
Well, by that logic, you'd think he'd be smart enough to not get rid of EVERY SINGLE PASSENGER CAR AVAILABLE FROM FORD :frusty:
Sponsored