• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 cancelled?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
That was supposed to be the new GT500 and I was set to buy one. Now it will be a Vette. Don’t get me going. :mad:
A 7.0 mustang will likely never happen again. Large displacement engines are dying... hell, even Chevy's largest engine is a 6.2 now! We've learned that VE is more important than displacement, so why not take advantage of that?
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
:eek:
A 7.0 mustang will likely never happen again. Large displacement engines are dying... hell, even Chevy's largest engine is a 6.2 now! We've learned that VE is more important than displacement, so why not take advantage of that?

It’s just that as an old timer I missed out on the big block days. My engines in all the cars I owned are: 302, 5.0, 5.0 for Ford and a 5.7 LT1 from GM and finally the 3.7 V6 DD I have now. The talk of a 7.0 GT500 gave me hope of a large displacement engine before I entered my “Golden Years” and so much for that idea now. You get tired of those small block motors decade after decade and this was my last hope. And now my hopes are dashed. :eek:

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I love big blocks and still hold out hope for a Boss 429 anniversary model. Doubt it though. :mad:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
The closest thing we would get to a Boss 429 would probably be a 4.3L FI V8

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Personally, I think Hackett is a f**king a**hole and not just because of the Mustang debacle. He's just a douche. Fields was a cool guy even though he was a bit of a nut sometimes.
Bean counter types, pretty much always, suck ass.

But hey maybe with an office furniture CEO the seats in Fords will at least get a little better, but probably not.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Bean counter types, pretty much always, suck ass.

But hey maybe with an office furniture CEO the seats in Fords will at least get a little better, but probably not.
Cost to much to switch over to better seats :D

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 , 2012 Boss 302
^^This. One of the reasons why Fields was axed was because he wasn't profitable enough and focused too much on products that weren't making money or that's how Ford's board put it. Hackett is all about the bottom line.

Btw guys, the S650 has been cancelled, not the Mustang. CLEAN-SLATE development has been cancelled, not the actual model...for now.
Yes like the Ford GT. That was the straw the broke fields back. Wasn’t necessary for the company to go to that extreme in building a car the 99% of the ford customers could not afford. Should have created a mustang to race in place of the ford GT. Nice to see it in the form of the GT4 now. Conti series in IMSA.
The new guy that took over for Fields is a Hugh mistake for us car freaks. But us car freaks won’t save the company @ it’s present condition and future problems. As far as seats go he’d do better working for a RV manufacturing co. Put his fat ass in one of those lazy boy seating. Half of these glory boy CEOs aren’t worth the money they claim they are. But the stupid board believes them and away we go. It’s sad.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Yes like the Ford GT. That was the straw the broke fields back. Wasn’t necessary for the company to go to that extreme in building a car the 99% of the ford customers could not afford. Should have created a mustang to race in place of the ford GT. Nice to see it in the form of the GT4 now. Conti series in IMSA.
The new guy that took over for Fields is a Hugh mistake for us car freaks. But us car freaks won’t save the company @ it’s present condition and future problems. As far as seats go he’d do better working for a RV manufacturing co. Put his fat ass in one of those lazy boy seating. Half of these glory boy CEOs aren’t worth the money they claim they are. But the stupid board believes them and away we go. It’s sad.
Ferrari and Lamborghini manage to make money on their supercars.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang

They have a higher volume of sales - much higher.

BTW: I am the biggest fan of the Ford GT and probably handled more one off prototype parts for the first cars than anyone here excepting any Multimatic lurkers who would have to remain anonymous. But I have no gag order anymore... :D :ford:

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
They have a higher volume of sales - much higher.

BTW: I am the biggest fan of the Ford GT and probably handled more one off prototype parts for the first cars than anyone here excepting any Multimatic lurkers who would have to remain anonymous. But I have no gag order anymore... :D :ford:
I think Ford could make more GTs if they wanted to.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 , 2012 Boss 302
Ford is not Ferrari and never will be. Ferrari is a small car company that goes racing as it main thrust.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Ford is not Ferrari and never will be. Ferrari is a small car company that goes racing as it main thrust.

A play on semantics. The company that makes the Ford GT races cars Big Time. :first:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
I think Ford could make more GTs if they wanted to.
One of the smart things that Hackett could do is delete the production limits on the GT and the GT350. All development investments in those have already been paid, so why not squeeze every penny out of them. Easy money for Ford.

The second thing he should do is forbid dealer markups. Markups make people decide against buying that product and going somewhere else, costing Ford money in the end.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 , 2012 Boss 302

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The second thing he should do is forbid dealer markups. Markups make people decide against buying that product and going somewhere else, costing Ford money in the end.
Not so much on the ADM's.

Ford's already been paid once a vehicle hits a showroom floor..they're fat and happy with whatever the dealership was charged and paid. The dealership is the only one who loses when a car sits on a lot due to ADM.

And keep in mind, the "S" in MSRP stands for suggested.. meaning the dealer can charge more than that if they want, and the consumer can decline to pay it if they want also.
Sponsored