• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Aftermarket Sound System

LBrihm03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt premium
wiring is different the colors don’t match from what you sent. I’ve been looking but I’ll get the full detail at a car audio shop tomorrow.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MustangMan72

MustangMan72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
wiring is different the colors don’t match from what you sent. I’ve been looking but I’ll get the full detail at a car audio shop tomorrow.
Please share with the thread if you find the updated schematic for the S650.

OP
OP
MustangMan72

MustangMan72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
For those who are not stereo connoisseurs (I must not be) and who just want a decent stereo, the B&O has been very acceptable by my wife and me. We have a GT convertible, so there is quite a bit of noise going down the interstate at 70mph with the top down, and you can still clearly hear the music and words along with the bass. I don't know how it compares to the base stereo, and I have never had a high end aftermarket stereo, so maybe I don't know what I am missing. But the B&O is serving me well. But like people have said, you just need to go test drive the cars with different stereos to see if there are good enough for you.
I appreciate and agree with your assessment. However, I would add you don't know until you know! Now that you own and have driven a Mustang GT a Prius would never satisfy you. Yes, it gets you from point a to point b and is fuel efficient but it doesn't get your juices flowing. The Prius lacks excitement and always leaves you wanting more. And like a pretty girl, the high end/customized Mustang requires a little more care and attention but man does it excite you!

Boykin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible; 2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I appreciate and agree with your assessment. However, I would add you don't know until you know! Now that you own and have driven a Mustang GT a Prius would never satisfy you. Yes, it gets you from point a to point b and is fuel efficient but it doesn't get your juices flowing. The Prius lacks excitement and always leaves you wanting more. And like a pretty girl, the high end/customized Mustang requires a little more care and attention but man does it excite you!
I guess I will have to agree with you on that point. My wallet is thankful that I haven’t heard good audio. But I agree that once you had good, you don’t want to go back.

OP
OP
MustangMan72

MustangMan72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Best way to describe the B&O is.....

If you are not an audiophile, then it will be good enough for you. Maybe even impress you.

If you are, or just like LOUD music and bass, in general, it will not satisfy you.

As mentioned, it is clear and crisp if you will, but just doesn't have the volume or punch needed.

I have a Skar Audio EVL 12 D2 in a custom birch box, Skar Audio 1500.1M and Audio Control LC7i that I will likely be adding to mine. For now, the rest of the B&O will suffice. My only qualm is, I do not want to really put that very heavy sub and enclosure in the trunk, and boat anchor the car LOL. I was looking at the JL Stealth box option. Not sure if that will hit hard enough for my tastes.

Nice install to the OP
I have seen several custom sub enclosures made in the little nooks in the trunk area but never heard one in person. They look nice and take up minimal space and should sound pretty good as long as the subs have adequate air space and enough power to drive them at optimum levels. Here is a great step by step video of how to make your own fiberglass enclosures for the trunk. This guy does a great job and they look nice. He goes into great detail with helpful hints along the way. 6 videos in total from start to finish.

Thought I would share a photo of my 1991 Mustang GT that I used to compete with. It is Stealth when closed and covered but highly custom with actuators.
S650 Mustang S650 Aftermarket Sound System 20210116_170359

S650 Mustang S650 Aftermarket Sound System 20210116_170350

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Is there an easy way to add a powered sub to a base system?

OP
OP
MustangMan72

MustangMan72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Is there an easy way to add a powered sub to a base system?
Unfortunately there is no easy plug and play option to add a sub to a base model. Granted its not very hard to add an amp and subs if your comfortable running and splicing wires. If your on a budget, Skar Audio has plenty of what they call loaded base packages that come with everything you need minus a line outpit converter. They do have line output converters. The SKE2LOC would be the one you want. This gives you several options like using detected signal on speaker leads as remote turn on. Here is a link:
https://www.skaraudio.com/collections/evl-series-loaded-enclosures-and-subwoofer-bass-packages

If your looking for more high end audio a custom solution is the only way to go.

I realize you don't have a factory sub but just for reference, the JL Audio Stealthbox is one of the more popular options. However, this is a direct replacement for the factory sub which you don't have. Here is the American Muscle link with nice descriptive video.
https://www.americanmuscle.com/stea...FljjD811oFLelR3bTKBoCo6MQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Yeah I actually figured that JL would work with a high output line splice and p/g/r.

gonna do some more research, maybe 1 high quality 10 is enough

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Call me old school, but I dont like bass thumping/trunk rattling SPL.

If someone is adding anything other then a 8" sub, they are going for a way different audio experience then anything that a OEM audio will be able to provide.

I think a good audio system should be judged by the quality, refinement, and accuracy at which it can produce its sound, not the noise level it can produce.

OP
OP
MustangMan72

MustangMan72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

If someone is adding anything other ed" sub, they are going for a way different audio experience then anything that a OEM audio will be able to provide.

I think a good audio system should be judged by the quality, refinement, and accuracy at which it can produce its sound, not the noise level it can produce.
RJV15,
I respect the comments but let me clarify a few things. I am all about sound quality, staging and imagiging. Not sure how you interpreted the thread as a bass driven/SPL as the main focus. In order to create a proper sound stage you have to have all the elements present. Mids, highs and bass. If any are missing then your experience will be less than optimal. There is so much that goes into it you almost need a PHD in sound to properly understand. There is an entire industry dedicated to car audio and user experience.

As many have stated, each user has their own likes, dislikes, and expectations. Do whatever makes you happy. I just want everyone to be happy with their Mustang regardless of whether or not I personally like what was done.

All that being said, the B&O system that comes with the S650 lacks the basic tuning and elements needed to make the overall experience pleasant to the masses. It is sub par at best. A simple DSP or 24 band eq would have been great. Not to mention maybe a separate adjustment for the subwoofer.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10

If someone is adding anything other then a 8" sub, they are going for a way different audio experience then anything that a OEM audio will be able to provide.

I'm with you, I judge a system by the soundstage and the detail, not the volume. For one, I want to keep my ears healthy so I can enjoy the sound. Moreover I can't think of anything more ridiculous than pumping so much bass that you can't hear the music for the rattling of the rear deck.

Having said that, I personally like 12" subs. They seem to naturally speak the rich deep tones I covet. Dual 10" also. A single 8"? Eeeh, you would need like 6" excursion to get there, and space is tight...

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
RJV15,
I respect the comments but let me clarify a few things. I am all about sound quality, staging and imagiging. Not sure how you interpreted the thread as a bass driven/SPL as the main focus. In order to create a proper sound stage you have to have all the elements present. Mids, highs and bass. If any are missing then your experience will be less than optimal. There is so much that goes into it you almost need a PHD in sound to properly understand. There is an entire industry dedicated to car audio and user experience.

As many have stated, each user has their own likes, dislikes, and expectations. Do whatever makes you happy. I just want everyone to be happy with their Mustang regardless of whether or not I personally like what was done.

All that being said, the B&O system that comes with the S650 lacks the basic tuning and elements needed to make the overall experience pleasant to the masses. It is sub par at best. A simple DSP or 24 band eq would have been great. Not to mention maybe a separate adjustment for the subwoofer.
I honestly feel Ford's base. and even 9 speaker in the 301a cars are set so low on the bar, so the B&O will seem like an upgrade to most. It is certainly better than what was considered an upgrade back in the day.. IE JBL Audio system and the older mach systems.

Steadyvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang ecoboost
I think most buyers are dissapointed with B & O nameplate that Ford is very high on the marketing side (myself included on the similar system on F150 Lightning Lariat ER) , no bass, no highs , no lows, just pure mediocre sound . If it's advertised as Ford Premium or Ford Hi-Fi , things will probably be a bit different . But Ford keeps advertise it as premium B & O (very respectable name among audiophiles).

IMO they shouldve just use the unleashed system (minus some speakers) on the upgraded trim and leave B & O 12 speakers system as standard for all the GT Premium.

Best analogy would be old Maserati keeps advertising their engine as "Ferrari Made or Ferrari inspired" , but anyone who had experiences with real Ferrari engine would understand this is borderline false advertising.
Just curious, B & O advertised as 12 speakers. I counted and I just can't account for 12 speakers. I only counted 10. Maybe I'm missing something. Anyone know the exact placement of all 12 speakers?

jaykoolzboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lightning ER, Hyundai Kona EV, BMW iX 50
Just curious, B & O advertised as 12 speakers. I counted and I just can't account for 12 speakers. I only counted 10. Maybe I'm missing something. Anyone know the exact placement of all 12 speakers?
I can't find the 24 mustang premium b&o layout , but I think its very similar to the MME with 2 more speakers behind rear passenger seats.

S650 Mustang S650 Aftermarket Sound System speaker locations

Steadyvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang ecoboost
I can't find the 24 mustang premium b&o layout , but I think its very similar to the MME with 2 more speakers behind rear passenger seats.

speaker locations.png
Thanks for the diagram. I accounted for the 2 behind the rear passenger seat. It's the two mid woofers that I'm not seeing. I have to go back out and look a little harder, maybe I just overlooked.
Sponsored