• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Research and Preparation while Waiting...

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I'm still at least more than a year away from purchasing a GT, possibly longer. I've decided on what I'd most likely get (oxford white 301A with space grey interior, auto, active exhaust, spare tire) as well as an ideal build (400A with the above options plus the B&O system, possibly California Special). I've test driven a '24 GT once, and while I was impressed for the most part, I'm not quite convinced to go all in yet (thus the "possibly longer").

My main concern is with all the A/C controls being exclusively on the touchscreen. While I'm typically a "set it and forget it" kind of guy with it, every once in a while I will have to adjust the settings while driving. I forgot to see if this would be a regular problem during my test drive. Part of me hopes it's just something I could eventually get used to with time, but the other part of me isn't so sure.

And then there's insurance. I pay around $500 every six months for my EcoBoost (which, also of note, I'll be done paying off in August of 2025---I bought it new in 2019). How much should I expect my insurance to go up if I upgrade to a GT?

I know I'll have more questions as I go. But in the meantime, what else should I be doing to prepare to purchase a GT? And are there any other questions I need to ask myself about this future endeavor?
Sponsored

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
The AC thing bothered me at first as Iā€™m use to buttons and knobs and Iā€™ll admit are easier to use than the mustangs. Iā€™m use to it now but Iā€™d prefer the knobs and buttons as I can use them while looking at the road. You canā€™t adjust the controls without looking at the screen in the mustang.

our insurance went up a couple hundreds dollars. However, the car we traded in was an ā€˜08 and not nearly as much to replace as this car. Your agent will be able to give you a precise number when you talk to them.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
98% of the time, adjusting the climate control unit is nothing more than pressing the voice control button on the steering wheel and saying, "SET TEMPERATURE TO NN DEGREES".

Done.

I don't push buttons or tap screens very often, as I run in AUTO mode. The few times I do it, those buttons are already on the screen @ the bottom in the '24.

Insurance: You can't compare insurance to anyone on these forums. Way too many variables from risk group, where you live, credit score, age, claim history, etc.. If I told you I paid $2,200 per year with perfect driving record and age 57 (I do/am) but someone else told you they pay half that with the exact same driving record and age, it is meaningless. You simply need to call and get quotes for yourself and compare between companies. Beyond that, only you can decide how much is "too much" or "just right" when it comes to annual or monthly premiums.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
yeah i find it pretty intuitive, sure some people like knobs but 99% of the time its a "set it and forget it" system, like Roadpilot said you also have voice controls for adjusting on the move, and the controls for heated and cooled seats can also work like the old button system where tapping the screen adjusts it by one level, or you can use the slider.

OP
OP
BoostRabbitGT

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I had forgotten insurance costs have so many variables involved in them. And I definitely didn't know the A/C could be adjusted via voice commands. Is that standard across Mustangs or just for the Premium trims?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had forgotten insurance costs have so many variables involved in them. And I definitely didn't know the A/C could be adjusted via voice commands. Is that standard across Mustangs or just for the Premium trims?
That, and many other things, are standard across many Ford vehicles for many years.

For those who many not know:

1. Press and immediately release the steering wheel voice command button and you're giving voice commands to the vehicle (Sync).

2. Press and HOLD (until the beep) the steering wheel voice command button and you're now giving commands to Siri or Google Assistant (assuming your phone is connected via CarPlay or Android Auto).

The Ford Assistant has it's own set of voice commands, while talking to Siri (through CarPlay) or Google Assistant (through Android Auto) uses those appropriate voice commands, no different than talking to your phone.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I'm attaching several threads you can bookmark for later, if you've not already done so.

Along with that, staying plugged into the site here, to maintain awareness.

Regarding insurance, you should be able to call or go on-line with your company and run hypotheticals. It'll give you the price for today, so you get at least some feedback. As the date gets closer, you can run them again to get the most current price.

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/guide-for-newcomers-ordering-vehicles-at-the-dealer.157583/

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/new-car-acceptance-checklist.158844/

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/tsbs-ssms-and-recalls-for-the-24-mustang.157809/

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/beginnerā€™s-buying-guide-washing-detailing-essentials-list.161072/

OP
OP
BoostRabbitGT

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Thanks everyone! Here's my next set of questions:

1. Compared to my EcoBoost, the '24 GT I test drove had significantly louder road noise whenever loose dirt/gravel hit the undercarriage (from what I could tell). Of note, this GT had the Performance Pack without Magneride (a 301A model). Is this usually the case with PP Mustangs, and if so would there be any significant difference with non-PP Mustangs as far as noise levels down there would be concerned?

2. For the automatic, would the 3.15 gear ratio be better for daily city driving than the 3.55? (My daily commute is 5-10 min./5-6 miles)

I anticipate having more questions later but for now this should suffice. Once again, thank you to everyone who replied to my questions, I'll definitely keep your input in mind.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For your drive, rear gear ratio is irrelevant. Go 3.55.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
BoostRabbitGT

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Where are good places online to look for wheel/tire combinations? (Not sure if I want to get a set of winters since I currently don't plan to visit up north regularlu and I live somewhere that doesn't get snow. Maybe a set of better all-season tires? Or a set of performance tires that will survive 40-50 degree weather?)

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where are good places online to look for wheel/tire combinations? (Not sure if I want to get a set of winters since I currently don't plan to visit up north regularlu and I live somewhere that doesn't get snow. Maybe a set of better all-season tires? Or a set of performance tires that will survive 40-50 degree weather?)
If it stays above 40F, your tire choices are essentially endless.

For wheels, I really like some options from one of our forum sponsors, @Project6GR Wheels.

OP
OP
BoostRabbitGT

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
If it stays above 40F, your tire choices are essentially endless.

For wheels, I really like some options from one of our forum sponsors, @Project6GR Wheels.
Interesting. Thank you again. What would be considered cheap yet reliable wheel brands? (So far I've seen multiple ENKEI and MSW rims which interest me the most, along with some brand called "Sport Performance" and/or "Sport Tuning".)
Sponsored