• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Lots of gravel and dirt noise while driving

Sawaiz23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Just wanted to get on here and ask if anyone else is experiencing this, i took delivery of my s650 about two weeks ago and have noticed that when i am driving i hear a lot of dirt/whatever is on the road getting kicked up. I previously had a 17 eco and never experienced this so was just wondering if i am overthinking or if this is an issue.
Sponsored

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Just wanted to get on here and ask if anyone else is experiencing this, i took delivery of my s650 about two weeks ago and have noticed that when i am driving i hear a lot of dirt/whatever is on the road getting kicked up. I previously had a 17 eco and never experienced this so was just wondering if i am overthinking or if this is an issue.
Do you have the sticky summer only tires? I have notices similar behavior on mine and figure it has to do with the tires. My tires are pulling up the old garage floor coating, granted it's at least 10 years old and never before actually had a car parked on it, but I can now see concrete again where my front tires sit.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Have you tried not driving on dirt and gravel :wink:

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Yes, when I am on a road with any debris it kicks up under the tires and is why I have 2 rock chips on the driver side rear quarter panel. I only drive on paved roads, but gravel is everywhere.

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Yeah I notice it when I have the stereo off. Not a huge deal for me since I rarely drive with the stereo down/off but I did pick up some sound deadening material for the cargo area. Thereā€™s basically nothing back there from the factory so weā€™ll see how much it helps.

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
I have the HPP with the Pirelli P Zeros... found a nice twisty road to try the car out... after a few minutes it sounded like I was driving on gravel. The tires warmed up enough to pick up everything on the road... in fact the country roads around here are chip seal type roads, so I suspect I may have been lifting gravel right out of the road itself! I didn't keep the P Zeros on the car very long, put all season tires on right away.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT
I have the HPP with the Pirelli P Zeros... found a nice twisty road to try the car out... after a few minutes it sounded like I was driving on gravel. The tires warmed up enough to pick up everything on the road... in fact the country roads around here are chip seal type roads, so I suspect I may have been lifting gravel right out of the road itself! I didn't keep the P Zeros on the car very long, put all season tires on right away.
I thought the P Zeros were all season?

accharger66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'65 Nova Wagon, '71 Demon, '19 GT350, '69 GTS Dart
Yeah, I've only driven mine 400 miles and have about 20 rock chips on the quarter panels. Front tires pick up everything and throw it at the side of the car. Of course the high quality, pristine CA roads have nothing to do with that.

Last edited:

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
I thought the P Zeros were all season?
Mine state "Temperature A" on the side wall, so summer tires not meant for use in temperatures less than 45 degrees. Not sure how strict that is if your garage is well over 50 and you go out for a drive which will heat the tires. I'm new to summer tires so maybe I am optimistic on when I can drive my car during the Texas "winter" months.

Last edited:

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My old Mustang came with summer tires, forgot what exactly they were, and I had no choice but to drive it. Drove it year-round, maybe not the best decision. But I've never had any experience with tires kicking up any gravel, damaging quarter panels, or anything like that. Just normal driving experience, not the best traction. *Drove it all throughout the Tri-state area with no issues.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Yeah, I've only driven mine 400 miles and have about 20 rock chips on the quarter panels. Front tires pick up everything and throw it at the side of the car. Of course the high quality, pristine CA roads have nothing to do with that.
šŸ˜‚ love the high quality pristine CA roads. I got some ZL1 addons rock guards asap when i got my ride. I donā€™t have any issues down the side.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
OP it is your tires. It also doesn't help that on the S650 gen somehow there is are square holes in the fender liners behind the front wheels. Why Ford did this is still a mystery - but needless to say the tires you have on the new car kick up gravel and then debris gets kicked up through the holes and hits the metal inside under your passenger compartment. It will be louder than your 2017 EcoBoost as they didn't have these strange openings in the fender liners.

If you care to close them up you can do some DIY fixes or just get some front mudguards and that should help block debris from getting in there - but mainly it is the tires that are causing the gravel sound.
Sponsored