• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Remote revving

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
It is illegal to drive around without a destination? 2 questions, how will kids learn to drive with their parents in a parking lot or around the block? And how could they inforce that?
Well, law and reality don‘t always go hand in hand… Like I said before it’s almost impossible to inforce it unless you’re a car poser… Especially in western Germany there are quite a few morons that drive around in their AMG’s and all they ever do is driving the same street up and down. Sometimes they stop at a café or more likely a hookah lounge/shisha bar and that’s pretty much it. I know for a fact that it is quite common among those people to lease an AMG with up to four or five people. Everyone gets to drive it around town for a weekend while the rest is either standing by or sitting in the car as well…
Different cultural heritage I guess but that’s how they get ‘busted’ by the police – driving the same route for hours, visiting the same places several times a day… But to be honest in most cases the police can’t do much unless it’s very obvious.

Regarding your other question: we don’t learn it that way – at least not officially. If you want a driver license you have to take classes and driving lessons at a ‘professional’ driving school. I think you have to take at least 30 lessons before you can attempt the theoretical and practical exams. Others take up to 90 or even more lessons.
You might guess it but it’s illegal to practice driving with your kid if you’re not a professional instructor. You can practice with your kid if it’s below 18 and has passed the driving exam as kids (below 18) are not allowed to drive without an experienced front-seat passenger until they are 18. The front-seat passenger also has to be registered as such and has to have a very limited number of driving-reprimands…
Oh and if your pass your exam with an AT you’re not allowed to drive MT cars.

Welcome to Germany…

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Oh and if your pass your exam with an AT you’re not allowed to drive MT cars.

Welcome to Germany…
which bolsters my contention that a certain philosophy that caused a bit of chaos a while back, is really just a small twist of the cultural norms of the population. Same could be said of a certain island nation in the Pacific.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Remote revving to me is a joke. What purpose does it serve? In any event some Yahoos will love it. If you want to show off and rev the crap out of your engine that's fine. Why take a chance and spin a bearing just to say you can. Starting the engine let's everyone know there's a lot under the hood.
In any event here is the plan. I am going to my dealer after the new year to start the order process for a new 2024 GT Premium. I am aware you cannot order until mid-summer.
My choice of color as stated is Rapid Red with spoiler delete. Black interior with red seat panels.
10 speed auto with rear ratio TBD. Pretty much all the bells and whistles. Also if you can still order a rear spare and not the blow up box. Active exhaust is also on the menu. I personally think the new Mustang with spoiler delete is as clean and aggressive looking as you can get. I don't want my new ride looking like a Honda Civic. Also my car will be a D/D as all my cars have been. I will not track my car as I take a dim view of destroying $300.00 tires for an hour of fun. But that is just me. I'll be 80 years old and want to possibly drive the last of the V8 powered Mustangs.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Just heard that there is a video on YouTube showing Remote Revving working on manual car. It can be turned on and off as well adjusted for rev limit used the swipe function of the new HUD.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
…It can be turned on and off as well adjusted for rev limit used the swipe function of the new HUD.
That’s pretty cool; I was wondering how high it would rev.

Do you have a link to the video?

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
Am I missing something - what the hell is remote revving ...? pardon my ignorance and fill me in here please -thanks (don't be mean)

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Am I missing something - what the hell is remote revving ...? pardon my ignorance and fill me in here please -thanks (don't be mean)
a new gimmick feature for those with the 10 speed auto that lets you press a button on your key FOB to get the car to go through the rev range without you being in the car. its purely a showoff feature

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
Good Golly Miss Molly - really 🤷‍♂️ and people are getting the auto for that ...? Geeeeeez a tad misguided I would say - ? Tremec - keep the revving, but I do like the rev matching 🤣

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
i mean its not WHY im getting an auto, but its a pretty funny gimmick that will definitely get me to use it a bunch
Same here, not the reason i got the auto, but yeah, im gonna use it 😁