• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Recent deliveries and holes

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
If you're not going to use the DIYVan fix, then I strongly urge you to use (wide) Flex-Seal tape. That shit is completely waterproof and sticks to everything. You can even apply it when things are wet. It stays put. I cannot say the same for duct tape, including that Gorilla Tape -- which is exactly what I used on mine and that DID fall off at some point during my ~300 miles on the vehicle (I installed it when dry).
Just wondering if you used this Gorilla tape that I bought? If so, I'll return it and get some Flex-Seal tape. The Gorilla tape I bought says it's waterproof so I assumed it's similar to Flex Seal but maybe I'm mistaken.

Here's the tape I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-4612...6&sprefix=4"+x+10'+gorill,aps,148&sr=8-3&th=1
Sponsored

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
I think direction of taping and extent, plays a big role.
That gorilla tape has same specs as flex seal tape…. Maybe different quality and strength of adhesive

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I think direction of taping and extent, plays a big role.
That gorilla tape has same specs as flex seal tape…. Maybe different quality and strength of adhesive
Now I'm debating if it's worth returning the Gorilla tape I bought and buying the Flex Seal tape if the specs are the same it's probably not worth it. Like you mentioned it may indeed have to do with the how one tapes the holes. It still boggles my mind that here we are talking about the best way to duct tape holes on $50K + Mustangs....

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Now I'm debating if it's worth returning the Gorilla tape I bought and buying the Flex Seal tape if the specs are the same it's probably not worth it. Like you mentioned it may indeed have to do with the how one tapes the holes. It still boggles my mind that here we are talking about the best way to duct tape holes on $50K + Mustangs....
True, it’s ridiculous, specially that Ford probably won’t address it anytime soon.

rkmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'31 Chrysler, '59 Galaxie, & now '24 Mustang GT
I had these leftover from another project, cut one in half and it fit the face of the hole nicely (didn't try to tuck it under). They've been on since November (Driven a dozen or more times) and holding strong. Kind of looks like the underbody so hardly noticeable. Only thing is I don't drive it in the rain/snow.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KYS9M69

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
I will when I get home.
Not the greatest angle but it covers all but a small portion of it. This side still holding strong after 2000 miles or so but the other side came off recently.
I’ll either go the flex tape route or the DIY van route. Most likely the van kit as it’s a permanent fix and looks more professional than the tape route. The idea of tape just doesn’t sit well with me. And it’s $100 which isn’t a big deal to me.

S650 Mustang Recent deliveries and holes IMG_6154

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They jacked the price up from $75. Glad I got it when I did. Now I need a Mustang to put them on.
Just ordered mine @ $94. Hey, everybody has to make a buck, right? :)

Reactions: DCS
OP
OP
Gr8ful

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
It's a good kit. At that price you can olt go out to eat twice. So its all relative.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Should reimburse this out of their underbody design team, what a silly mistake, unless it’s left open intentionally and we’re screwing up by closing it.

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab
Should reimburse this out of their underbody design team, what a silly mistake, unless it’s left open intentionally and we’re screwing up by closing it.
🤔

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Exactly
That is the big question that we have not been able to get Ford to answer.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a good kit. At that price you can olt go out to eat twice. So its all relative.
Took the wife and youngest daugther out to Easter brunch on Sunday. $135. Yikes!

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
So when I picked up my car, I took the under shields off. Removed all all the under shields removed all the rocks. Used... this...https://www.autozone.com/greases-and-gear-oil/multi-purpose-anti-rust-lube/p/fluid-film-powerful-rust-corrosion-protection-aerosol-spray-11-75oz/253803_0_0?cmpid=LIA:US:EN:AD:NL:1000000:pER:19488533498&&CATARGETID=120054150001289410&CADevice=m&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw_LOwBhBFEiwAmSEQAQY_XHJigDLgbLoTg-ViZU7TZhRE4vjCfUPOezG_k-xnABKBNgHMexoChkEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I coated everything suspension and all, having a lift helps. Put the shields back on. When and if we find out this hole is by design, I feel like I am protected. I live in New England. I don't drive in the snow but all ways salt dust after the roads are treated. Keeps everything rust free underneath like new. 2 and a half cans did the entire under body. I turn my own wrenches, this makes it nicer to work on down the road. Once a year treatment. Home Depot also has it. Safe for anything, doesn't have any solvent.
Sponsored