• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Quiet Start

rubbertoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I can't get my base 2024 650 to start with the exhaust in quiet mode. I have tried and tried and no matter what I do the car still starts up in loud mode. I have tried driving home in each mode with exhaust in quiet mode. Still starts in loud. I have set quiet start in settings and it does nothing.
I have resorted to starting my car with the garage door closed and pushing the pony button to select quiet and that works but why can't I just set the car to start in quiet mode ? I am not trying to set quiet start between certain times by the clock, I want it to always start in quite mode.
Can any one help me please. Thanks, Robert
Sponsored

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Are you setting the correct times for it to be in quite mode?

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Isn't there a separate setting for quiet start? It's not emough just to have the quiet mode on when you shutdown the car.

OP
OP
rubbertoe

rubbertoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yes there is a quiet mode setting in settings. I have that enabled and turned on to no effect.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Me either, like it always remote starts on normalā€¦ huge oversight by ford

to get quiet start you have to be in the car and push the button.

@Ford Motor Company

can we get this OTAUā€™d??

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
the fact it doesnt remote start on quiet sounds like a bug on Ford's end, nothing you can really do about it until they put out an OTA update to fix it

dbtgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I am not trying to set quiet start between certain times by the clock, I want it to always start in quite mode.
Can any one help me please. Thanks, Robert
Unfortunately, AFAIK, you must have the quiet mode set by times in order for it to work upon start-up. Just set your times as wide apart as it allows and you should be OK. For whatever reason, it seems to be by Ford's design...

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Unfortunately, AFAIK, you must have the quiet mode set by times in order for it to work upon start-up. Just set your times as wide apart as it allows and you should be OK. For whatever reason, it seems to be by Ford's design...
^ This.

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
I have set up the quiet start times to basically all day, so it will always start quiet...but the cold start is loud as hell! (i love it, the hubby, not so much! :cool: )
It takes around 30s for the revs to go down and be really quiet.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Remote start does not start in quiet mode even if setup too, but as soon as you get in the car an push the start button quiet mode enables

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Edit: So, re-reading the OP's post and correcting myself, he's confirmed AE is physically working, as he can engage Quiet Mode by selecting the feature while in the car.

As others have mentioned, he might just need to set the schedule. I didn't notice it in the 2024 manual, but in the 2022, the window can be from one-to-24 hours in duration. If it still doesn't work even after setting the schedule, @roket might be correct: a possible software fault by Ford. Seems to be operating for at least one or two others.

From Page 410 of the Owners Manual:

EXHAUST MODE (IF EQUIPPED)
Allows you to change how loud your exhaust is. You can choose from one of four settings.

Quiet Start

Minimizes exhaust noise when you start the vehicle. You can set a schedule for when you want quiet start to be on.

To access the quiet start menu:
1. Press Settings on the touchscreen.
2. Press Vehicle.
3. Press Quiet Start.

From the menu, you can do the following:
ā€¢ Switch quiet start on or off.
ā€¢ Set the schedule.

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
It takes around 30s for the revs to go down and be really quiet.
Yes, it's a bit quieter, but not by much in the first 30s. Everyones' perception is going to be a bit different.

I re-visited the topic this morning. I've read three points, all of which make sense, with the most weight going to the first below:

- When cold, fuel in the engine does not vaporize or atomize as well as when the engine is hot. The car effectively engages the choke, to add more fuel to the engine to compensate. The higher RPM on start also helps bring temps up in the cylinders quicker

- The exhaust system is cleared of any condensation, the cats and O2 sensors are heated up faster than they would otherwise

- With all parts along the exhaust being cold, the exhaust would have a brief moment to escape any of the smallest gaps, before things come up to temp

If you have anyone close-by with a GT500, listen to one during it's cold start :giggle:; they shriek to life. :rockon:

Last edited:

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
You're car is listed as a GT. Is the car equipped with the Active Exhaust option (GT option 19X, from the Order Guide)? You don't mention that. AFAIK, Quiet Mode will only engage if you have and AE-equipped car.

If it does have AE:

When you switch from one driving mode to another, like from Normal to Sport+ or temporarily to Track, do you notice a change in the tone of the exhaust? You should. Once you change from one mode to another, AE should adapt to that mode. If the exhaust note changes, this gives us confidence the AE actuators are working.

There's logical and physical. As @Rocket mentioned, you could be dealing with a software bug. The dealer could confirm.

But you could also be dealing with a physical issue, with the actuators or the wiring. There have been cases where the connectors are not attached well or the wiring is too close to the exhaust and is damaged.

With the car so new and still under warranty, I wouldn't do anything more than a visual inspection. I'd schedule an appointment with the dealer.

From Page 410 of the Owners Manual:

EXHAUST MODE (IF EQUIPPED)
Allows you to change how loud your exhaust is. You can choose from one of four settings.

Quiet Start

Minimizes exhaust noise when you start the vehicle. You can set a schedule for when you want quiet start to be on.

To access the quiet start menu:
1. Press Settings on the touchscreen.
2. Press Vehicle.
3. Press Quiet Start.
From the menu, you can do the following:
ā€¢ Switch quiet start on or off.
ā€¢ Set the schedule.
The quiet remote start on my 2020 Shelby was only loud on initial start then went into quiet mode. My 2024 on remote start with quiet mode enabled does not go into quiet mode until I get in the car and push start button.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Remote start does not start in quiet mode even if setup too, but as soon as you get in the car an push the start button quiet mode enables
I don't have the feature as I have a manual, but was interested in what you've witnessed. I captured this from Page 117 of the Owners Manual and wonder if that's why it is not engaging:

"Note: All other vehicle systems remain off when you have remotely started the vehicle."

Just a thought. I'm spit-balling. But I agree, it'd be nice if Quiet Mode worked during Remote Start.
Sponsored