• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Quality is not job One at Flatrock

OP
OP

wolf32v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
My Gt350 had no where near the Quality issue the 2024 has that I have seen. That rear bumper cover is not wright on the 2024.
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
My Gt350 had no where near the Quality issue the 2024 has that I have seen. That rear bumper cover is not wright on the 2024.
You should have seen my 2015 Limited Edition that they claimed to have paid so much special attention too. It was horrible. Same with my 2020 GT500. This is nothing different. My 2024 has one issue on gaps that was fixed at body shop in a couple hours

Maverick128

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Ecoboost In Atlas Blue with Nite Pony
This is all so worrying to me. I was planning on ordering this week for, hopefully, delivery in February or later and now you all have me questioning. I love Mustangs and don't really know what other car I'd want that's comparable to the Ecoboost at that price. I'm a big guy so a WRX or whatever doesn't work for me. I don't want an older Mustang now that I've been spoiled by Android Auto on a big screen. Looking at the previous model, the screen is a joke. I'm hoping that since it'd be Job 2, some of the bugs would have been worked out but now I don't know. Ugh.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
This is all so worrying to me. I was planning on ordering this week for, hopefully, delivery in February or later and now you all have me questioning. I love Mustangs and don't really know what other car I'd want that's comparable to the Ecoboost at that price. I'm a big guy so a WRX or whatever doesn't work for me. I don't want an older Mustang now that I've been spoiled by Android Auto on a big screen. Looking at the previous model, the screen is a joke. I'm hoping that since it'd be Job 2, some of the bugs would have been worked out but now I don't know. Ugh.
Other than the motor šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ my 2024 has had hardly any panel gap or asthetic issues.. Its just the motor but that should be corrected shortly

GTPony24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang by convertible
That is why I wait on order of second batches arriving mid next year, hopefully things are found and fixed by then. What colour did you get ? Kinda sucks how we don't get the black spoiler in the Nite package but at least the active exhaust is stock standards.
That is why I wait on order of second batches arriving mid next year, hopefully things are found and fixed by then. What colour did you get ? Kinda sucks how we don't get the black spoiler in the Nite package but at least the active exhaust is stock standards.
I have been a Mustang fan for over 5 decades. The quality issues I have seen on the new 2024 Mustang coming out of Flatrock are just terrible. The hoods do not line up with the fenders at all. One side of the hood will almost be touching the fender corner then the other side of the hood has a gap wider than the Mississippi river. My saleman and I are both Mustang fans he has one on order and I'am looking for one to buy. But after seeing the quality Flatrock is putting out its really is disheartening. We both were just shaking are heads and could not believe the workmanship being put into these cars. Rear bumper caps have ripples in them where the side of the cover fits to the body and looks like an aftermarket bumper cover not an OEM quality bumper cover. I seen such bad trunk gaps it looks like some kid off the street put the trunk on. I drove one and fell in love with it and should have bought that one because it was the only one that looked like any care was put into it, just did not like the color. If I would have know that most suffer from poor workmanship I would have just bought it. I think Ford really needs to step up the quality in that plant when your paying 60+ it should not look like it was in wreak and just came out of the body shop. The UAW should be ashamed of the quality they are putting out. I hope with this pay raise they get their act together and start paying some attenution to what they are doing because no one is doing any inspections on these cars to have so many quality issues that I see. Who ever is doing the hoods, bumper covers, front end caps and trunks needs to find another job and quit messing up this icon the Mustang and have a little pride in your work people. Sorry for the rant it really is just shocking the quality they are putting out. I really love this Mustang and want one bad but just cannot do it with the workmanship they are putting into them. Hope they get better because I really would like to get one soon.
thereā€™s definitely truth to this. My GT came with exactly what youā€™re talking about with the front hood and the trunk and my bumper cover does have a tiny little gap that seems to be opening more. Hereā€™s the good news, if the gaps are ridiculous, the dealership service department should be contracted with a local body shop that is familiar with Ford models. Thatā€™s what I did and while itā€™s not perfect, my panel gaps were drastically improved enough that theyā€™re mostly gone now.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
You guys seem to understand the business model. It is calculated that warranty repairs or repairs for small issues cost less than any downtime.

if you lost over $10,000 in under a minute to ā€œstop the lineā€ and fix something over and over again there would be no cars.

Btw my cars paint, fit and finish was FLAWLESS.
So itā€™s not all wonky panels and complaints.
Same here.

So is a BMW, Kia, Hyundai, Toyota, etc.
I posted a number of examples of those OEMs having similar quality problems.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I wouldn't worry about it. I haven't had any issues with my car yet *knock on wood*. You see more posts about problems than posts without problems so that really skews the perception. Nothing is perfect though. Two weeks ago I drove a rental VW Jetta that had 100 miles on it and it had a nasty rattle somewhere in the back.

John S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
3000 staff cuts from Ford Blue business unit (ICE vehicles) in August 2022, massive retirements in Nov-2022 for lump sum pension distributions, 1000 more forced staff layoffs in Ford Blue this past August, what more could you expect?!! Flat Rock's plant manager was also transferred to the Rouge EV operations last year just as production readiness trials and S650 pilot builds were in progress. Gutting Ford Blue's ICE programs and staffing and shifting resources and budgets to Ford's Model e business unit to concentrate on EV development is no way to run a balanced business. Continuous recalls and shoddy quality have become the norm at Ford and Mr. Ford and Farley seem clueless on what it takes to consistently manufacture quality products, EV or ICE.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Well first of all the design of the hood is retarded. That 3-angle corner on each side makes it look terrible and it's also nearly impossible to line it up perfectly with the grille and both fenders. Stupid design on Ford's part.

The '24 I looked at when my dealer got it in had wrinkled leather seats inside. I was like, really? For $50k I'd get to look at those wrinkles and poor stitching every single day?

Prices went up, performance stayed neutral, and quality went down. The cherry on top is that hideous digital screen setup that looks like an afterthought. Remind me again why anybody would sell a S197 or S500 to get one of these?

s3ltz3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT
If I buy a $50K car, it should not be expected of me to properly align the panels after delivery. This is wild to say the least. Warranty or no warranty that's still time out of my personal schedule to fix these factory defects.

The first thing I checked on my S550 were the body panel alignments. Since I didn't custom order it, I got a good look at it at the dealership before spending the money. Thankfully, it has no issues whatsoever.

Why is it that other import car manufacturers don't have this issue? At the very least, it is much more less common.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
I have been a Mustang fan for over 5 decades. The quality issues I have seen on the new 2024 Mustang coming out of Flatrock are just terrible. The hoods do not line up with the fenders at all. One side of the hood will almost be touching the fender corner then the other side of the hood has a gap wider than the Mississippi river. My saleman and I are both Mustang fans he has one on order and I'am looking for one to buy. But after seeing the quality Flatrock is putting out its really is disheartening. We both were just shaking are heads and could not believe the workmanship being put into these cars. Rear bumper caps have ripples in them where the side of the cover fits to the body and looks like an aftermarket bumper cover not an OEM quality bumper cover. I seen such bad trunk gaps it looks like some kid off the street put the trunk on. I drove one and fell in love with it and should have bought that one because it was the only one that looked like any care was put into it, just did not like the color. If I would have know that most suffer from poor workmanship I would have just bought it. I think Ford really needs to step up the quality in that plant when your paying 60+ it should not look like it was in wreak and just came out of the body shop. The UAW should be ashamed of the quality they are putting out. I hope with this pay raise they get their act together and start paying some attenution to what they are doing because no one is doing any inspections on these cars to have so many quality issues that I see. Who ever is doing the hoods, bumper covers, front end caps and trunks needs to find another job and quit messing up this icon the Mustang and have a little pride in your work people. Sorry for the rant it really is just shocking the quality they are putting out. I really love this Mustang and want one bad but just cannot do it with the workmanship they are putting into them. Hope they get better because I really would like to get one soon.
The dealers need to complain to Ford. The dealers are the collective mouthpiece of the end user.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Dealers complain then ford corporate will act like ELON and have a temper tantrum and black list that dealership
Not when they all do it together. Then theyā€™ll have no choice but to address it. The Mustang club of America should say something about it also.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Take a look at the show "How It's Made- Dream Cars" to get an informative look into how a modern factory runs. I saw the episode with the Camaro the other day and it was quite amazing how everything is tracked throughout assembly using bar codes and computers checking things. Final assembly included the white glove inspection for body line mistakes etc... Quite impressive for a mass produced car, although I wouldn't call it *my* dream car. The episodes with more exotic cars are really insane though.. Worth a watch. They might be on YT.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
I agree with your quality points. I was just checking out the Doug DeMuro Youtube review of the Mustang DH and noticed the hood gaps on the that car. I say for a 70K+ car with these quality issues the FOMCO board should cut Farley's salary.

S650 Mustang Quality is not job One at Flatrock DeMuro_video_sna
Sponsored