• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Premium fuel for Mustang DH to be more expensive.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Then you bought a car above your means. Trade it for a Civic or a Corolla then fuel shouldn’t be a big deal.
I think making well over $200k a year I can afford it smart ass. My point was it's expensive to put 91 Octane or above in these cars that require it. Not everyone makes the kind of money that others do.

I have a brand new 2023 Last Call Dodge Charger ScatPack Wide-body that just came off the truck in Tampa waiting on me to go pick it up. I'm currently driving a ScatPack Widebody as well. I also have a 2024 Mustang GT ordered. I'm not worried about gas prices as both these cars along with my current one will never see anything less than 91 and most likely 93.

S650 Mustang Premium fuel for Mustang DH to be more expensive. 70602966533__F966AD1C-FA08-491B-B45F-9564CD586AF3

Oh, I had a 2020 GT500 that saw nothing but 93 Octane. Clearly I'm not driving a car above my means. I traded it because my grandkids love driving with papa and the backseat was too small for them. It was a fun car but not practical. I'd rather enjoy driving the loud car with my grandkids. Don't want or need a Civic or Corolla, fuel isn't a big deal for me. Not everyone is in the same boat.

S650 Mustang Premium fuel for Mustang DH to be more expensive. IMG_9005

I do however know people that buy cars not taking into account the cost of fuel when it was lower pre-Biden. Now those same cars sit because they can't afford gas. Did they buy a car above their means? Possibly, but gas was much cheaper for them at the time. Others have their weekend cruiser they drive that takes premium and the daily is a performance car.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Now those same cars sit because they can't afford gas. Did they buy a car above their means?
yeah, a lot of people buy cars based on what they can afford right now, then get 5 year loan terms without considering how much its going to cost in 5 years for the same car. especialy with the crazy circumstances with gas prices of the past few years, from the covid lockdown forcing gas stations to practically give the stuff away, compared to the invasion in Ukraine skyrocketing the prices today.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
yeah, a lot of people buy cars based on what they can afford right now, then get 5 year loan terms without considering how much its going to cost in 5 years for the same car. especialy with the crazy circumstances with gas prices of the past few years, from the covid lockdown forcing gas stations to practically give the stuff away, compared to the invasion in Ukraine skyrocketing the prices today.
Exactly. Hell, my own son bought a car I told him not to because it required premium fuel. He was 23 with money in his pocket so he had to have the car. Every time he bitches about how much the gas cost him I forward to him the text messages where I told him he could not afford the gas to put in it.....live and learn I guess.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
My point was it's expensive to put 91 Octane or above in these cars that require it
16 gallons x 0.4 = $6.40 extra per tank - a single Starbucks swill. Or roughly 10% more expensive. If you can't afford 93 you can't afford to drive any of these cars period - and need to instead buy a car that soundly beats the 10% surcharge in MPG improvements.

My Scat 6MT drinks 93 at a healthy clip but I'm still over 20MPG and I never use 6th gear even on the highway unless I'm over 70mph. Hemi's love to rev, just not as much as Coyote.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
16 gallons x 0.4 = $6.40 extra per tank - a single Starbucks swill. Or roughly 10% more expensive. If you can't afford 93 you can't afford to drive any of these cars period - and need to instead buy a car that soundly beats the 10% surcharge in MPG improvements.

My Scat 6MT drinks 93 at a healthy clip but I'm still over 20MPG and I never use 6th gear even on the highway unless I'm over 70mph.
Maybe you missed my other post to the guy with a similar comment as yours. I'm not talking about me. I am saying for someone that doesn't make as much money its expensive to fill up 3x a week, which I do. I'm not gentle with my car and I'm averaging closer to 16mpg unless I'm on the highway of course.

I'm talking more about people going from 87 octane cars like a Mustang GT to jumping into cars requiring premium fuel like a Dark Horse. Thats a much larger jump than $6.40

Some people get caught up in just wanting that car and don't think about the consequence of that change. They just see the shiny brass ring and want it. And then get shocked. Thats what my comment was related too.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Maybe you missed my other post to the guy with a similar comment as yours. I'm not talking about me. I am saying for someone that doesn't make as much money its expensive to fill up 3x a week, which I do.
and I'm not talking about 'you' personally either. I mean anyone considering a 400+HP car.
Paying 10% more for 91/93 over 87 is not expensive. Start paying 50% more and we're getting there.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Maybe you missed my other post to the guy with a similar comment as yours. I'm not talking about me. I am saying for someone that doesn't make as much money its expensive to fill up 3x a week, which I do. I'm not gentle with my car and I'm averaging closer to 16mpg unless I'm on the highway of course.

I'm talking more about people going from 87 octane cars like a Mustang GT to jumping into cars requiring premium fuel like a Dark Horse. Thats a much larger jump than $6.40

Some people get caught up in just wanting that car and don't think about the consequence of that change. They just see the shiny brass ring and want it. And then get shocked. Thats what my comment was related too.
My question is how much are you driving you need to fill up 3 times a week 😂

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
My question is how much are you driving you need to fill up 3 times a week 😂
Daily right now as I wait for the new company car that is apparently being held hostage in Mexico since 2/25/2023. The current company car my son is driving because his car requires premium and he doesn't always have the money. I warned him..... he didn't listen.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
According to the official Ford website1, the 2024 Mustang Dark Horse requires premium unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 91 or higher. Regular gas may cause engine knocking and damage over time.
Just because it’s official doesn’t mean it’s correct. Have you looked at build & price? 🤭

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Most coyote engines in the past the PCM will retard the timing and allow for lower octane fuel. You will loose hp. I'm not sure on the DH as it has a unique cam setup.

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hellcat Jailbreak
I think making well over $200k a year I can afford it smart ass. My point was it's expensive to put 91 Octane or above in these cars that require it. Not everyone makes the kind of money that others do.

I have a brand new 2023 Last Call Dodge Charger ScatPack Wide-body that just came off the truck in Tampa waiting on me to go pick it up. I'm currently driving a ScatPack Widebody as well. I also have a 2024 Mustang GT ordered. I'm not worried about gas prices as both these cars along with my current one will never see anything less than 91 and most likely 93.

70602966533__F966AD1C-FA08-491B-B45F-9564CD586AF3.jpeg

Oh, I had a 2020 GT500 that saw nothing but 93 Octane. Clearly I'm not driving a car above my means. I traded it because my grandkids love driving with papa and the backseat was too small for them. It was a fun car but not practical. I'd rather enjoy driving the loud car with my grandkids. Don't want or need a Civic or Corolla, fuel isn't a big deal for me. Not everyone is in the same boat.

IMG_9005.jpeg

I do however know people that buy cars not taking into account the cost of fuel when it was lower pre-Biden. Now those same cars sit because they can't afford gas. Did they buy a car above their means? Possibly, but gas was much cheaper for them at the time. Others have their weekend cruiser they drive that takes premium and the daily is a performance car.
Don’t care what you have, had, or have on order. If you are posting about the price of Premium you are living above your means or a whiny boomer (They bitch about everything especially fuel prices) No one with these toys that I know cry’s about the cost of fuel. You were the one that said “it is a big deal filling 3 times a week”.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
The title of this thread still bothers me.

Premium fuel is the same price for every car. 😜 I mean here is the States it's 93 Octane, costs the same no matter what car it's going in.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Don’t care what you have, had, or have on order. If you are posting about the price of Premium you are living above your means or a whiny boomer (They bitch about everything especially fuel prices) No one with these toys that I know cry’s about the cost of fuel. You were the one that said “it is a big deal filling 3 times a week”.
I wasn't whining or bitching so not sure where you pulled that outta your ass. I was stating a fact of buying a car that requires premium fuel if someone is not clear on what they are buying. Clearly you didn't see my reply where I stated I was speaking about fuel cost for people moving to a premium only fuel car. I clearly don't give a shit as I could be driving my other car with a 4cy if I wanted too. My point which you CLEARLY missed was premium only cars can be expensive and a shock at the pump if you didn't pay attention to the fact you had to run premium only. Its an especially big jump for someone going from 87 octane to 91. I run only 93 octane even when I owned a Mustang GT that didn't require it.

Have a blessed day.....

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
The title of this thread still bothers me.

Premium fuel is the same price for every car. 😜 I mean here is the States it's 93 Octane, costs the same no matter what car it's going in.
It's a different price based on the state for sure.. 91 is Premium and 93 is Supreme. Most stations in my area don't carry 91 so 93 it is!
Sponsored