• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Pirelli tire observation

Cody5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Performance Pack Level II
Took a peek at a few GT’s and noticed something odd. Apparently it’s a roll of the dice as to whether your performance package car is wearing PZeros or PZero PZ4 tires.

Which begs the question(s)are they really allowing cars to leave on different tires, did Pirelli change the tread or is there a specific option combination that gets you one tire or the other?
Sponsored

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
What's the difference between the two?

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
the difference is tread pattern and treadwear rating mainly. Youll note that Ford never says what tires specifically come with the car (outside of the top of the line mustangs). thats mainly because the tires are on an "as available" basis. so the simple answer for not getting PZ4s is that they didnt have any in stock at the time so they used the older PZeros instead.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
the PZ4 is a 'decent' tire, the Trofeo is a good tire, but street utility is nil.
Any other pirelli should be considered a rim protector and shed for actually good tires at your soonest opportunity.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
The non-performance package cars have Continentals.
Oh OK. We don't get the non-performance package cars over here.

Shame as I have Continental Sport Contact 7's on my S550 and they are fabulous tyres, better than the PS4S's that it came with.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
I reckon it’s more of a DOT code(manufacture date thing) - mine has a 23 at the end. Performance wise - p0’s are crapola. I am waiting for my break in period so that I can get ps4s’s or hopefully if ps5’s will be available in the sizes I’m after.

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
Had the factory P Zero Nero's on a few prior Mustangs. Irregular wear and short life, ended up with a high end Bridgestone and was happy.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
I reckon it’s more of a DOT code(manufacture date thing) - mine has a 23 at the end. Performance wise - p0’s are crapola. I am waiting for my break in period so that I can get ps4s’s or hopefully if ps5’s will be available in the sizes I’m after.
no the PZ4 is its own P0 sub-model, think PS4 and PS4S

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Gotcha.. understood.. wonder which one is superior.. the compound on the PS4S is better than the PS4’s atleast on my other ride(focus ST)

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
Are you guys sure the PZ4 is not a run flat tire? I'm pretty sure it is. If so, get rid of them ASAP. Horrible choice for a performance pack car.

Dapsters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 gt premium performance package vapor blue
Is there really much difference? I guess my car has the pz4s. I did notice the sidewalls on the rim seem to have more of a lip than the tires on my s550

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
by definition, run flats and performance car don't go together.
Sponsored