• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OTA Update Issues

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
The update went well, but I've had two issues since.

1) The dash keeps switching to Fox Body when I start the car. It stays with whatever I select until I turn it back off.

2) When I turn off the car, I now get a prompt every time asking if I want to turn off the motion sensors. I'd prefer it never turn those off when parked, and I shouldn't have to tell it that every time.

Anyone seeing this or have suggestions to fix?
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
The update went well, but I've had two issues since.

1) The dash keeps switching to Fox Body when I start the car. It stays with whatever I select until I turn it back off.

2) When I turn off the car, I now get a prompt every time asking if I want to turn off the motion sensors. I'd prefer it never turn those off when parked, and I shouldn't have to tell it that every time.

Anyone seeing this or have suggestions to fix?
You are going to have to go back into settings and correct the motion sensor one. It got reset back to default.
The fox body might be selected as your default now as well

Last edited:
OP
OP
marcekb

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are going to have to go back into settings and correct the motion sensor one. It got reset back to default.
The fix body might be selected as your default now as well
Thanks! I'll check in settings for both... Might have missed something. šŸ¤”

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
WiFi has nothing to do with updates. They will come via TCU. In years of updates for my 21 F150, all but one came TCU. Only one came WiFi, and that was a fix for TCU updating.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
So having auto update turned off we will still get updated.

OP
OP
marcekb

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So having auto update turned off we will still get updated.
Not sure I'm following you. If auto update is turned off, you won't get it. Mine is turned on, and it still let me know in advance, where I could have changed it. I have to admit, there are many things I would have liked to see in an update that haven't come yet.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
@marcekb I don't want updates automatic. So it is turned off. The update still showed up and was downloaded. I see that one can check for updates when one wants but it seems to download no matter the settings.

OP
OP
marcekb

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@marcekb I don't want updates automatic. So it is turned off. The update still showed up and was downloaded. I see that one can check for updates when one wants but it seems to download no matter the settings.
Eesh. This creates trust issues!

That reminds me that the privacy stuff was reset in my car without any notice to me as part of this update. It's very disturbing.

DARK HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO,2021 JL RUBICON,2022F150 TREMOR
since I have the FDRS software from ford that I use constantly on my f150 for updates I plan on using my laptop instead of OTA updates, and abet faster too!!, but I need my mustang first its on order.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Eesh. This creates trust issues!

That reminds me that the privacy stuff was reset in my car without any notice to me as part of this update. It's very disturbing.
This, if verified as normal part of the update process is problematic. This is how people get auto enrolled into programs not of their choosing and the next thing you know ā€¦ but you opted in, no I didnā€™t, yes you did - whoa somebody got away with it simply because ā€¦

OP
OP
marcekb

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This, if verified as normal part of the update process is problematic. This is how people get auto enrolled into programs not of their choosing and the next thing you know ā€¦ but you opted in, no I didnā€™t, yes you did - whoa somebody got away with it simply because ā€¦
I agree entirely!! In fact, that's exactly what I thought when I saw it. Many of my settings stayed the same, but some changed, which made it confusing to know what to check. Because @wilkinda65 mentioned that affecting my motion sensor, I started looking at others and totally got lucky to find this. I wasn't happy about it though.

To your point, I suspect others will have had the same issue, because I've read that it reset other people's settings as well. But, I hope it wasn't intentional. ā˜¹

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
OK thanks that expains it as none of my settings has changed. I am going to update as it should be download and see if any settings change.
Sponsored