• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ok, someone educate me here

OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium (ordered)
With all of your experience you’re listening to a salesman.
Fair point.

I know very little about the ford ecosystem. I was caught by surprise this afternoon when he told me (over the phone) that he’s waiting to hear what they’ll get for allocations. Mustang GT was never associated with allocations in my mind.
Sponsored

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ‘22 Maverick, ‘23 Escape
I need to get my head around this...so if a dealer has X allocations for the year for all Mustangs does that impact which customer orders get built sooner vs later? I feel like this shouldn't impact those of us who have special orders in, but does it?
There is Priority Code, from 10 to 19; all orders default to 19, but dealers can change it. The code only matters within that dealership. Some just leave all orders at 19, some adjust them. So it just matters how you are ranked within in your dealership. Say one dealership puts all their orders at 10 and another dealership leaves them all at 19; all the 10s at the one dealerships will not get schedule before the 19s. When Ford is ready to schedule a dealer’s allocation, they look at the dealership’s lowest priority code orders first. If they find something they can build, it gets picked. If there are two identical orders, with the same priority code, Ford picks the one with the oldest order date. If the lowest & older order cannot be built, they move on to the next code or newer order. Ford will go through all the dealer‘s order to fill their allocation. If none can be built, Ford waits until the next scheduling week and goes through that all over again. Another way to look at it, if the oldest order has a constraint (something they cannot build that week), they find an order without constraints. This why some people’s with newer order can get picked before old orders; they could a simple build, that Ford can build.

Aren‘t you glad you now know? 😄

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
I understand how allocations work. Again, I’ve ordered plenty of vehicles from the factory. Typically allocations are for special vehicles or limited runs, not a run of the mill Mustang GT. Never in my wildest dreams would I have guessed that such a car would actually be allocation based.
Could very well be dependent on your spec. I’m on mobile so if it’s on your comment somewhere, apologies. You said run of the mill, so I’m assuming, not PP, without active exhaust, no magneride right? If that’s the case, you’d think they would try and fill as many of those as they receive.

OP
OP

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium (ordered)
Could very well be dependent on your spec. I’m on mobile so if it’s on your comment somewhere, apologies. You said run of the mill, so I’m assuming, not PP, without active exhaust, no magneride right? If that’s the case, you’d think they would try and fill as many of those as they receive.
No, I was referring to a GT or a GT Premium as being a run of the mill car…

Mine is a loaded spec. PP, active exhaust, magneride, 401A group, red belts, etc.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
No, I was referring to a GT or a GT Premium as being a run of the mill car…

Mine is a loaded spec. PP, active exhaust, magneride, 401A group, red belts, etc.
That's odd then. Usually, if it's a commodity or spec constraint issue either:
you can't place the order for that constraint on the front end
you get notified that your order might sit due to the constraint occurring

At least that's how GM did it with their 6th gen camaros the past couple years 🤷‍♂️

Hope you get it sorted. I imagine if you mention taking your order elsewhere they might try to get you some answers lol
Sponsored