• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Newbie Here

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Just placed an order for a 2024 Mustang GT Premium, 6-Speed Manual, Oxford White, GT Premium High, GT Performance Pkg, Active Valve Exhaust, Power Driver Seat, Magnaride Damping - on 12/6/2023.
I am new to this scheduling "game". Dealer told me three months +/-.
How do I check up on it?
Sponsored

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Just placed an order for a 2024 Mustang GT Premium, 6-Speed Manual, Oxford White, GT Premium High, GT Performance Pkg, Active Valve Exhaust, Power Driver Seat, Magnaride Damping - on 12/6/2023.
I am new to this scheduling "game". Dealer told me three months +/-.
How do I check up on it?
Most people did the Ford Chat option, just need the order number off your dealer sheet. If they didn't give you a copy, then ask them to send you one. I only did it a couple times, but anything they ask for in the chat is on that sheet.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most people did the Ford Chat option, just need the order number off your dealer sheet. If they didn't give you a copy, then ask them to send you one. I only did it a couple times, but anything they ask for in the chat is on that sheet.
How do you initiate the Ford Chat?

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New orders normally come back "Unscheduled/Clean" once they schedule it you will get a VIN and then you can track it through your Ford account orders using the VIN. Lots of threads on different status meanings after that; however, I ended up buying off the lot so mine is still sitting in the system as "Unscheduled/Clean".

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New orders normally come back "Unscheduled/Clean" once they schedule it you will get a VIN and then you can track it through your Ford account orders using the VIN. Lots of threads on different status meanings after that; however, I ended up buying off the lot so mine is still sitting in the system as "Unscheduled/Clean".
That page is information only - no link for Chatting. There is a bunch of Social Media accounts and a phone number only.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting! I am not seeing the "Start Chatting" button. Chrome browser.
Weird. Screenshot was Firefox, but I tried with Chrome and see it. I also see it on iphone safari.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting! I am not seeing the "Start Chatting" button. Chrome browser.
Microsoft Edge seems to work. I'm chatting now, but kinda useless without a VIN.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Microsoft Edge seems to work. I'm chatting now, but kinda useless without a VIN.
I guess I'll just have to wait until I hear from Ford on scheduling.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many people found that their vehicle was in production prior to receiving Ford emails with a VIN, but yes the more usable information is found after you have a VIN. I never made it that far in the order process. At least one person convinced the Chat representative to communicate a VIN but seems like that might be a one-off as most on here said they were not allowed to do that and had to wait for the email from Ford.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many people found that their vehicle was in production prior to receiving Ford emails with a VIN, but yes the more usable information is found after you have a VIN. I never made it that far in the order process. At least one person convinced the Chat representative to communicate a VIN but seems like that might be a one-off as most on here said they were not allowed to do that and had to wait for the email from Ford.
Hurry up and wait ......

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
You "should" get confirmation email from ford. Though dealers enter email wrong or enter their email address, or some other mixup. Call the dealer and make sure they have all of your info right. My dealer told me to expect confirmation email within hours....ordered on a Friday eve, and didn't get the email... waited a few days, still nothing, called the dealer and had confirmation email within 30 min. If you want to stay in the "loop" contact your dealer.
Sponsored