• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Official: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona (EV + ICE), Scat Pack, Daytona R/T Revealed! 670 Horsepower / 0-60mph in 3.3 Secs

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
S650 Mustang Official: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona (EV + ICE), Scat Pack, Daytona R/T Revealed! 670 Horsepower / 0-60mph in 3.3 Secs 1000007470

Screenshot from Auto buyers Guide on the size difference compared to S650. šŸ˜³
Sponsored

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
yet another view that shows it's 2 different design languages glued together. They should have had the decency to rethink the 20 year old mishmash.

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
Ehhhh not bad, but not my cup of tea. I think Iā€™ll keep my Mustang.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
After looking at it more, they really should have committed to the roofline and made it hyper contemporary and swoopy. Kind of looks like you have a futuristic and dynamic body mated to the outgoing Charger's sort of upright and frumpy silhouette. It's like the roofline is too high and bulbous and the cant rails are too thick; could have at least used gloss black to blend the insides with the roof panel and glass.

But yeah, the design is mostly nice, it just fails above the shoulders which ends up ruining the whole thing.

1709709438724.png

1709709428700.png
The A-pillar should be 10 or 20 millimeters further back as well imo. Between this, and the challenger, dodge seems to love the frump shorter hood, bigger ass for a RWD sports car look.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I just thought about something. The EV top speed is 137 which is bad and might be an issue due to weight. There are probably regulations on speed/weight that cars must pass. The EV car if the top speed holds up is not a great sign. Dodge could offer extra power for cash. However, It's probably a safety issue to be 6k ibs and going 150-200 mph. So if the scat is 6k... the higher performance car will be 6400-7500k and may be stuck at the same top speed.

MaddNomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRC
Gotta' admit, I love it. The base model with ICE is 420 HP and with the twin turbo nature of the engine it'll be tunable for big power. It'll also start around $40k or slightly more. And it looks awesome. Hmm....
They had that six pack HO testing in a Challenger. Same power number at 550 Hp and it looked like a dog. Lol

Last edited:

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Thatā€™s a boat on the road .. no thanks

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Thatā€™s a boat on the road .. no thanks
People have said that for years. 2024 Mustang Dark Horse is what, 4,050 lbs? A Challenger Scat Pack is 4,250ish? The 2025 Charger is all new chassis and platform that's more lightweight, so the gas versions will likely be equal or less than the Mustang in weight.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
There biggest mistake itā€™s not having the ICE version ready to go at launch. The way the electric car market has been crashing i donā€™t see this car selling very well till the in-line 6 comes out. Honestly it just needs to be on par with the B58 reliability wise and itā€™ll be a fantastic engine. In-line 6s sound cool run smooth as heck and because itā€™s a semi closed deck block of the rotating assembly is good itā€™ll handle a lot of horsepower. Really the biggest issues are
1) cost
2) weight sucks
3) you can tell they didnā€™t have a lot of money for this products at all look at all the engineering hard points Iā€™d love to know what platform this is on or where it came from because it has the Toyota Supra issue where they squeezed a body onto something else ā€œhard pointsā€

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
People have said that for years. 2024 Mustang Dark Horse is what, 4,050 lbs? A Challenger Scat Pack is 4,250ish? The 2025 Charger is all new chassis and platform that's more lightweight, so the gas versions will likely be equal or less than the Mustang in weight.
itā€™s just not the weight. Itā€™s the size, the chassis, the angles.. it all adds up..
if youā€™ve been to Chicago and checked out the tourist ā€œspeedā€ boats - the challengers and chargers have a very similar look too!

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
See: https://www.chargerdaytonaforum.com...ion-670-horsepower-0-60mph-in-3-3-secs.10861/

* create/copy an account at Chargerdaytonaforum with just 1-click at your account copy menu āœ…
[/QUOTE
The Dodge Charger, Daytona weight a little more than 5800 pounds. Weā€™re talking extra Road Tax like Trucks.
Where I get my license plates I asked the lady helping me. What is the most expensive license plate besides the European cars.
. She said the Electric Cars because they donā€™t pay any Road Tax & their weight.
How do you measure HORSE POWER with an Electric Vehicle?
We all known they have torque. How does Electric & Horse Power go together?
I Donā€™t care what the interior looks like.
I want a Vehicle šŸš— I can drive without waiting Several Hours to Charge & getting a change to get mugged.
I Guess the positive is Iā€™ve never heard of an Electric Car being Stolen!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
All-new, all-electric 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona delivers up to 670 horsepower and is expected to

All-wheel drive is standard

feature patent-pending Fratzonic Chambered Exhaust,

an incremental 40 horsepower for 15 seconds

The all-electric, all-wheel-drive Dodge Charger Daytona models are driven by a 400V propulsion system

a dual integrated charge module and both a front and rear electric drive module (EDM).

The front EDM employs front wheel end disconnect, improving range and efficiency, while the rear EDM includes a mechanical limited slip differential

Both front and rear EDMs feature 3-in-1 architecture (inverter, gearbox and motor), with each generating 335 horsepower (250 kW) and 300 lb.-ft. of torque.

The battery pack delivers 100.5 kW installed capacity and a peak discharge rate of 550 kW ā€” specifically designed to maximize acceleration by allowing the motor to utilize the most power the battery can output in the span of a quarter mile.
Sponsored