• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No fog lights on the S650

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
I will be adding some type of fog light, not sure what will work/fit (look best). Need to have the car first.

However... my window sticker does say "FOG LAMPS". Not sure what that is?
S650 Mustang No fog lights on the S650 SnipImage.JPG
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
They're not meant to add additional forward illumination to headlights.

You simply don't know how fog lights are meant to be used. Modern headlights have nothing to do with the proper application of fog lights......other than perhaps making them more important under their intended weather conditions.

This entire thread has demonstrated that there's grave ignorance about the why, where & how fog lights are to be used.
I may not have made it clear in my description, but I do realise they add mainly lateral illumination as well as a small amount of short range illumination of the road.

Modern headlights already do that so they have nothing to add.

I can assure you in fog that they make no difference on a modern setup, but they did on older systems

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
I may not have made it clear in my description, but I do realise they add mainly lateral illumination as well as a small amount of short range illumination of the road.

Modern headlights already do that so they have nothing to add.

I can assure you in fog that they make no difference on a modern setup, but they did on older systems
I have a "modern setup", that includes fogs. And I can assure you, they do make a difference in fog.

IMO "modern setups" don't add the side illumination that fogs do. That's why cars have fog lights. Evidently "new" Canadian Mustangs have fogs, according to papD's sticker.....which is good to see.

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a "modern setup", that includes fogs. And I can assure you, they DO make a difference in fog.

IMO "modern setups" don't add the side illumination that fogs do. That's why cars have fog lights. Evidently "new" Canadian Mustangs have fogs, according to papD's sticker.....which is good to see.
OK so some cars may benefit - just not any of the ones I have driven recently, mostly Ford products with LED headlights / dynamic / matrix type

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
OK so some cars may benefit - just not any of the ones I have driven recently, mostly Ford products with LED headlights / dynamic / matrix type
Unless you're in blinding fog or snow, you can't really judge. They have saved my bacon a few times.....

More in snow actually.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unless you're in blinding fog or snow, you're never going to know.
OK OK you are right. :clap: I don't know how to use them obviously, although on and off seem to be the only two settings and the effects are visible in front of your eyes ??????

I did mention earlier that fog is common around here in winter.

But what do I know ....

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
OK OK you are right. :clap: I don't know how to use them obviously, although on and off seem to be the only two settings and the effects are visible in front of your eyes ??????

I did mention earlier that fog is common around here in winter.

But what do I know ....
Dude....the Uk.......I get it. Watched a ton of Top Gear. :cwl:

But if you're not seeing the need for fog lights, then you haven't driven in heavy fog, especially at night. And that's really a once or twice in a lifetime event for most people, if ever.

I was in the mountains last fall.....the fog came in so thick I could see anywhere from 10-20 feet as it moved.

Here...I actually got a shot of it rolling in. Just a complete blanket. Thankfully it wasn't at night.

S650 Mustang No fog lights on the S650 2022-11-06 002

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude....the Uk.......I get it. Watched a ton of Top Gear. :cwl:

But if you're not seeing the need for fog lights, then you haven't driven in heavy fog, especially at night. And that's really a once or twice in a lifetime event for most people, if ever.

I was in the mountains last fall.....the fog came in so thick I could see anywhere from 10-20 feet as it moved.

Here...I actually got a shot of it rolling in. Just a complete blanket. Thankfully it wasn't at night.

2022-11-06 002.jpg
Whatever - bored now

Birddogjr350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150 FX4 2016 ford explorer Sport
Ford says that the headlight technology is so good now that there so no need for fog lights!

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
No fog lights, no dimming/powered side mirrors, no parking sensors in the front.

It's all cost cutting measures. Every manufacturer is guilty of it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
No fog lights, no dimming/powered side mirrors, no parking sensors in the front.

It's all cost cutting measures. Every manufacturer is guilty of it.
The S550 never had dimming side mirrors or front parking sensors so no cost savings there. Should the car have them? Maybe. But they don’t so it doesn’t really matter. Killing the fog lights for the one in a hundred who actually use them was, most likely, a cost cutting measure. So two choices, add them aftermarket or don’t buy the car.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The S550 never had dimming side mirrors or front parking sensors so no cost savings there. Should the car have them? Maybe. But they don’t so it doesn’t really matter. Killing the fog lights for the one in a hundred who actually use them was, most likely, a cost cutting measure. So two choices, add them aftermarket or don’t buy the car.
Fog lights + dimming mirrors are pretty common in cars cheaper than the S650. But if someone decides to not buy a vehicle because it's missing a few features probably wasn't interested in the vehicle in the first place.

The Dark D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
i've only ever used them to look cool. lol.
Same i just like the look. When i was a kid a majority of the time when I would see a mustang with fog lights i would be like " Thats a GT"( Most of the time. I know v6s were able to get them in a package). I always felt like it looked more menacing on the road. It just feels very blank on my 24 GT. Currently the only thing that you could add would be a light up pony emblem but i would prefer some nice color matched accent leds somewhere on the bottom openings to fill up the space nicely while at night time.
S650 Mustang No fog lights on the S650 mustan
S650 Mustang No fog lights on the S650 Mustang 2

Fruitstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
The main reason dedicated foglights actually help a lot in fog is the placement very low close to the street so they don't light up the wall of fog in front of you but the surface instead.

So no modern ultra sophisticated super headlight can ever substitute the very basic physical parameter of placement.
Sponsored