• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No build date yet? I found out why!

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I learned something very valuable yesterday from a local dealer. Apparently your order will not get approved by Ford for production if your dealer doesn't have any open allocations (for any trim level, not just DH). In my case, I had my order in with a small town dealer who currently has, and has had, zero allocations for the Mustang. This is mind-boggling that Ford would not pick up a retail order simply because the dealer is lower volume than some of the big city dealers, but this is what I have been told by my dealer. This is the most frustrating process in the world and I am now searching for a dealer with open allocations. Really sucks that Ford would stick it to a retail customer this way.

The main takeaway is that if you haven't received a production date yet I would hit up your dealer to see what their allocation status is. They may not have any (this was my case) in which case you won't get selected for production. This explains why some members have put in orders and gotten picked up within days for production. I really don't feel like driving to a larger dealer in the city, but at this point if I want my car this year that may be what I am stuck doing. Good luck to all still waiting! I hope this was helpful and if anyone here can shed additional light on the process I would love to read your comments.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I learned something very valuable yesterday from a local dealer. Apparently your order will not get approved by Ford for production if your dealer doesn't have any open allocations (for any trim level, not just DH). In my case, I had my order in with a small town dealer who currently has, and has had, zero allocations for the Mustang. This is mind-boggling that Ford would not pick up a retail order simply because the dealer is lower volume than some of the big city dealers, but this is what I have been told by my dealer. This is the most frustrating process in the world and I am now searching for a dealer with open allocations. Really sucks that Ford would stick it to a retail customer this way.

The main takeaway is that if you haven't received a production date yet I would hit up your dealer to see what their allocation status is. They may not have any (this was my case) in which case you won't get selected for production. This explains why some members have put in orders and gotten picked up within days for production. I really don't feel like driving to a larger dealer in the city, but at this point if I want my car this year that may be what I am stuck doing. Good luck to all still waiting! I hope this was helpful and if anyone here can shed additional light on the process I would love to read your comments.
I know you don't want to travel, but have you thought about @Zach@Granger? I remember seeing that a lot of their orders were scheduled. And they deal a lot of mustangs

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Save some ($thousands) money and get an order placed in minutes with @Zach@Granger
Super smooth process, just waiting for build date now.

Onto the topic though, completely agree, it should be like Tesla where you go online, place an order, and get your car dropped off. Dealers should remain around for service and stock order vehicles. The rest is just headache....
I thought I remembered reading that Ford was trying to be like Tesla with the Ford Lightning, they should expand to every car honestly. Even if they made you place an online order through a dealer salesperson, it shouldn't be so difficult to buy cars in 2023.

OP
OP
BrianJ77

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Save some ($thousands) money and get an order placed in minutes with @Zach@Granger
Super smooth process, just waiting for build date now.

Onto the topic though, completely agree, it should be like Tesla where you go online, place an order, and get your car dropped off. Dealers should remain around for service and stock order vehicles. The rest is just headache....
I thought I remembered reading that Ford was trying to be like Tesla with the Ford Lightning, they should expand to every car honestly. Even if they made you place an online order through a dealer salesperson, it shouldn't be so difficult to buy cars in 2023.
Thousands? Are you getting yours for invoice or near invoice? What is their dealer doc fee? Would need to be pretty lucrative for me to drive up and flatbed the car home.

OP
OP
BrianJ77

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My build date was removed yesterday. It was supposed to be next week. Now I only have a confirmed order date šŸ™ƒ
No idea on why that would have happened unless they ran out of your options in the factory? Not very reassuring for the rest of the field with build dates in the future.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
My build date was removed yesterday. It was supposed to be next week. Now I only have a confirmed order date šŸ™ƒ
I feel like this is going to be my destiny as well. Tracker hasn't worked ever since I ordered on 3/27, I still don't have a window sticker and my "build week" is 6/28. Just going to contact them on 6/29 and hope for the best.

RadBadChad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang V6, 24 GT
I also ordered from a very small dealership but I was able to get a date. Wonder why that is.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Thousands? Are you getting yours for invoice or near invoice? What is their dealer doc fee? Would need to be pretty lucrative for me to drive up and flatbed the car home.
2% below invoice. Like $200 in dealer fees. Check out his post itā€™s here on the forum. On my phone or I would link it

OP
OP
BrianJ77

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm gonna hit him up on messenger. I appreciate the advice. I'll see what he can do for me.

OP
OP
BrianJ77

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also ordered from a very small dealership but I was able to get a date. Wonder why that is.
They must have had an allocation for you, or contacted their Ford rep and created one is all I can figure.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350-Ruby Red, 2012 Roush RS3- Kona Blue, 1933 Ford Flamed
Ford marketing doesnā€™t make any sense to me. Back in 2019 I ordered a GT350 On Jan 11th. Feb 28th I find out the dealer didnā€™t have an allocation. Iā€™m a customer, money in hand that wants to purchase a car and Ford says no, go to a different dealer. Luckily the owner of the dealership owned 2 dealers. They ordered the car from the other dealer 48 days later. The car was built on May 1st. After 9 delivered date changes It was delivered on Aug 2d. No explanation from Ford. Ford is saying theyā€™re losing money, I donā€™t want to hear it! They have customers money in hand that want to purchase a car and they say NO, go to different dealer OR! Weā€™re only building so many! Not to mention the ridiculous dealer mark ups! Two of my friends placed orders with Ford and they were so pissed, one bought a Camaro, the other a Challenger. Ford just doesnā€™t seem to care!

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s

I ordered from a small dealership as well and I got my build date confirmation yesterday for my DH. Are you sure they are not BS'ing you? Did you ever get the order confirmation email from Ford when you ordered?

From what Ford put out (cant remember the official place I saw it months ago) all dealerships were getting at least 1 DH allocation. And I am not sure that you have to have an allocation to order a GT. I believe they are open order. Maybe that changed or I could be wrong. There are others on this forum that are much more connected than I am.

That sucks though. I feel for you! Hopefully you will find another dealership quickly to get your order.