• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New to Ford/Mustang - Dumb things I have noticed

SciaticNervePain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
After you place the seatbelt in the loop, pull up on the loop. There seems to be grove in the catch that physically locks the loop in place.
I’m going to try this tomorrow morning because it never stays for me either 🤦🏻‍♂️
Sponsored

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
After you place the seatbelt in the loop, pull up on the loop. There seems to be grove in the catch that physically locks the loop in place.
Thanks I will give it a try

OP
OP

Rushstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Oh and calm guage is not the answer. Id like the Fox Body and Normal Dash to not have any info in the center. Just keep it empty.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
4. The stupid seatbelt retainer. Agree, I hate that thing. A magnet? Its always coming off and seatbelt hits my neck in an annoying spot.
Um, yeah. I was also miffed by the darn strap always flying off. Went to Home Depot (the real adult superstore) and got a couple of high power magnets. One is just a dime size disc, the other is shaped like a bolt washer. Stack em up and stick em on, washer magnet towards the strap. Because of the polarity you may need several tries to get it right, but it stays well put afterwards, and not visible like those plastic hoops.

Now, can someone explain to me why the car is so eager to please it keeps wiping off the windshield or turning on the high beans without permission?

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Yeah duh! Hence the post here.
Your title said "Ford/Mustang," so it wasn't clear you were referring specifically to the S650.

We do discuss other vehicles/brands here, despite it being a forum catering to S650 owners/enthusiasts.

Last edited:

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Now, can someone explain to me why the car is so eager to please it keeps wiping off the windshield or turning on the high beans without permission?
Rain sensing wipers and auto dimming headlights, i believe they are on by default, you can change that in the settings

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Fake news. There is no latch on the magnetic connection.
Take a look at the strap and you will see what I mean. Could the design be better? Yes, but there is a way to use it better.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Apparently there is a default courtesy wipe setting that I disabled, it gives one delays wipe after using your window washer.

ElektroSmokes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT, 2016 Ecoboost, 2021 GT
its how it was on the S550 and S197. If it aint broke, dont fix it...
Wrong. It WAS broke, and they fixed it on the 2018 plus cars. So, now they're back to the right hand side? That's dumb.

I actually had to go out in the garage and verify the s197. It's been a while since I've driven it, and I forgot. LOL

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
4. The stupid seatbelt retainer. Agree, I hate that thing. A magnet? Its always coming off and seatbelt hits my neck in an annoying spot.
Fake news. There is no latch on the magnetic connection.
I’m going to try this tomorrow morning because it never stays for me either 🤦🏻‍♂️
I had a long day starting before 5:30 AM and didn't stop running until after 4. I ended up crashing on the couch before heading for bed. Bad thing because I had to answer a call from mother nature at 4AM and couldn't get back to sleep. I started thinking down the wrong path and ended up on the right one .
Grabbed the phone and it turns out to people have trouble with the seat belt, the very small and the very large. The solution for both is the same. Ford provides a long extender for the very large and a short extender that is about 6 inches long for the short. Both are intended to keep the seatbelt off your neck and the best part is it appears they are free for the asking. If you google them you will find them on the internet for as little as $10.00 but ask your Ford dealer about them first as there might be differences in the buckle that could cause them to fail when you need them the most.
I suspect the seat loop would be intended for somebody using the car for a short period of time but the owner or full time driver deserves something better.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Oh - I got another one.

Keep hands on steering wheel notification. I am not using cruise control. Just normal driving. Yes and my hands were on the wheel. Dumb - where can I turn this off? It mutes the radio.
That's incredibly stupid if they have this set for when you aren't even using adaptive cruise control. My wife's Acura has this but the hands-on warning only happens when you are using the ACC with lane centering feature. The whole point of it is if you are using the vehicle in semi-autonomous mode the car is making sure the driver is engaged as opposed to being asleep or not focussing on driving.

OP
OP

Rushstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
That's incredibly stupid if they have this set for when you aren't even using adaptive cruise control. My wife's Acura has this but the hands-on warning only happens when you are using the ACC with lane centering feature. The whole point of it is if you are using the vehicle in semi-autonomous mode the car is making sure the driver is engaged as opposed to being asleep or not focussing on driving.
I do not even have adaptive cc. This issue goes away when lane assist is turned off. BTW - lane assist isn't that great. The car really pulls if you do not use the turn signal.
Sponsored