• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MAVERICKFORD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0
At the end of the 60th event. They showed this.

I want to say Gt500, but I almost have a weird feeling of saying a Mach-E Coupe.

S650 Mustang Ford Teases "New Addition to the Mustang Stable" Coming in 2025 Screenshot_20240417-191908
S650 Mustang Ford Teases "New Addition to the Mustang Stable" Coming in 2025 Screenshot_20240417-201437
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lightningwings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
If you watched the Ford Performance stream of the 60th anniversary celebration held at Charlotte Motor Speedway, towards the end of the stream, they announced there will be a "new addition to the Mustang Stable." Any ideas what this could be? I'm thinking Shelby GT350?

S650 Mustang Ford Teases "New Addition to the Mustang Stable" Coming in 2025 1713400057130-f5

S650 Mustang Ford Teases "New Addition to the Mustang Stable" Coming in 2025 1713400091481-99

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
This seems to have a roofline that's too low/too short for it to be a 4 door coupe IMO.

An electric variant doesn't make a lot of sense to me either, given the following: Ford just refreshed the Mach-E, EV sales have tanked, and I'm not sure they'd be haughty enough to tease an EV Mustang at an event centered around the ICE Mustang. Ford knows their customers; they wouldn't do that (I hope).

This is definitely an ICE coupe variant. But what? I've seen people say it could be another GT350, a BOSS or a Cobra, but the slot for the BOSS or GT350 has been filled by the Dark Horse, and a Cobra would effectively be a Shelby. I don't think the Bullitt would have a wing that large in the rear either.

Unless Ford is coming up with a new moniker, that leaves two possibilities: This is either a GT500 - which wouldn't be terribly strange given we've been repeatedly told that will debut in 2025 - or, less likely but not impossible, a hybrid S650? There's been a small amount of talk about that not so recently, but that died down fairly quickly.

If I had to put my money on either of those last two, I'd guess a hybrid is coming on a refresh. Maybe this is the GT500.

area5179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
My guess is the next Shelby GT500

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Well considering the last Cobra was the supercharged terminator… could be a GT500 or a Cobra … very interested to see what it is

Optical illusion or do the rear fenders look wider/ flared out?

MaddNomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRC
If you watched the Ford Performance stream of the 60th anniversary celebration held at Charlotte Motor Speedway, towards the end of the stream, they announced there will be a "new addition to the Mustang Stable." Any ideas what this could be? I'm thinking Shelby GT350?

1713400057130-f5.png

1713400091481-99.png
Probably a Boss since that nameplate has been on ice for a bit.

Lightningwings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
It’s got be a Ford Shelby variant of some sort. Definitely an ICE 2 door coupe of some sort. No Electric/hybrid as flat rock is NOT setup to build that kind of platform. The Flat Rock Plant would need some serious investment/R&D from Ford to build a different powertrain for the Mustang.

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
Hybrid GT350 is my guess. A Dark Horse variant, Mach, Bullitt, or even a GT500 doesn't make sense IMO.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
It's green so that may be a hint. Bullitt?

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Hybrid GT350 is my guess. A Dark Horse variant, Mach, Bullitt, or even a GT500 doesn't make sense IMO.
Hybrid: I'd love a Hybrid GT...AWD with a RWD toggle, perhaps? But I think I can only dream of it at this point, not to mention the price would likely be just barely out of my reach.

GT350: I'd be interested to see the return of the Voodoo...or a flat-plane Coyote if that's even possible. Alas, it, along with the rest of the trims, would be way beyond my budget, unfortunately.

Mach 1: Too soon.
Bullitt: I just want a green color that's darker than Eruption, but lighter than Highland. Or just bring back Gotta Have It Green.

GT500: I wouldn't be interested in this, but would an optional DCT be possible/doable on the GT/Dark Horse trims?

What's the significance of the Boss trim compared to the others? And what would the order of all the historic trims be after the GT/Dark Horse?

If it's a new trim altogether, I want to make the wildest guess that it'll be called VENOM.

MaddNomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRC
Hybrid: I'd love a Hybrid GT...AWD with a RWD toggle, perhaps? But I think I can only dream of it at this point, not to mention the price would likely be just barely out of my reach.

GT350: I'd be interested to see the return of the Voodoo...or a flat-plane Coyote if that's even possible. Alas, it, along with the rest of the trims, would be way beyond my budget, unfortunately.

Mach 1: Too soon.
Bullitt: I just want a green color that's darker than Eruption, but lighter than Highland. Or just bring back Gotta Have It Green.

GT500: I wouldn't be interested in this, but would an optional DCT be possible/doable on the GT/Dark Horse trims?

What's the significance of the Boss trim compared to the others? And what would the order of all the historic trims be after the GT/Dark Horse?

If it's a new trim altogether, I want to make the wildest guess that it'll be called VENOM.
Boss is a big name in Mustang history, it’s Ford’s equivalent of a Z/28. The GT350 could’ve been a Boss essentially if they didn’t pay for that Shelby nameplate. It’s one of the original in house track variants.

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium Conv., 2017 Edge Sport
I am dying to know more. Will be impatiently waiting for more details. Really hope it’s another Gt350 type car. High revving NA engine with a manual.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I'm gonna be bold here, very bold. I don't believe this is an s650 for a variety of reasons. One, the wording behind this reveal. The only time I've seen Ford refer to the mustang as adding another horse to the stable, or expanding the mustang brand, was when they were referring to new mustang models entirely. When the mach-e was revealed, Ford referred to it an an addition to the stable, and growing the brand. Whereas with the s650, they tend to just refer to varying trims as new derivatives. They referred to this new model as an addition to the stable, so unless they're messing around with wording, that's them hinting that this is its own unique model.

Additionally, that image is very clearly not an s650. The proportions are massively different. So there are two options, either that's an actual design and it's probably some sort of EV mustang coupe, not a terrible option if it's gonna be sold alongside the ICE V8 mustang. But that's unlikely considering Farley shut down the idea of an EV mustang just a few months ago, so it's highly unlikely this is an electric coupe.

So then, the other option, let's assume that teaser image is fake, and not the actual car. You have to ask yourself why. If it was just an s650, there would be no point to doing that, we all know what the s650 looks like, we all know the Shelby variants will still look like s650s. If it's just a new gt 500, then the design is almost certainly finalized, or the close to it. So if that's what it was, you would think Ford would just take a close up pic of the hood vents or something to tease it, rather than hinting at it with a placeholder fake design.Why tease a fake design instead of the real design if it's just another s650?

Lots of questions, but what if this is a mid engine mustang to compete with the c8? Seems bold, but think about it. That would be a new mustang model, an extension of the mustang brand like they said. All of a sudden, the placeholder fake design makes sense, Ford's way of teasing without giving away too much. If they tried to hint at a mid engine mustang profile for instance, everyone would immediately say "That's mid engine". Having this fake design teases something is coming, without tipping their hand as to what. Which would only make sense if they were really trying to surprise people and do something they weren't expecting.
Sponsored