• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New AC Cobra = no S650 Cobra?

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Source: https://accars.eu/ac-cars-reveals-all-new-ac-cobra-gt-roadster/

According to AC Cars, they'll debut a new Cobra ("AC Cobra GT Roadster") in early 2023... Light weight, 600+ supercharged Coyote V8 power, convertible hard top...

Everything we want from the S650 or a S650 Cobra. Unfortunately I doubt that they'll release a car with the same name so I think Gt500 it is ;)

I would love to own the AC Cobra. However, I think I'm not in the market as it will easily cost six figures...

S650 Mustang New AC Cobra = no S650 Cobra? ac-cobra-gt-roadster-first-images-silhouette-2022

S650 Mustang New AC Cobra = no S650 Cobra? roadster-first-photo-shooting-revealed-2022-mobile

S650 Mustang New AC Cobra = no S650 Cobra? ac-cobra-gt-roadster-first-images-2022-mobile
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
šŸ”„ I love it. Another V8, manual transmission option in 2023.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I know that Shelby America doesn't really have its own designers. But it would be cool to see them make a Shelby Cobra with a new design. The car being teased here isn't being made by them. But it just made me think about that.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
About time for a new AC Cobra. I am looking forward to see how cool that thing will be.

Blackslax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 10 speed with long tube headers and H-pipe, 1978 Yamaha 1100
It appears to have 10 spoke rims.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I know that Shelby America doesn't really have its own designers. But it would be cool to see them make a Shelby Cobra with a new design. The car being teased here isn't being made by them. But it just made me think about that.
it really would be awesome to see Shelby American swing for the fences, hire the best engineeers anddesigners, and be the top hot rod car company o ce again. Give Bugatti and the big dogs something to worry about.

Not just rerelease a copy of the old car. Make the best Looking, fastest, best handling roadster there is for the modern day. Redefine the segment.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
it really would be awesome to see Shelby American swing for the fences, hire the best engineeers anddesigners, and be the top hot rod car company o ce again. Give Bugatti and the big dogs something to worry about.

Not just rerelease a copy of the old car. Make the best Looking, fastest, best handling roadster there is for the modern day. Redefine the segment.
And what would you be willing to pay for such a car? My point is building it is easy, finding people to pay for it, not so much. That said, I wonder how many Ford GTā€™s (arguably Americaā€™s finest sports car) could have been sold at $500k if the build was unlimited.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
And what would you be willing to pay for such a car? My point is building it is easy, finding people to pay for it, not so much. That said, I wonder how many Ford GTā€™s (arguably Americaā€™s finest sports car) could have been sold at $500k if the build was unlimited.
Don't make it out of carbon fiber and don't put a goddamned V6 in it.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Don't make it out of carbon fiber and don't put a goddamned V6 in it.
Given the engines in Ford's line-up, the V6 was a must-have for winning Le Mans.......which it did. Would I rather it had had a Coyote? Yep, but the rules for the category in which the GT ran meant there was a limit of 4 litres for engines with forced induction........so a supercharged Coyote wouldn't have been allowed, and a n/a Coyote wouldn't have been powerful enough to win, hence the twin turbo V6.

The GT was, first and foremost, a race car. The road cars were built to adhere to the homologation rules that stated road cars had[i/] to be produced. In fact, the road cars were late and Ford had to get permission from the other manufacturers to start racing before any road cars had been built or delivered.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Am I the only person that believes an AC Cobra sized vehicle would be a lot closer to perfect with 400 HP than with 600? Take 100 lbs off the front end of the car and probably another 50 if you light-weight other components that don't have to be quite as strong, it would hook better in a straight line, it would turn better. It would have everything except bragging rights, I guess.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Am I the only person that believes an AC Cobra sized vehicle would be a lot closer to perfect with 400 HP than with 600? Take 100 lbs off the front end of the car and probably another 50 if you light-weight other components that don't have to be quite as strong, it would hook better in a straight line, it would turn better. It would have everything except bragging rights, I guess.
Sounds like a Caterham 7 with extra steps

Sign me up

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
and of course thereā€™s the obligatory ā€œit canā€™t be doneā€ or ā€œno one can buy itā€ post.

itā€™s a halo car as is. Itā€™s going to be major expensive if itā€™s worth anything.
If itā€™s just another clone with a newish Ford v8, spare me.

no one wants ā€œthe NEW AC Cobra, which is really just a new remake of the old one with decent performance and loud noises.

itā€™s THE COBRA. Deserves a heck of a lot more respect, care, and forward thinking than this.

if Ford can build the latest GT, which is even faster than the latest z06 (which is a monster) and if Chevy can build a car as fast as the z06 for a little over 100k, surely the AC COBRA can be something very special for either price.

Luddite thinking kills progress. Be great to see things move forward and see a true icon such as this reclaim its mythical status in the modern day - not just nostalgic feels.

build out the killer lightweight chassis, equip it with the killer suspension, brakes, make it mid-engine for that matter and top it off with a twin turbo version of the already R&Dā€™d gt500 drivetrain m, wrap it up in a radical modern aesthetic, and send ā€˜em packing.