• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I think that the s650 is a combination of the sn95 and fox generations but modernized.
This is like the new edge on the outside, with sn95 vibes near the shifter. The Fox gauges, and fox style dash vent placement too. I think ford is trying to give us something familiar, without going too far from heritage. This is similar to how the F150 lightning is a reworked f150- something familiar but new.
Sponsored

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
This, from SVT Performance:
"Amplifying the track handling precision of the all-new 2024 Mustang Dark Horse, the Mustang team has created a distinctive collection of colors and materials that amplifies its dark aura and digital-age style. The heart of the Mustang Dark Horse interior is its all-new anodized blue, lightweight titanium manual shift knob. The lightweight six-speed knob is hollow and does not get as hot to the touch as similar aluminum knobs in warmer weather."

So, "track handling precision" is amplified by color and interior material? How does that work?

The "heart" of the whole interior is the shift knob? Really?

To whom are they trying to sell these things?

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
This, from SVT Performance:
"Amplifying the track handling precision of the all-new 2024 Mustang Dark Horse, the Mustang team has created a distinctive collection of colors and materials that amplifies its dark aura and digital-age style. The heart of the Mustang Dark Horse interior is its all-new anodized blue, lightweight titanium manual shift knob. The lightweight six-speed knob is hollow and does not get as hot to the touch as similar aluminum knobs in warmer weather."

So, "track handling precision" is amplified by color and interior material? How does that work?

The "heart" of the whole interior is the shift knob? Really?

To whom are they trying to sell these things?
This sounds like Alexa reading a marketing pamphlet. The DALL-E design the S650? 😂

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
As a 32 year old, I get the feeling that a lot of the complaints on the forum are from an older generation
Probably true. My wife and I debate which one of us complains about more things.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The whole center unit looks cheap to me. The S550 at leas thad the metal dashboard panel that distracted a bit. I guess the typical carbon covers from chinese manufacturers for all the elements will be really popular.
S650 Mustang New 2024 Mustang Dark Horse details: color-shifting Blue Ember paint, stripe options, interior look 1676549112532

And why is the DH showing a GT in the display?
S650 Mustang New 2024 Mustang Dark Horse details: color-shifting Blue Ember paint, stripe options, interior look 1676549481187

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
The whole center unit looks cheap to me. The S550 at leas thad the metal dashboard panel that distracted a bit. I guess the typical carbon covers from chinese manufacturers for all the elements will be really popular.
1676549112532.png

1676549481187.png

Which part are you referring to in particular? I actually like that black finish on the bezels instead of chrome. What look cheap to me is the where the USB/C port ist. That could have been in that carbon fibre look as well.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

Personally, I think the fake carbon fiber looking stuff looks awful, and I agree that it makes it look cheap. I think the metal part on the S550 looked nicer, whether it was higher quality or not. I also think the part that has the switches that SHOULD be toggles looks a little cheap as well, but maybe that's because I think it looks really uninspired versus the toggles on the S550.

Regarding the display, hopefully that's something that can be fixed with an update. It's a small detail, to be sure, but it would be nice to see a Dark Horse on there when the car is a DH.
Sponsored