• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

My X-pipe to HH-pipe swap experience

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Just wanted to post my recent surprising experience swapping my Steeda Xpipe for the Corsa double Hpipe. I was actually fairly happy with the sound from the Xpipe but gave in to my curiosity hoping to getting that deeper tone everyone talks about and maybe a little more volume.

Surprise! Despite the HH pipe being 3inch, it's noticeably quieter and not at all deeper in tone. Track mode on my active exhaust is now somewhere between the sound level of the normal and sport setting with the xpipe, but it is a much "cleaner" tone with less rasp.

The other surprise is actually a positive. There has been a butt dyno certified improvement in low end torque with the HH pipe. Throttle response is better and my A10 is shifting noticeably smoother than it did with the Xpipe. My normal drive mode now feels more like it did in sport with the Xpipe lol.

In all, I love the throttle response improvement, but prefer the volume and maybe even the rasp of the xpipe. I just thought the swapping of benefits was odd. Anyone else have this experience?

I reached out to Roush and they confirmed they will be releasing an active exhaust for the 2024 GT in the next few months
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
God, I hate raspy sounding exhausts.

Glad it works for you, though! :)

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
It's quieter so it feels faster/stronger. Put it on an actual dyno and you will see...zilch improvement

Transmission shifting smoother now? :cwl:

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
I will stand alone with the X-Pipe it seems!! 😆😆😆

I think those Fart-can Import 4 Bangers are “Raspy” but what do I know. What I do know is that “Love” is in the ear of the beholder and my X-Pipe is music to my ears!!!

Glad that you found your Satisfaction with the Double H-Pipe.

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special

I think those Fart-can Import 4 Bangers are “Raspy” but what do I know. What I do know is that “Love” is in the ear of the beholder and my X-Pipe is music to my ears!!!

No worries, I still rock the Corsa XX pipe and have no plans to change!

OP
OP
93-Oct Mayne

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It's quieter so it feels faster/stronger. Put it on an actual dyno and you will see...zilch improvement

Transmission shifting smoother now? :cwl:
I didn't say peak numbers improved, but it definitely shifted the torque curve to the left lower in the rpm range. And yes, crisper shifts could come down to the same (improved low-end torque means less lag when rpms drop during upshifts in normal driving)

OP
OP
93-Oct Mayne

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

There is a certain high pitch resonance to the X pipe that I liked. I think it's interesting that a lot of the catback systems offered for the S650 come standard with the X-pipe, despite most people prefering the Hpipe sound. All the Ford racing sytems and even the MBRP race is an X these days

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No worries, I still rock the Corsa XX pipe and have no plans to change!
Haven‘t heard of that Double X Pipe before but it sounds very interesting. I will have to look that up and see if they offer a sound clip or another vid on Youtube that offers the clip.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a certain high pitch resonance to the X pipe that I liked. I think it's interesting that a lot of the catback systems offered for the S650 come standard with the X-pipe, despite most people prefering the Hpipe sound. All the Ford racing sytems and even the MBRP race is an X these days
And true that on what “normally“ comes with the/most Catback Exhaust systems. Even when I had the Ford Performance Sport Catback for my S550, it came with the X-Pipe as part of the package. And the way that the Coyote revs and holds High RPM’s, I like it even more. One Member even said that the X-Pipe gives off that Shelby GT350 sound and I LOVE those! Hate that I passed up the opportunity to get one a while back but life goes on. 😆😆😆

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP

H-pipe had better dino results in the S650. 🤷‍♂️

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
Dyno ^ my bad

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang

H-pipe had better dino results in the S650. 🤷‍♂️
It made 3 hp peak....

However, the X pipe (blue line) makes more power through most of the graph, especially on the low-end like the increase the H pipe supposedly gave. " butt dyno certified improvement in low end torque "

On the S550 test in that video, the X pipe made 6hp more throughout the powerband

It's also not the Corsa double H pipe so this all means nothing.

S650 Mustang My X-pipe to HH-pipe swap experience Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 4.26.36 PM

S650 Mustang My X-pipe to HH-pipe swap experience Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 4.25.38 PM

Last edited:

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
3 hp....

It's also not the Corsa double H pipe

Why does this S650 only make 390whp?
Steeda’s dyno gives lower readings consistently when compared with other dynos. That’s why you can’t always compare numbers when run on different dynos.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
Steeda’s dyno gives lower readings consistently when compared with other dynos. That’s why you can’t always compare numbers when run on different dynos.
Edited the post, it was the S550 numbers
Sponsored