• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It almost sounds like people don't want progress, innovation and new things because it means the V8 might die away.

If that's the case, then I say let it happen. If the V8 can stay competitive, cool! But if a TTV6 can do it all better and cheaper, with more power and better fuel economy all the while being cleaner?..then that means it's now the superior engine.

Or......that progress could be the development of a 4.0 twin turbo V8. It'd be at least as powerful at the Coyote, whilst improving economy and emissions outputs ;)
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Im all for new car progress and if the v6 tt hybrid is a better overall engine than the v8 so be it, but the day ford stops producing the v8 for the mustang should be the day thats its not called a mustang anymore.
Then it should have stopped being called a Mustang in 1974.

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
innovation and progress is good for everybody. Cars have made unreal progress in the past 100 years. The next 100 will be just as radical.

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Great discussion and sharing of ideas and opinions.
I really hit a nerve with a contrarian view of the near future.
That is critical thinking.

I've driven various gas/hybrids and have visited my hometown Tesla dealer.
Those vehicles are truly great if they serve your purpose and they are want you want to drive.

Personally, I don't want to drive or be driven by what is in essence is high-performance battery in a vehicle platform...Mustang, Fusion, Tesla, Porsche or whatever.
I believe true "special editions" will eventually be irrelevant to Ford.

Mark Fields has played his cards and shown us the future of the Mustang.
Read them and weep or read them and rejoice.

I would really be impressed if somehow that new 7.0L truck engine found its way into the Mustang.

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
A hybrid Mustang,, an electric powered Mustang,, I'm embarrassed, how can I go on defending Ford to all my Chevy and Mopar friends when they find out?:doh: Maybe with luck I won't be around long enough to suffer this humiliation!!:eek: Put your order in now for the GT 75.0R

Last edited:

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
Death to the GT!
lol trolling

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Acura dumped boatloads of money into the NSX hybridization and came up with a car that matched the GTR's performance, the GTR that is at the END of it's product cycle and had been out for the better part of a decade. Also the NSX without hybrid gear consistently laid down better lap times than with.

I know the Mustang needs this to meet EPA requirements and by all means hybrid it if it means we still get to have bonkers Shelby's and whatnot, but the weight gain will offset the power & torque bump, and I'm willing to bet the gas mileage will be middling for a hybrid. Even more, the handling will likely be much, much worse than a non-hybrid stang. The car needs to keep whatever diet Ford will put it on for next gen, not gain it all back with this heavy hybrid crap.

I am a self proclaimed environmentalist, and I do appreciate Ford for injecting life into the Mustang. This is the only way it'll survive into the next decades of toxic emission reduction and air quality. On the contrary, I buy a mustang for performance, and I will have NO INTEREST in a heavy, essentially pointless hybrid. I buy a Mustang for a focus on performance and attitude, not a green footprint. I buy a lighter, SIMPLER sports car, not something gang banged with technology to produce MODEST straight line gains and worse cornering. How poor will a hybrid mustang handle?!

And for anyone worrying about the 'end of the V8', fear not, this hybrid is the V8's ticket to another generation or two, balancing out the fleet mileage average of a big V8 and whatever Shelbys Ford concocts.

end rant lol.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Even a v4 or v6 is fine as long as it has v8 power!
From the wording, I'll put my money on it NOT actually being a V8. But what does V8 power even mean? 1.6 liter F1 engines using BMW road car 4 cyl stock blocks put out over 1,000 HP decades ago. So I'm okay with whatever they do as long as it has straight 4 power! ;)

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
A hybrid Mustang,, an electric powered Mustang,, I'm embarrassed, how can I go on defending Ford to all my Chevy and Mopar friends when they find out?:doh: Maybe with luck I won't be around long enough to suffer this humiliation!!:eek:
Don't worry, their companies will follow suit or else they will become names like Studebaker, Hudson, Crosley, Oldsmobile, Mercury, Saab etc etc

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
A hybrid Mustang,, an electric powered Mustang,, I'm embarrassed, how can I go on defending Ford to all my Chevy and Mopar friends when they find out?:doh: Maybe with luck I won't be around long enough to suffer this humiliation!!:eek: Put your order in now for the GT 75.0R
You won't have to defend it unless you stop long enough for those GM and Mopar friends to catch up to you. ;)

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
give me a v8 with the option to utilize electric motor standalone and or assist the v8...just like the mclaren and I'll love you long time

what I don't want is a 4banger with electric boost that still sounds like current ecoboost mustang on the outside with faux v8 sound on the inside. i'll hate you long time.

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Has anyone thought about the fact that more Mustangs sold = more reason for Ford to spend money improving it?

Think about it, the Shelby GT350 and GT350R only became products because of the successes of the S197 platform. The S197 revived the Mustang brand in ways that gave us the Shelby GT500 and other vehicles.

Same is to be said about the S550. The S550 is massively popular which means that Ford can invest in newer, better, technologies. That is good for purists, as well as "common" Mustang owners. We get better high-performance variants because of the increased diversification of the Mustang.

More diversification = more sales = more money to invest back into the platform = better cars overall. What's wrong with that? If anything, Chevy and Dodge are going to have to scramble to fill in gaps in their product line. I call that a smart move by Ford to understand their customer's needs and where the platform can go.

Last edited:

Czs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 GT, Lightning Blue
Then it should have stopped being called a Mustang in 1974.
1987-1993 foxbodys
1993 cobra and cobra r
1995 cobra r
2000 cobra r
2003-2004 mach 1 and termis
2011-2014 boss 302s
2013-2014 gt500s
Plus all the saleens and roushs

These are all bad ass gens of mustang with V8's. Not ***** shit hybrids. The mustang is turning into a prius. What a shame:doh:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
1987-1993 foxbodys
1993 cobra and cobra r
1995 cobra r
2000 cobra r
2011-2014 boss 302s
2013-2014 gt500s

These are all bad ass gens of mustang with V8's. Not ***** shit hybrids. The mustang is turning into a prius. What a shame:doh:
So the McLaren P1, Ferrari LaFerrari, Porsche 918, Acura NSX are all just like a Prius? That's the logic train you're riding.

A 3.5L EB hybrid with ~500 hp/600 ft-lb alongside a 5.0L V8 with 460/430 would be fine with me, and is extremely likely for the S650.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
1987-1993 foxbodys
1993 cobra and cobra r
1995 cobra r
2000 cobra r
2011-2014 boss 302s
2013-2014 gt500s

You have to be careful because if you are always looking backwards you are never moving forwards. The big three were too busy with this self congratulatory behavior and it almost put them out of business. They can't forget where they have come from but future success is not predicated on recipe used in the past because consumer demand is not the same as it was in the past.
Sponsored